News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a comment that guarantee's caller feedback .....and that's Rowe's job ...to stimulate talkback & the old Port v Crows player comparison is a 100% guarantee
The fact people haven't worked this out & there is very little actual informative about Rowie is mystery to me...

We have... but you don't delist a player you might be able to trade!
You can't trade a DFA ....if we haven't offered a new contract, Rowe / Frampton are gone for nothing ....unless it impacts the targeting club's free agent compensatory pick

If we do Contract them, we can't then trade the player (s)

I would prefer to pass on anything Rowe says.

I have basically stopped listening to the drive show since he & Bicks took over.

I felt dumber listening to those clowns.

May as well listen to music...
Just pick and choose the podcasts off Acast ....saves all the filler drivel

I just pick thru Acast and Sen podcasts .....only way these days, no adverts, no drivel
I listen to mainly true crime.

Stranger than fiction...

You can't trade a DFA ....if we haven't offered a new contract, Rowe / Frampton are gone for nothing ....unless it impacts the targeting club's free agent compensatory pick

Contracts don't expire until after the draft, the reason why uncontracted players like Dunkley, Rankine, Jacobs, and Lever are traded each year.

Which ones?
Mainly Australian ones.

Listening to Shandee's Story at the moment.

Andrew Rule's life & crimes is good value. Check out the Neil Balme one from a few weeks back.

So many out there now.

Contracts don't expire until after the draft, the reason why uncontracted players like Dunkley, Rankine, Jacobs, and Lever are traded each year.
Not disputing your POV .....however I thought Contracts expired Oct 31st

Did you mean, until after the Trade Period ?

Clubs will be able to sign delisted free agents across various windows in early November, while draft picks can be swapped after the trade period until Tuesday November 15. Picks can then be traded again during the two draft nights.
Clubs will simply wait till the players are delisted .....and then sign as DFA ....list spots will be reserved for them

Clubs will simply wait till the players are delisted .....and then sign as DFA ....list spots will be reserved for them
They can, but they also get the player much later, impacting their transition and prep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mistake, after trade period is what I meant to say.

We could also be waiting to see who is available to us in the various drafts before making a decision on whether to keep Rowe, like Davis last year.

We could also be waiting to see who is available to us in the various drafts before making a decision on whether to keep Rowe, like Davis last year.
OR ..waiting on AFL's final list sizes for 2023 ....fact remains we have to delist / rookie a number of players

For the first time I built up the courage and ventured far away to the other forum - trading - and the Izak thread - I think for all of the pain being an Adelaide supporter I can feel better knowing there are Gold Coast supporters who for their existence will never know any joy!

They will have players leave every year and have limited success with poor crowds until the AFL realise placing a team in a non AFL state is bound to fail or forever be a feeder club.

For the first time I built up the courage and ventured far away to the other forum - trading - and the Izak thread - I think for all of the pain being an Adelaide supporter I can feel better knowing there are Gold Coast supporters who for their existence will never know any joy!

They will have players leave every year and have limited success with poor crowds until the AFL realise placing a team in a non AFL state is bound to fail or forever be a feeder club.

I have said to those Suns supporters, their best chance of success is by getting as many QLD players that they can in their squad and look to trade/draft according. The NT academy that they have, is at least a start in that direction.

Berg and Keays are not elite, but are at least would be part of the bigger picture. Players like King and Rowell wont be there long term, if they become elite players.

Otherwise the player drain is going to continue at least for the short term, ie next 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back