News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's yours and the Port boards consensus on what Dunkley is worth? I think a pick in the second half of the first round

Well it's a classic case of supporters undervaluing the compensation required to pay for a recruit. Most seem to think the expected early 2nd round pick we get for Amon will get Dunkley. I think that's ambitious for a quality mid like him.

I agree with you, it would at least need to be a later first rounder, which we don't have as yet.

I'd rather we use our pick 7 or whatever it is on a top 10 selection like Phillipou or Busslinger.

Well it's a classic case of supporters undervaluing the compensation required to pay for a recruit. Most seem to think the expected early 2nd round pick we get for Amon will get Dunkley. I think that's ambitious for a quality mid like him.

I agree with you, it would at least need to be a later first rounder, which we don't have as yet.

I'd rather we use our pick 7 or whatever it is on a top 10 selection like Phillipou or Busslinger.

Phillipou is the reason why many want pick 5 off the table for Rankine. The same way we were set on Rachele last year and pick 4 was not offered for Dawson.

Last edited:
If it was that simple to steal a star for nothing like that, wouldn't all clubs be doing it?

I know it works when a club like carlton overpays a bog average player like nick martin but not sure a stunt like that would work for a potential star like rankine. North or West Coast would snap him up in a heartbeat.

I agree with most of what you say, but in relation to mental health, there are some considerations.

1) All clubs are hyper aware of perceptions around mental health and their (perceived) attitude towards it these days...you risk a massive blow up if you don't take it seriously and or are seen to be negligent "Oh hello Crows Camp saga!"

2) If mental health is a genuine concern, then that star you're courting may turn out to be a flop.. depression/anxiety/apathy are not a great ingredients for elite performance.

Clubs won't bring a player in if they know they genuinely aren't interested IMO. It becomes a distraction and they will be a flight risk...waste of investment. If they think it's all a bluff, then that's a different story. Guess it depends on how convincing you are ;)

If you guys had finished lower than us then it becomes interesting in the PSD, because the 'go home reason' can be satisfied by two clubs in SA. Fortunately or unfortunately that isn't an issue this year.

Besides, according to all the media Rankin is no star, and not worth a lofty $750k a year....definitely worth multiple 1st round picks, Fog, Rachelle and Soligo as compensation though :tearsofjoy:

I agree with most of what you say, but in relation to mental health, there are some considerations.

1) All clubs are hyper aware of perceptions around mental health and their (perceived) attitude towards it these days...you risk a massive blow up if you don't take it seriously and or are seen to be negligent "Oh hello Crows Camp saga!"

2) If mental health is a genuine concern, then that star you're courting may turn out to be a flop.. depression/anxiety/apathy are not a great ingredients for elite performance.

Clubs won't bring a player in if they know they genuinely aren't interested IMO. It becomes a distraction and they will be a flight risk...waste of investment. If they think it's all a bluff, then that's a different story. Guess it depends on how convincing you are ;)

If you guys had finished lower than us then it becomes interesting in the PSD, because the 'go home reason' can be satisfied by two clubs in SA. Fortunately or unfortunately that isn't an issue this year.

Besides, according to all the media Rankin is no star, and not worth a lofty $750k a year....definitely worth multiple 1st round picks, Fog, Rachelle and Soligo as compensation though :tearsofjoy:

I watched rankine in the u18 national championships and I still think he's the best u/18 player I've ever seen. I was too young to see Gavin wanganeen in the u/18s but apparently he was just as good.

Be surprised if he doesn't become a multiple AA star. I think pick 5 is cheap for a young player of that calibre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Yeeted Suns fella is a bit funny. He’s been posting like a rabid nutter since this news broke and he thinks we are weird?

He doesn’t realise he’s our ABAB, actually that’s doing a disservice to ABAB
They're deluded. Unfortunately he's not an orphan on that board.

The annoying thing is most Crows fans are on board with trading 'a 1st rounder' for Rankine. But the Vic media are making out like the only way to do that is for us to trade pick 5. When in reality there is a multitude of ways we can get this done and still pay a far more reasonable '1st round' price.

Bottom line is Izak doesn't have a contract. The team with the biggest risk from playing hardball at the trade table is definitely not the Crows. I think the AFL are clearly going hard early through all their channels to protect their delicate flower franchise. Because if he ends up leaving the Suns for nothing, it would be a disaster for the AFL and the Suns.

I'm not saying we commit to walking him to the PSD. But the Crows would be smart to remind the football public that walking him is an option.

The annoying thing is most Crows fans are on board with trading 'a 1st rounder' for Rankine. But the Vic media are making out like the only way to do that is for us to trade pick 5. When in reality there is a multitude of ways we can get this done and still pay a far more reasonable '1st round' price.

Bottom line is Izak doesn't have a contract. The team with the biggest risk from playing hardball at the trade table is definitely not the Crows. I think the AFL are clearly going hard early through all their channels to protect their delicate flower franchise. Because if he ends up leaving the Suns for nothing, it would be a disaster for the AFL and the Suns.

I'm not saying we commit to walking him to the PSD. But the Crows would be smart to remind the football public that walking him is an option.
Ive included a Poll for the thread now for Crows Posters ONLY.

The Vic media are just trolling with the pick 5 stuff. Funnily enough they think they have some influence over the trade which they have none. There is a multitude of ways the Rankne deal can get done. For all we know they are interested in one of our players we are willing to trade. I think it will end up a player along with a late first.

Where do pundits get this draft is stronger than others. It’s a bull dust speculation. There’s gold every year. There’s duds every year. Bugger that determination. It’s null and void.
Haven't had your peepers on the likes of Harley Reid, Zane Duursma, Archer Reid, Ashton Moir, Jack Delean, Nick Watson, Daniel Curtin, Alex Holt, Sam Frangalas, Koen Sanchez, Koltyn Tholstrup, Cam Nyko, Will Patton, Jed Walter, Ben Ridgeway, Joel Freijah, Kade Mueller, Logan Morris obviously.

Haven't had your peepers on the likes of Harley Reid, Zane Duursma, Archer Reid, Ashton Moir, Jack Delean, Nick Watson, Daniel Curtin, Alex Holt, Sam Frangalas, Koen Sanchez, Koltyn Tholstrup, Cam Nyko, Will Patton, Jed Walter, Ben Ridgeway, Joel Freijah, Kade Mueller, Logan Morris obviously.
Moir is an exciting prospect

The Vic media are just trolling with the pick 5 stuff. Funnily enough they think they have some influence over the trade which they have none. There is a multitude of ways the Rankne deal can get done. For all we know they are interested in one of our players we are willing to trade. I think it will end up a player along with a late first.
Not seeing it going down like that at all, especially a Crows player being involved with a late pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back