News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose either pick 5 or next year’s first, Reid has failed.
This is a chance to bring in a bonus first rounder. GC has no leverage. Reid has to make it happen and retain our first rounders. Not negotiable.
Absolute stupidity.

Bringing in our highest ever paid playing contract and not willing to give up a first. Give me a break.

Pick 18 is also a first rounder.
You under value pick 5. Rankine isn't worth that.
He is also not going to be our highest paid player at 700k.
If you read the post said I said playing contracts, how many 3.5-4.25m contracts have we ever had? (Considering salary cap steep increases in recent year)

700k. We have multiple players above that.
Laird, Sloane.
Why are media reports saying he will be our highest paid player? The facts are we will never know for sure.

the substance of the discussion is getting Rankine and not losing pick 5 or next years first. Not possible

Let’s revisit when the deal is done. Sweet dreams Optimists and trust me I hope you are 100% right but just expect it’s cuckoo land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are media reports saying he will be our highest paid player? The facts are we will never know for sure.

the substance of the discussion is getting Rankine and not losing pick 5 or next years first. Not possible
Because they’re false Victorian and Kane Cornes made up numbers you don’t have the ability to see through.
See respected journos on AFC matters and you will see 700k has been reported.

The media reported Essendon offered Rankine $800K so they came to the conclusion we must have offered him that much for him to select us despite he is actually coming home so logically we didn't have to and then Rucci said it was actually as high as $900K and now they just half those amount and are saying $850K which will make him our highest paid player if he is offered that much.

Agree, I can't see how we can get a pick in the 10 range without losing pick 5 or next year's 1st rounder.

If you read the post said I said playing contracts, how many 3.5-4.25m contracts have we ever had? (Considering salary cap steep increases in recent year)

And? Carlton contract to McGovern was $800K a year for 5 years, and he was still under contract with us, and we got Pick 13….

Charlie Cameron signed 5 years ago for $700k+ and we got Pick 12

Once again, for everyone in the back, contract size does not always correlate to the draft pick required to extract that player from a club, particularly when the contract is distorted by, you know, an exorbitant amount of free cap space…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And? Carlton contract to McGovern was $800K a year for 5 years, and he was still under contract with us, and we got Pick 13….

Charlie Cameron signed 5 years ago for $700k+ and we got Pick 12

Once again, for everyone in the back, contract size does not always correlate to the draft pick required to extract that player from a club, particularly when the contract is distorted by, you know, an exorbitant amount of free cap space…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep

i wish people would stop panicking. pick 5 wont be on the table unless its a slide to pick 7. even then i think they will be reluctant

It all comes down to whether we want 23 for keeler

If not, it wont be hard to get brisbanes pick
Brisbane would likely trade their pick for Dunkley, and utilise their free agent compo for points for Ashcroft.

700k. We have multiple players above that.
Laird, Sloane.
I know we're clinging to $700k as the truth, but in fairness we have one report that says that and dozens that say $800k.

Because they’re false Victorian and Kane Cornes made up numbers you don’t have the ability to see through.
See respected journos on AFC matters and you will see 700k has been reported.
That's been said once by a relatively junior journalist (sorry Mark McGowan) - who I hope is right.

It's been said as often as $1.5m has been said.

I understand just wanting to believe the number that we hope is true, but you can't say it definitively.

Yep

i wish people would stop panicking. pick 5 wont be on the table unless its a slide to pick 7. even then i think they will be reluctant
We're going to have to give Gold Coast something they can use, and I'm not sure what that is.

I don't think we want this to go to the PSD after convincing a player to choose us.

Gosh I love how petty and pedantic people can be when arguing over contract size they have absolutely zero idea about.
It’s only 600
I heard 750
He’s not worth 850
It’s not 850 it’s 700
Give me a spell
Agree... no one really knows.

I would suggest it has been front loaded though.

We're going to have to give Gold Coast something they can use, and I'm not sure what that is.

I don't think we want this to go to the PSD after convincing a player to choose us.
agree they actually want players not picks who can get them into the 8. but there is no way I would give up pick 5 and i dont think they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back