News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Martin being walked to the PSD was a momentum shift in our culture after we were ridiculed for years for being walk overs at the trade table.

Also we had the ability to do it as the AFL gave us a huge (over the top) assistance package so we didn’t need the second round pick the Blues we’re offering.

That moment if you ask most Suns supporters was the time when we grew some backbone after years of disaster trades Weller, future pick swaps with the Lions and Eagles.

Martin also made it clear he wouldn’t come back to the suns unlike Rankine so he won’t walk to the PSD if the trade isn’t done

The trade will get done.

Unlikely to happen but would suck if Rankine trade fall through because of holding pick 5(6) and Philippou gets picked before our pick.

It won’t happen. The Crows would have been working on Rankine for at least 12 months. They aren’t going to let him go now regardless if we have to pay a bit overs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With all due respect, we had Swans fans coming here ad nauseum this time last year saying it was Pick 4 or nothing for Dawson because there weren't any other options.
They keep saying we can't use the psd threat for rankine like we did dawson. Pretty sure we didn't finish bottom last year either.

I don’t think he will, I just don’t think the crows have much to offer other than pick 5 so it will have to be part of any deal. We already have 3 second rounders and a 1st rounder.
I'll pass it on to Reidy. Thanks.

Adelaide won’t do that. But we did it with Martin as proof we won’t be walked over anymore at the trade table.

Be happy to be proven wrong in 50 days but I can’t see this happening without pick 5.

I agree 5 is likely to be in the deal but you can’t compare the offer of a future first from us to you walking away from Carlton’s offer. You had that many high picks you were literally giving them away (see Geelong and Freo). Carlton offered only second round picks so you stood your ground - which was fair enough

Adelaide future first likely to be pick 3-8. No way you walk away from that. I do think you get a first from us though. I don’t see us splitting 5 and finding you a pick around 12 so we can get to keep a pick around 18

I do think there is some chance of future first though

I agree 5 is likely to be in the deal but you can’t compare the offer of a future first from us to you walking away from Carlton’s offer. You had that many high picks you were literally giving them away (see Geelong and Freo). Carlton offered only second round picks so you stood your ground - which was fair enough

Adelaide future first likely to be pick 3-8. No way you walk away from that. I do think you get a first from us though. I don’t see us splitting 5 and finding you a pick around 12 so we can get to keep a pick around 18

I do think there is some chance of future first though

To be fair, Martin is barely worthy of a second round pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts' response to him was - well, why isn't he worth big money?
Good response Betts....man why do they care so much?? It's a little confusing they (media) are wasting so much oxygen on this. All the while comparing AFL to other sporting codes and suggesting we need to be more mature/professional about trades lol

I don't understand why we can't just offer our future first or tell them psd it is. Can't rankine just tell the clubs below that he wont go there?
If I was Rankin and his manger, I'd be calling each club and saying "don't you dare f***ing pick me, I'm going home for personal reasons...you pick me I'll tell the media you disregarded my mental health needs".

Not sure that's the reason but if you put the mental health card on the table, watch those clubs walk the other way.

I don't understand why we can't just offer our future first or tell them psd it is. Can't rankine just tell the clubs below that he wont go there?

Yeah absolutely. Realistically if we were trying to raise our age profile we’d be bringing in more OOC players and Free Agents, exactly what our list management team has indicated we would be doing.

I know a lot of people want the shiny brand new draftees every year, but realistically this year should be limited to Keeler and Michalanney.

Jack Martin being walked to the PSD was a momentum shift in our culture after we were ridiculed for years for being walk overs at the trade table.

Also we had the ability to do it as the AFL gave us a huge (over the top) assistance package so we didn’t need the second round pick the Blues we’re offering.

That moment if you ask most Suns supporters was the time when we grew some backbone after years of disaster trades Weller, future pick swaps with the Lions and Eagles.

Martin also made it clear he wouldn’t come back to the suns unlike Rankine so he won’t walk to the PSD if the trade isn’t done
Holy sh!t.

This is tooth fairy and Easter Bunny stuff.

Even putting aside how letting Carlton have your player for free was a good moment in your culture (you really showed them!) - everything else here is crazy fantasy.

Your club has been saying that Rankine won't survive in a football town where he'll have to play in front of big crowds - you've basically been calling him weak and saying he owes you, and you think he's coming back??

When had an uncontracted player named a club, and then gone back to the team that he wants to leave?

If you force him into the PSD like you forced Martin - why would he come back? That's a horrible, spiteful thing to do to someone.

I dont think it will be pick 5 (I think it will be 2023 first)

If you read my earlier message you will see I actually said pick 5 plus a future 3rd for one of our second rounders which is less than pick 5.

We are hoping to push for finals next year and your future 1st rounder doesn’t assist at all with our list management.

But it will be interesting to see who blinks first Reid or Cameron
I think it will be pick 5 for Rankine and a 2nd.

Perhaps you give us some later picks this year for later picks next year, but that will all just be the crumbs.

I think it will be pick 5 for Rankine and a 2nd.

Perhaps you give us some later picks this year for later picks next year, but that will all just be the crumbs.
We need pick 5. if we are using pick 5 might as well take him with that at ND and GC get nothing. I will be shocked if we use pick 5. 2023 first and murphy would be a good outcome.

If I was Rankin and his manger, I'd be calling each club and saying "don't you dare f***ing pick me, I'm going home for personal reasons...you pick me I'll tell the media you disregarded my mental health needs".

Not sure that's the reason but if you put the mental health card on the table, watch those clubs walk the other way.

If it was that simple to grab a star for nothing like that, wouldn't all clubs be doing it?

I know it works when a club like carlton overpays a bog average player like nick martin but not sure it would work for a potential star like rankine. North, West Coast or essendon would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
If it was that simple to steal a star for nothing like that, wouldn't all clubs be doing it?

I know it works when a club like carlton overpays a bog average player like nick martin but not sure a stunt like that would work for a potential star like rankine. North or West Coast would snap him up in a heartbeat.

I dunno, Bailey Smith pulled the MH card when it came to being drafted. Not saying we should go down that path, especially when we show them we are willing to trade in good faith by offering Keayes and a future third.

I dunno, Bailey Smith pulled the MH card when it came to being drafted. Not saying we should go down that path, especially when we show them we are willing to trade in good faith by offering Keayes and a future third.

If crows can get rankine without using pick 5 then kudos to them. Its a brutal competition so need to look after their own interests...as do goldcoast.

We want to get Dunkley without selling the farm so see how that goes too.

Last edited:
If crows can get rankine without using pick 5 then kudos to them. Its a brutal competition so need to look after their own interests...as do goldcoast.

We want to get Dunkley without selling them so see how that goes too.
What's yours and the Port boards consensus on what Dunkley is worth? I think a pick in the second half of the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back