Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

For all this rubbish and goalpost moving about Buddy somehow not being a forward, the bottom line is that Simpson would trade Kennedy for Buddy in a nanosecond.

That's all you really need to know.
Umm no... JK is the heart of wce. Is buddy the heart of sydney I don't think so. Jk has leadership

Its like comparing hodge to mitchell now.

Umm no... JK is the heart of wce. Is buddy the heart of sydney I don't think so. Jk has leadership

Its like comparing hodge to mitchell now.
It's hard to say if that's true.

We know that Kennedy still performs in weak teams. Does Buddy? When Hawthorn missed finals in 2009, Buddy was much worse than the years he's played finals. Perhaps he's only good in a good team?

We know that's not true of Kennedy.

Edit: sorry, R260, I thought I quoted ashep.

For all this rubbish and goalpost moving about Buddy somehow not being a forward, the bottom line is that Simpson would trade Kennedy for Buddy in a nanosecond.

Is that because you say so or do you know something everyone else doesnt?

On one hand he could keep kennedy who's almost a year younger, who averages 4 goals a game in 2017, who's goal average has gone up every single year in the last 9 aside from when he missed half the season in 2012, who's paid well under a million dollars a year.

On the other he has lance Franklin, who under his current contract would need to be paid close to twice as much as kennedy, averages 1.2 less goals a game and goal average is trending downwards over the last few years, and has had mental health issues in the past.

The bottom line is it's a good thing you don't run a football club.

Probably not actually. Kennedy may not be as flexible as Franklin but he performs his role as a goalkicker better than anyone else and that's what West Coast need from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin has 300 more goals than JK and only a year older...Discussion over.

NO one outside of west coast fans will remember kennedy in 20 years time
Keep fighting the good fight :thumbsu:

Franklin has 300 more goals than JK and only a year older...Discussion over.

NO one outside of west coast fans will remember kennedy in 20 years time

Eh maybe because I am in Perth but everyone remembers Sumich quite well. And even if you look at other players - Billy Brownless is another. Anyone who wins three Coleman in a row will be remembered.

I don't think many are arguing that Kennedy is an all time great player. The argument is against him not being remembered in twenty years time, which is a complete fallacy. Forwards especially have long lived reputations.
You're making a reasoned argument to someone that two posts ago said 'no one will remember who he was in 20 years' and when someone brought up Sumich, he said that Sumich wasn't an all time great.

The dude clearly has some irrational hate toward West Coast (see: Nic Nat thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back