MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

So was Maynard’s collision with Brayshaw. But the lynch mob on here, including the Carlton and Swans nuffies wanted him hung, drawn, quartered, and then suspended.

Swans supporters wanted peter wright burnt at the stake also for accidently KOing Cunningham, but it's funny when the shoes on the other foot it's all good if its only an accident!

If you take into account Wright only getting 4 weeks, Maynard getting off last year, and Barry Hall from 2005 then surely there is no case to answer.
If you take Wright getting suspended then it's clear he gets the same punishment.

AFL tried their best to suspend Cripps. Some hot shot lawyer found a legal loophole that got him off in the end but had to go through every stage of the tribunal and appeal system to get there.

I think Heeney will get off as it's a far less impactful hit than Cripps on Ah Chee

That was just a dog and pony show for the gullible public.

The afl retains full discretion of the tribunal results. Everyone on the tribunal is appointed by the AFL. It’s not an independent body. If they wanted to ban him they could have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread title “Isaac Heeney - smacks bloke in face” was just frankly silly and has been changed. And before the OP says anything, I would have done the same no matter which club Heeney played for.

My two cents is that I won’t be at all surprised if he misses a week. Doubt he was winning the Brownlow anyway though… he’d have had a huge early lead but polled little since. The downside of having multiple superstars in the one team I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't really think it's worth getting a suspension over.

I was more annoyed that he got an easy mark and goal after doing it, when we had kicked four in a row and were rolling over the top of them in the third quarter.

If they weren’t worried about Cripps and Maynard giving someone a severe concussion they aren’t going to be worried about this.
Both Cripps and Maynard used loopholes that the AFL closed at the end of each year. What loophole do you propose Heeney uses?

Has he ever been suspended before? 190 games is getting pretty close to Good bloke discount right?

Last edited:
Thread title “Isaac Heeney - smacks bloke in face” was just frankly silly and has been changed. And before the OP says anything, I would have done the same no matter which club Heeney played for.

My two cents is that I won’t be at all surprised if he misses a week. Doubt he was winning the Brownlow anyway though… he’d have had a huge early lead but polled little since. The downside of having multiple superstars in the one team I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

i wasnt wrong though.

He did indeed smack a bloke in the face.

More I watch this the worse it looks.

Willi Rioli copped a few suspensions last year for stray slaps across the face in similar circumstances.

If you take into account Wright only getting 4 weeks, Maynard getting off last year, and Barry Hall from 2005 then surely there is no case to answer.
You forgot to divide by Tony Lockett breaking his elbow on Cravens face

If Zerk-Thatcher has no case to answer for destroying Naughton's face than I can't see Heeney getting banned for the same thing.

Zerk didn't get cited so that Heeney can just get a fine. Thats the way this works. FWIW I don't want Heeney suspended unless its for 2 games.

Both Cripps and Maynard used loopholes that the AFL closed at the end of each year. What loophole do you propose Heeney uses?

Has he ever been suspended before? 190 games is getting pretty close to Good bloke discount right?

The afl will take a look at the Brownlow count thus far and decide which loop hole they want the defence to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back