Is Tippett's season over?

Remove this Banner Ad

The crows are now a shoo in for top two - they'll have failed if they don't capitalise on the disgustingly easy draw they have. The thing is though, Adelaide is not a long trip from Melbourne, so having to play the weakest top four team interstate is probably not any worse than playing a strong top four team at home. Thank goodness the Swans will maintain their dominance over the Crows.:thumbsu:

We can only beat the teams which are put in front of us. Funnily enough you Mayblooms have only beaten 3 top 8 teams so far, same as us.

He obviously passed the concussion test on the weekend - he was back on the field running with the team towards the end of the half time break and kicking the ball around with a runner, if he'd failed the test he never would have been let back out onto the ground. His early substitution was clearly a precautionary measure, and since Jenkins was giving Naitanui a hiding all over the ground while Jacobs and Cox were fighting out a draw in the land of real ruckmen, I gather they felt it was worth the risk.

He obviously passed the concussion test on the weekend - he was back on the field running with the team towards the end of the half time break and kicking the ball around with a runner, if he'd failed the test he never would have been let back out onto the ground. His early substitution was clearly a precautionary measure, and since Jenkins was giving Naitanui a hiding all over the ground while Jacobs and Cox were fighting out a draw in the land of real ruckmen, I gather they felt it was worth the risk.

Don't be so sure. The Crows seem to like to keep the opposition team guessing. They have a couple of times now kept injured players kitted up so as not to give away too much to the opposition.

I have a feeling they don't want to allow the opposition to adjust who they substitute based on the injured player.

Out of the three bumps Tippett has had, only one of them looked truly nasty. I'd say he'll be fine to play against Geelong but I'd probably rest him for a week to avoid any unnecessary risk or scrutiny.

We can only beat the teams which are put in front of us. Funnily enough you Mayblooms have only beaten 3 top 8 teams so far, same as us.

Don't bother using logic and common sense here. Its too hard for most Victorians to give the Crows any credit. Its just so much more convenient to think that were only top 4 because we have an easy draw. Let them keep underrating the Crows. It only makes winning that much more enjoyable.

For the record I don't think we're good enough to win a GF just yet. Doesn;t change the fact the Crows are hugely underrated by 90% of the posters on this board.

I don't think Saturday's knock has been officially classed as concussion by the club yet has it? All we have to go off is Doc Larkins hyperbolic assessment last night. Would like to think that this was just a knock without any further complication, and that we subbed for safety's sake. As Enviable Tradition said though, there's a decent chance that we were playing mind games by insinuating he would return to the field.

I feel sort of split on the issue.
On the one hand I want to see him play.
On the other hand I know it's not worth it if there is a reasonable chance of long-term injury.
As always, the doctors are so much better informed that any of us on this forum are.
However, erring on the side of caution in regards to brain injuries always seems like the safest bet.
Adelaide's top 4 chances are not worth what Tippett could be faced with if it is determined that he is in a "danger period" right now.

I hope that he gets a few weeks break & comes back firing in time for the finals.

Geez, can you imagine him in the same forward line as Jono Brown ??? I would be too scared to look if Tippett & Browny went for the same high ball.

Don't be so sure. The Crows seem to like to keep the opposition team guessing. They have a couple of times now kept injured players kitted up so as not to give away too much to the opposition.

I have a feeling they don't want to allow the opposition to adjust who they substitute based on the injured player.

Kitted up perhaps, but if he'd failed the concussion test there's no way the Doctor would have allowed him to participate in the half time warm up, which he did.

The crows are now a shoo in for top two - they'll have failed if they don't capitalise on the disgustingly easy draw they have. The thing is though, Adelaide is not a long trip from Melbourne, so having to play the weakest top four team interstate is probably not any worse than playing a strong top four team at home. Thank goodness the Swans will maintain their dominance over the Crows.:thumbsu:

Tipped by most to not make the finals and finish near the bottom, given no chance to make the 4. 17 rounds in currently equal top I believe we have capitalised on the 'easy draw' and beaten some quality sides at the same time.

