Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

What I dont get is how Darling look such an absolute spud at WAFL level for West Perth, yet has stepped in and looked a gun at AFL level?

:confused::confused::confused:

Leading into the 2010 season he had a groin injury, no preseason and was 8kgs heavier than he is at the moment. It's amazing what shedding weight can do. Just compare his 2009 U18 Champ video to 2010, Darling doesn't move anywhere near as well as he did in 2009. In 2010 he looked as agile as a Mack truck.

Fevola would have gone off the rails at any club.

If you've listened to and read as many interviews as a die hard Carlton supporter has, you wouldn't criticise our playing group and culture. One cruise means nothing. Since 2004, character and attitude is something our recruiters appear to look for in players. They're more like Jamison, Kreuzer, Murphy and Russell, than the likes of Angwin, J.Murphy, Fevola and Norman. White and Duigan are too eloquent to be footballers.

It doesn't, but there has been other incidents as well

I'd give up Roughead for Darling... go on take it :p

The kid is a gun and will be for a long time, people harp about height but geesus 191cm is 6ft3, if thats not kp then I dont know what is? what's the difference between 193 and 191?? give me a spell, the kid has the build and motor to play it.

Seems a good player and a very good pickup at no. 26. We could use him at Freo, although he would have to beat Keplar out of the tall forward position for now. He appears amazingly more agile and athletic after losing weight.

Lets remember though he was playing most recently against the Melbourne road cones. He also has the luxury of playing third tall right now. Has he had a decent defender yet? If he maintains his speed and defensive work rate he may be able to retain spot in a three plus talls forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great game.

17 Disposals 11 Kicks 6 Handballs 5 Marks 2 Goals 2 Behinds + hell of a lot of forward pressure.

Surely he deserves to be favourite for the Rising Star.

Great bump.

Id turn for Jack.

He's turning into the complete package. Kicks straight, runs hard, takes contested marks. Hell, I have turned.

Another great game.

17 Disposals 11 Kicks 6 Handballs 5 Marks 2 Goals 2 Behinds + hell of a lot of forward pressure.

Heppell will give him a very good run for his money. Shuey will be there abouts as well.

Another great game.

Tis a possession award mate. As far as the judges are concerned each of darlings goals is worth about as much as a heppell handball.

Tis a possession award mate.

A lot of truth in that, but Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Goodes, Rivers & Nick Holland have won the award. Young talls playing as well, as early as Darling are a rare breed - reckon this would give him the edge over Heppell if the award was decided tomorrow. And despite the perceptions of some from lesser states of a pro-Victoria bias in the AFL, non-Victorian players have a tremendous record. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back