MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes that was beautifully orchestrated by the AFL, everyone was fooled thinking that it was the lawyer that got Cripps off. Lawyer got the credit in most people's eyes so I'm sure they were happy to participate in the charade
Not everything is a conspiracy

AFL tried their best to suspend Cripps. Some hot shot lawyer found a legal loophole that got him off in the end but had to go through every stage of the tribunal and appeal system to get there.

I think Heeney will get off as it's a far less impactful hit than Cripps on Ah Chee
I think that's the BS excuse he was talking about.

He accidently swung his arm back? I'm sure he didn't mean to hit him in the head, but it was his choice to throw his arm back, so will have to face the music.
Yeah this is a good way to look at it I suppose, it’s negligent though he didn’t intentionally hit him high? Genuine question, if he attempts to make body contact and hits him high because he’s not paying attention is that his fault? Should he not be swinging with that force to begin with?

I would hope he gets off but I understand your point completely and can’t help but agree

Oh the joys of this overpaid bush league. Heeney gets 2 weeks from the MRO then appeals and gets off because he is a good guy with good teeth. Any news is good news.

Oh the joys of this overpaid bush league. Heeney gets 2 weeks from the MRO then appeals and gets off because he is a good guy with good teeth. Any news is good news.
Sydney will employ the same KC Silk mouthpieces that got Cripps off after he put Ah Chee in Hospital.

How infectious is that Tony Curtis smile?

Natalie Wood Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Last edited:
Under the rules for creating separation it’s intentional and will get a week.
But precedent has been set by Jesse hogan if you fight it it’s really easy to get it downgraded.

So will get a week and get it downgraded on appeal

Under the rules for creating separation it’s intentional and will get a week.
But precedent has been set by Jesse hogan if you fight it it’s really easy to get it downgraded.

So will get a week and get it downgraded on appeal
Chris Grant says hi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry Hall got off back in the day for giving a guy a smack in the Prelim Final. 50 metres away from play. Guess what? It was deemed not behind play.
Yeah because the rules at the time said a player who could realistically be in the next passage of play was considered in play. The ball was on the wing at Marvel and the incident occured on the HFF with Hall taking a mark on the next kick. Under the revised ruling he got one week reduced to a fine with an early plea.

The rule was stupid, but it was adjudicated in Hall's case the same way it was the rest of the year.

Zerk Thatcher wasn’t even sighted for mindlessly swinging his limbs resulting in a broken nose and concussion to Naughton.

Heeney will be fine, and so he should be. Can’t be getting suspensions for that.
Zerk Thatcher one seemed totally incidental - but there's no doubt he was trying to block Naughton.

It does beg the question, whether a forward should reasonably expect to get concussed when simply trying to lead for the ball?

Guys get weeks for carelessly tackling someone. A tackle is far more of a 'football act' than trying to illegally block someone's lead up the field.

Having said that, Heeney clearly did try to make contact. It was careless in the sense that it got him high and was hard enough to put a bloke like Webster on his arse.

'They' will try to get him off by saying that Webster slipped and was lower than Heeney expected, so high contact was incidental. And they'll try to get it to Low Impact.

In both cases though, guys shouldn't fear being whacked in the head off the ball.

He accidently swung his arm back? I'm sure he didn't mean to hit him in the head, but it was his choice to throw his arm back, so will have to face the music.

Whether it’s an accident or not is completely and utterly irrelevant. Peter Wright sent Cunningham into the shadow realm accidentally. He still got banned.

You swing the arm you hit a head you cop the ban. That’s literally what they changed the rule too in these off the ball moments.

I’m looking forward to the AFL finding some bullshit loophole though.

Whether it’s an accident or not is completely and utterly irrelevant. Peter Wright sent Cunningham into the shadow realm accidentally. He still got banned.

You swing the arm you hit a head you cop the ban. That’s literally what they changed the rule too in these off the ball moments.

I’m looking forward to the AFL finding some bullshit loophole though.

Bullshit loopholes.and the AFL.

Revenge Of The Sith Prequel GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back