As for your second point you've just made yourself look like a massive FLOG! Well done :thumbsu:

If we repeat ad nauseum that the only reason Adelaide are doing well is the draw, we will start to believe it and convince ourselves.. We have beaten 11 out of 14 teams.. Lost to the Hawks, Pies and Kangas (in which half the team had a bad flu).. We haven't played Melbourne or Brisbane yet either which most clubs would hope to win.. Essendon is the only other we haven't played.. I'd say that's a fair amount of earning your way..

And yeah that Swans dominance over Adelaide, can't beat it :oops:

I reckon he'll be given a few weeks off then be given a few games in the run in to finals to regain match fitness/form. He's vital for our side- can play ruck (and ruck really well) + monster contested mark. We need him for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is with all these post about the hits not being that bad? A concussion is a concussion. 3 in 4 weeks is horrible and could easily lead to brain damage. I hope Adelaide take the right precautions even if it does mean he will sit out the rest of the year because it would be a shame to ruin a mans career/life.

If we repeat ad nauseum that the only reason Adelaide are doing well is the draw, we will start to believe it and convince ourselves.. We have beaten 11 out of 14 teams.. Lost to the Hawks, Pies and Kangas (in which half the team had a bad flu).. We haven't played Melbourne or Brisbane yet either which most clubs would hope to win.. Essendon is the only other we haven't played.. I'd say that's a fair amount of earning your way..

And yeah that Swans dominance over Adelaide, can't beat it :oops:

Obviously I was referring to their dominance over you on the ladder. Fact is fact - you're equal top, and have played both minnow teams twice, and Port twice. Disgusting draw, you have no right to top four action.

Obviously I was referring to their dominance over you on the ladder. Fact is fact - you're equal top, and have played both minnow teams twice, and Port twice. Disgusting draw, you have no right to top four action.
You can only beat who you play, we don't schedule the draw, get over it, see you in september

Probably a better indicator..

Wins against the other top 4 sides: Hawks: 3 from 4 games (Pies x 2 and Adel), Crows: 1 from 3 games (Syd).

2 of those 3 wins were thumpings.

Actually, the Crows do have a right to top 4 action even if you discount their draw. If you count only one game against each opposition team, and make up a ladder from those games only, then the Crows are still top 4.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/no-double-up-game-ladder.962214/page-2#post-24958091

Also, if you make up a ladder from top8 vs top8 games only, the Crows are still top 4. Given this, how do you possibly justify a claim that the Crows "have no right to top four action"?

With regard to the Swans alleged "dominance of the Crows on the ladder" ... both teams are on equal points. Only a narrowing percentage gap separates them. How is this "dominance"?

This is incorrect and you have just proven to be a classic bias Flog!
Get back to the bay you muppet.

who are you more likely to play in finals?

who are the better sides in the 8?

wanna go head to head?;)

The Crows have improved considerably since round 3.

Historically, Crows vs Hawks head-to-head in finals have met twice, both were very close games, I believe the current tally is 1-1.

The form sides right now in the top 8 are Sydney, Crows and Hawks. Against each other this season, the Crows, like the Hawks and Sydney, are 1-1.

If the Crows beat Geelong this round, then it is possible that the Crows might finish top. Because the Hawks are a game behind and have a tougher draw to come, the Hawks may not finish top 2. If this eventuates, the Crows could well meet the Hawks once again in finals ... although unlike the previous encounters, this time the game might perhaps be played at AAMI.

The Crows have improved considerably since round 3.

Historically, Crows vs Hawks head-to-head in finals have met twice, both were very close games, I believe the current tally is 1-1.

The form sides right now in the top 8 are Sydney, Crows and Hawks. Against each other this season, the Crows, like the Hawks and Sydney, are 1-1.

If the Crows beat Geelong this round, then it is possible that the Crows might finish top. Because the Hawks are a game behind and have a tougher draw to come, the Hawks may not finish top 2. If this eventuates, the Crows could well meet the Hawks once again in finals ... although unlike the previous encounters, this time the game might perhaps be played at AAMI.
No point bringing out facts mate. Hawks fans rarely listen to reason...

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Tippett's season over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back