Is Tippett's season over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be rested this week. Will play the week after.
That's too soon. With no Port bias, I can't believe he will not be given a month off after 3 concussions.
When I used to play rugby at a decent level, 1 concussion was 3 weeks and any other was two months, the brain just takes too long to recover and succesive concussions suggest there has been no recovery.
A game of football is not worth the life of a player.

Obviously I was referring to their dominance over you on the ladder. Fact is fact - you're equal top, and have played both minnow teams twice, and Port twice. Disgusting draw, you have no right to top four action.
We've beaten 11 of 14 different teams.. That's earning top 4..
Back to the bay for you troll..

Also some clubs seem to have this right to play other clubs twice to maximise attendances and due to their rivalry, they're happy to take that though hey.. Well it's a bit hard for them to squeeze in gws twice also when they want to play the 'big clubs' twice.. ;)

Pretty sure Joel and Scott Selwood have had more than 3 concussions, they going to retire too?
His concussions were in a short period of time. What they are talking about is the long term effect of being knocked out a lot , that it can cause serious medical conditions later in life .
Apparently they,ve finished some study in the US pointing to bad outcomes when these people get older, perhaps dementia issues and stuff like that I,m not sure.
But if your considering the person and not the finals then they may have to add, god help us, another rule , that being knocked out several times in close proximity may mean , your a spectator mate.

Pretty much. The AFL will put some pressure on Adelaide not to play him.

Was reading a story about a NFL player who was concussed 3 times in a season & then did it a 4th time & he had to retire. Is in the middle of a lawsuit against the NFL as it's found out there was serious brain damage.

Doctors said that it hits a trigger point and that person will forever struggle to not go through a season and get concussed.
Yes thats what the problem is exactly. Its the fact that concussions become more likely after a couple of bad hits and brain damage happens.
Its the unhidden danger that people don,t seem to worry about, when its seems all about your team winning.
Well I wouldn,t like to see a footy hero walking out the front door when he is 52 yo and drops dead from a brain aneurism. That is what the issue is about, people need to realise in this world of litigation I bet they keep him oout for a while .
But helmets also don,t help . I heard that boxers using official gloves get more brain bounce than the UFC blokes because the lighter the glove the more cutting but less collision of brain and inside skull happens.
Its the head jolting that does it. I,d give him 4 weeks off and let the medicos have a real good look at his brain.

His concussions were in a short period of time. What they are talking about is the long term effect of being knocked out a lot , that it can cause serious medical conditions later in life .
I keep being reminded of Dean Kemp...

Kemp's revelations, in Inside Football, include forgetting how to get home from training in 2001, the last year of his career.
"About the first four or five weeks of that season I started to get concussions, even at training in one-on-one exercises," Kemp said.
"It got to a point where one day I forgot which way to go on the way home from football training.
"I pulled over to the side of the road, and I only lived about 5km from Subiaco Oval. That was the time I knew my health was more important than football."

It is interesting that in none of these concussion he has been knocked out.

Also appears that all have been from contact below the eyeline.

Unsure if this is worse/better than a hit to top of head?

Hope he at least has this week off, if not two after that. I would also consider resting him during at least one of our last three games (Bris/Melb/GC).

Obviously I was referring to their dominance over you on the ladder. Fact is fact - you're equal top, and have played both minnow teams twice, and Port twice. Disgusting draw, you have no right to top four action.

Please let me know if the Hawks ever had an easy draw. If so, shut up. Rest assured our draw will be much harder next year. We won seven games last year mate, that's why we got an easy draw. I think playing both GC and GWS twice was a bit of a stretch. Replace that with a home game against the Hawks for example and its much better...and we don't have any less wins.:D

is does not look good 3 weeks in a row now with head issues think he needs a few weeks off
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Please let me know if the Hawks ever had an easy draw. If so, shut up. Rest assured our draw will be much harder next year. We won seven games last year mate, that's why we got an easy draw. I think playing both GC and GWS twice was a bit of a stretch. Replace that with a home game against the Hawks for example and its much better...and we don't have any less wins.:D

If the Crows were not to play GCS and GWS twice this year, then one of those return atches would have to be replaced against a tea from a similar position on the ladder commensurate with Adelaide's finishing position last year. Say replace one game against GWS with one against Melbourne.

Not only would the Crows probably not have any less wins, they would also probably end up with a similar percentage.

If the Crows were not to play GCS and GWS twice this year, then one of those return atches would have to be replaced against a tea from a similar position on the ladder commensurate with Adelaide's finishing position last year. Say replace one game against GWS with one against Melbourne.

Not only would the Crows probably have any less wins, they would also probably end up with a similar percentage.
I wish we played Sydney twice.

That's too soon. With no Port bias, I can't believe he will not be given a month off after 3 concussions.
When I used to play rugby at a decent level, 1 concussion was 3 weeks and any other was two months, the brain just takes too long to recover and succesive concussions suggest there has been no recovery.
A game of football is not worth the life of a player.

I agree. But its not just a game of football when millions of dollars are involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only would the Crows probably not have any less wins, they would also probably end up with a similar percentage.
I realise that, but Bayer is not a Melbourne supporter.;)

I agree. But its not just a game of football when millions of dollars are involved.
As much as the Crows annoy the crap out of me, as an organisation I think they are the type to do the right thing by the player. Hopefully the advice is sound and there are no repurcussions.

People are getting way too menstrual about this situation. The reports from the NFL and the Scott Stevens situation involved multiple serious concussion incidents, that is, people getting totally knocked out and having to get stretchered off. In every case with Tippett, he's had a knock to the face, been a bit groggy, and has been taken out of the game mainly as a precaution instead of failing the mysterious 'concussion test' which seems to be a joke anyway. With Scarlett missing this week, the Crows may as well rest Tippett so that the AFL and the media can take their fingers out of their arses. He'll be back and, in tandem with Walker, will be back to his best ahead of the finals.

Probably a better indicator..

Wins against the other top 4 sides: Hawks: 3 from 4 games (Pies x 2 and Adel), Crows: 1 from 3 games (Syd).

2 of those 3 wins were thumpings.
1 was one of our 2 worst performances all year (Along with the Kangaroos loss)
And ther other we were up at 3/4 time. And i'd hardly call the Magpies loss a thumping, if it was I'd have to ask what you'd classify the Hawthorn-Richmond game as :confused:

1 was one of our 2 worst performances all year (Along with the Kangaroos loss)
And ther other we were up at 3/4 time. And i'd hardly call the Magpies loss a thumping, if it was I'd have to ask what you'd classify the Hawthorn-Richmond game as :confused:

2 of our 3 wins were thumpings...wasn't referring to Adel.

Tippett is a fine player, but Adelaide has been pretty effective this year at kicking a winning score with or without key forwards. Taylor can kick a bag, or Hendo or Jenkins can step up as a tall forward, or our midfield and small forwards can kick a bundle without needing goals froma tall. We have a lot of paths to goal, and a lot of different players have stepped up when needed.

Re Kurt, my first hope is that whatever we choose is a wise decision for Tippett's long-term health. My second hope is that he keeps playing, preferably for Adelaide. My distant third hope is that he plays the finals.

Unfortunately for Tippet, I think the clubs that have been chasing him with an open cheque book are quietly and carefully backing away. Not the best time to be coming out of contract. However I'm sure the Crows will do the right thing by him.

This is amazing. We had people bagging Hawthorn for playing Franklin with a suspect hamstring, and yet here we have a neurosurgeon stating Tippet should be rested for the rest of the season, and people still think it's okay if he plays this week. Just goes to show, winning is always more important than a player's health.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Tippett's season over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back