Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Their attack was so putrid on friday I'm sure they upped their offer to get him over the line. Personally think its a dumb move for him but no doubt port need him more.

Yes. And I'm not overly keen on Luko if he cost a first round pick.

But I am concerned that we've targeted a bunch of players and ended up empty handed for the most part
ANB and Cumming is not empty handed. Regardless of what you say, both improve our best 18 and will make our team better. I just don't see a need to blow Port out of the water with Luko given that we have good depth in this area of the ground and hopefully continue to groom Curtin in a similar role.

You are overrating him. He has and always will be a soft footballer who goes missing when it counts. Dimma is a great judge. Have faith in that. Port just snagged themselves a very flakey footballer who has lived off of his reputation as a talented footballer. Talent clearly isn’t everything.
Hopefully you’re still on the money re: Cumming

Surely Port will be all over Luko? Their forward line is a shambles. Dixon is finished, Marshall is average and might not play again anyway due to concussion, Lord is going backwards quickly, Georgiades is the only real key forward they've got. Luko is a nice to have for us, but much more like a need for them.
Thought as much.

ANB and Cumming is not empty handed. Regardless of what you say, both improve our best 18 and will make our team better. I just don't see a need to blow Port out of the water with Luko given that we have good depth in this area of the ground and hopefully continue to groom Curtin in a similar role.
Yeah the fact we have Curtin already helps

He's not as proven as Luko yet, but at this point in time has a higher ceiling and greater scope for versatility

The inability to work up the order in the 2018 draft finds new ways to bite us.

Still find it incredibly weird that players choose clubs because of a mate though.

Can only imagine that was the cherry not the basis.

• Currently in the window
  • More chance of being played in preferred position

Total fail by the club if they've been working on him this long though.

Anyway, they better hope they get Cummings because it'll be bad enough getting only Cummings and ANB letalone just ANB.

Makes you wonder whether the club will overpay for someone like Oliver to save face.

Yeah the fact we have Curtin already helps

He's not as proven as Luko yet, but at this point in time has a higher ceiling and greater scope for versatility
With the 1 quarter of game time Nicks gives him every week, I can see him developing into one of the best players in the comp in 30 years or so.

With the 1 quarter of game time Nicks gives him every week, I can see him developing into one of the best players in the comp in 30 years or so.
Snore. I'm just as down on Nicks as a coach as everyone else, but Curtin ended the season well. I'd hope and expect he carries that momentum into 2025 (hopefully aided by the coaching staff rightfully picking him)

Given his links with Rozee, probably kidding ourselves thinking he was coming over to the Crows.
A blow not getting him over, but not the end of the world given our forwardline is not our biggest area of concern.
Get Cumming in and focus on making our midfield better.

6 years is a big commitment to a very frustrating footballer. Wouldn't have minded him at the club but can understand him choosing port. Will be interesting to see how they get the trade done. If the answer is trading Houston I would rather have Houston.

People will of course preach the rhetoric he’s not the right fit at the Crows because they need to magically find midfielders instead ect. or point to the faults in his game but at the end of the day the football club has proven for many years now they struggle to bring in or even find anyone interested joining the club that has a remote semblance of talent that’s not from South Australia/has really strong SA connections.

So to have one of the only handful league-wide talented South Australian footballers knock you back when that’s the only recruitment strategy the club relies on it’s a painful blow and disheartening as it exposes the club and shows just how limited the club is when it comes to finding a way to improve its playing list from a consistent bottom 8 side.

Win-Win-Win? Luko is a talented player, but he fits port's current needs better than ours. Add in that they're actively in the top 4 hunt and we keep our cap open for more "needs" this doesn't really seem like the worst case scenario imo.

Getting role players is nice, but considering the list of players we've targeted, it feels a bit like the left over scraps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snore. I'm just as down on Nicks as a coach as everyone else, but Curtin ended the season well. I'd hope and expect he carries that momentum into 2025 (hopefully aided by the coaching staff rightfully picking him)
I'm not sure we know where to play him.

Nicks is used to crash and bash players with very little skill.

Will be interesting to see where he trains in the preseason.

I wonder how many people will change their tune if Port give up a pick beyond 20 for him?

He would have been a great addition to our side for a second round pick and the sort of trade we need to improve. A quality player for a low price.

I think given that future picks could be involved we will need to look at it in 12 months.

I think they will use picks from Houston, I don't think it will be a pick in the 20's but will see.

I'm not sure we know where to play him.

Nicks is used to crash and bash players with very little skill.

Will be interesting to see where he trains in the preseason.
I'm hoping he plays mainly wing next year, maybe with a few bursts in the middle, but that'll be where he can utilise his footskills the best IMO

I'd love for Gold Coast to actually be competent in the trade space for once and just flat out refuse his request because he's contracted. It rarely happens and Gold Coast are a club that always just roll over and accept crappy offers

I think behind closed doors there would of been a discussion already. Port will get it done. They have a future 1st and will get picks from Houston.

Port should really be going all out, as they're in their window. If they're selling Houston just to have the trade capital to get Luko over the line is really just robbing Peter to pay Paul. Luko + Perryman will also blow their salary capital out of the water, but it will technically provide them with an option at either end, but Houston is a massive loss.

I think behind closed doors there would of been a discussion already. Port will get it done. They have a future 1st and will get picks from Houston.

Port will be a worse side if they trade Houston for Lukosius

Would have been nice to get Luko to see if we could get out of him where the Suns have basically failed but that's life. What will be interesting is how and where the Powa will utilise him, if it's as a KPF or KPD I will watch with interest because that's not where I see him being best utilised. Will also be interesting how they structure his salary.

Port will be a worse side if they trade Houston for Lukosius

I kind of agree but he fits their age bracket and they have a desperate need for a key forward. There are not many around and guys like Rozee and Butters could be past their best if they wait to develop one.

Houston is more an opportunity given his circumstances but he is also at peak value in terms of draft picks.

You can't improve your list just via the trading of draft picks. I get your point he doesn't improve their list but maybe over the next five years he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back