Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially been traded to NM from WCE in exchange for #67 - welcome Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to ask yourself this question re Darling:

Why are WC so desperate to offload him, when they are in the same position as we are?
Last time I checked, they’re a struggling team with young key forwards……..why don’t their young forwards need help and guidance?

Also, anyone who suggests Darling is in the J Waite mould, has been sniffing glue for too long.
WC have Waterman and Allen with Williams emerging. Darling rightly is being squeezed out. Not because he's totally cooked which is a misconception in here (though heading there). He will help address our massive issue of connecting defense to better inside 50s by working up to wing. Also Waterman's year was massive in part because Darling understands spacing and Jake had space to lead. So I get the thinking of why we want him. We need to build around Larkey and he complements that structure.

However despite all that I've said elsewhere I would have gone after Brown of GWS. Stuck behind Hogan, Cadman etc, he'd also be a good fit and is younger and more physical. We get to 2026/27 where our list will be mature enough to compete and then what? My criticism of recruiting Darling isn't the player himself, but that we have better profiles to chase from a list management pov.

Some of us were outraged a week ago and have come to terms with it.
It's part of being an adult
You learn to move on and accept things you don't like but can't change.
Tony Abbott as pm taught me this lesson.

Yeah nah, we can always walk around for the next 2-3 years saying Jack Darling is not MY full forward.

Just given this a little tidy, the private pork dinner chats (thanks again Flawed Genius) have moved to the Clarko thread to give both discussions the clear air they need.

Just given this a little tidy, the private pork dinner chats (thanks again Flawed Genius) have moved to the Clarko thread to give both discussions the clear air they need.
You tripped me TF out, my notifications telling me I was posting in a thread I thought I was no where near. Now it all makes sense 😂

You tripped me TF out, my notifications telling me I was posting in a thread I thought I was no where near. Now it all makes sense 😂

Ill Be Here Season 5 GIF by Paramount+

I still hate that the goggle eyed campaigner doesn’t know what a sliding door actually is.

I hear he actually had some sliding doors custom made into his new spectacles.

WC have Waterman and Allen with Williams emerging. Darling rightly is being squeezed out. Not because he's totally cooked which is a misconception in here (though heading there). He will help address our massive issue of connecting defense to better inside 50s by working up to wing. Also Waterman's year was massive in part because Darling understands spacing and Jake had space to lead. So I get the thinking of why we want him. We need to build around Larkey and he complements that structure.

However despite all that I've said elsewhere I would have gone after Brown of GWS. Stuck behind Hogan, Cadman etc, he'd also be a good fit and is younger and more physical. We get to 2026/27 where our list will be mature enough to compete and then what? My criticism of recruiting Darling isn't the player himself, but that we have better profiles to chase from a list management pov.
Yeah I get it. I would've loved to get a younger key forward in but that requires GWS Brown, Ricciardi or Gruz actually wanting to leave. I'm sure we would've asked the question of a lot of managers and it's probably come back they are happy at their current clubs. It would be tough to leave those successful teams right now in the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sillygit Recruiting Darling on a multi year deal is one of the dumbest things this club has done in my lifetime.
Lol you're joining in with the hack journos calling a two year deal multi year? Let me guess, it's technically correct, right? Not at all a way to make it seem like we signed him for 5? You should pivot to "over 700 days!!!".

I don't disagree with him but it'd be nice if Damo listed what the better options are.
Otherwise it's just a cheap easy shot to take imo.
That’s Damos thing sit back and take cheap shots, in fact I think Kane & Damo are trying to out do each other in taking cheap shots

Lol you're joining in with the hack journos calling a two year deal multi year? Let me guess, it's technically correct, right? Not at all a way to make it seem like we signed him for 5? You should pivot to "over 700 days!!!".
The way that campaigner was smiling, I would say he feels like he has just won the lottery. It aint two years. It’ll be 3 years.

And by the way, I was disgusted at the thought way before a journalismist said anything. I just found it amusing that pig headed **** smoker picks up what the population is putting down

The way that campaigner was smiling, I would say he feels like he has just won the lottery. It aint two years. It’ll be 3 years.

And by the way, I was disgusted at the thought way before a journalismist said anything. I just found it amusing that pig headed **** smoker picks up what the population is putting down
*what some people with documented history of overreacting have posted

Oh, that's a fun game. Nah it's not 3 it's 7, and we're tripling his wage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially been traded to NM from WCE in exchange for #67 - welcome Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back