Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Our guys are desperate, we'll blow our future first and get a future 3rd coming back.
A trade like that would not surprise me. I still think that Luko will end up with Port. Let's see what happens after Port is humiliated by Hawks and Hinkley is fired šŸ˜‚

FWIW, somebody talked to Casboult and he said Luko is probably gone.

People are under estimating what the trade value for Lukosius will be
When trade time comes both Port & Crows will be looking to get him into their clubs

The value of the trade will still be a pick inside 15 imo
Hopefully Lukosius wants to play for Richmond if they are thinking of playing crazy overs like you.

Hopefully Lukosius wants to play for Richmond if they are thinking of playing crazy overs like you.
I would happily take him at Richmond for pick #15

You guys are really talking him down with expectation of a bargain but he is a quality player
Worl has gone mad when Tom Barrass 2 x 1st rounder at 29 but Luko is worth cents in a dollar

You guys are really talking him down with expectation of a bargain but he is a quality player
Worl has gone mad when Tom Barrass 2 x 1st rounder at 29 but Luko is worth cents in a dollar
Imo, you are still thinking he is pick #2 quality.

If he went back into the draft, no way would a club draft him for a 1st rounder.

Further, he is currently overpaid at $950k pa which drops any trade value... or are you claiming he worth being one of the highest paid players? Would make him AFC''s highest paid. More than Rankine & Dawson, which is ridiculous.

only deluded WC supporters think Barrass is worth that much. Late first is fair.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imo, you are still thinking he is pick #2 quality.

If he went back into the draft, no way would a club draft him for a 1st rounder.

Further, he is currently overpaid at $950k pa which drops any trade value... or are you claiming he worth being one of the highest paid players? Would make him AFC''s highest paid. More than Rankine & Dawson, which is ridiculous.
You are really just going by his games this year
there is a reason he went #2 and he has played alot of good games at a crap team and until this year would have had every club jumping at him.

The contract is not really an issue if he moves and players level them out
Im sure list managers wont be writing him off and draft picks are over rated

pick #15 + is still a massive risk to not play 50 games as you would know with recent 1st rounders that have been flops at the crows

#15 v Luko ill take luko

there is a reason he went #2 and he has played alot of good games at a crap team and until this year would have had every club jumping at him.

pick #15 + is still a massive risk to not play 50 games as you would know with recent 1st rounders that have been flops at the crows

#15 v Luko ill take luko
You are very much in the minority... & I doubt any club considering to trade him in would be in agreement with you.

Time will tell though as pretty sure he will be at a different club next season as not wanted by Hardwick.

Lol, what?

Barrass is a proven gun.

No way would anyone sane take Lukosius over Barrass.
29 year old proven gun that could be finished in 2-3 years

Luko has 8 years ahead of him
Luko was averaging 1.8 goals a game last year as a foward in a crap team and the same as Fogarty this year
Would love to know what you would want in a trade for DF who is 12 months older

Anyway its opinions

#15 v Luko ill take luko

You have to consider what's given up to get 15 though. Big difference between using a couple of picks in the 20s to trade up and splitting 4 to trade down. I'm not sure either club has the appetite or ability to get a pick around that spot. We've signed up everyone with trade value and are too weak a club to nudge contracted players. Not sure Port can work their way there, although future first, if they're allowed to trade it, would be around the mark.

You have to consider what's given up to get 15 though. Big difference between using a couple of picks in the 20s to trade up and splitting 4 to trade down. I'm not sure either club has the appetite or ability to get a pick around that spot. We've signed up everyone with trade value and are too weak a club to nudge contracted players. Not sure Port can work their way there, although future first, if they're allowed to trade it, would be around the mark.
Thats a different story altogether
Im just looking at what i would be happy to trade for him as in an outright pick number
for example if Geelong have pick #15-#17 and traded it for Luko we would be saying 'Geelong have done it again"

individual teams having to sacrifice players or multiple picks would have to be another discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a different story altogether
Im just looking at what i would be happy to trade for him as in an outright pick number
for example if Geelong have pick #15-#17 and traded it for Luko we would be saying 'Geelong have done it again"

individual teams having to sacrifice players or multiple picks would have to be another discussion
I think a lot of people are still fixated he'll return to Adelaide

I still think he'd be open to a either staying or a move pretty much anywhere. Though I doubt he'd be that keen to be spending a lot of time at club that realistically won't least be playing finals in the shorter term

I'm genuinely not convinced he actually wants to come back to SA

I think a lot of people are still fixated he'll return to Adelaide

I still think he'd be open to a either staying or a move pretty much anywhere. Though I doubt he'd be that keen to be spending a lot of time at club that realistically won't least be playing finals in the shorter term

I'm genuinely not convinced he actually wants to come back to SA

Bit like Gibbs in that he didn't have any desire to leave Carlton. Circumstances conspired.

Apparently he's waiting on an offer from Port before he decides.

If Smith is worth pick 16-18 from Geelong luko is worth a third rounder.

Bit like Gibbs in that he didn't have any desire to leave Carlton. Circumstances conspired.
That's a depressing memory

Sometimes wondered if he'd come a year earlier when Reid screwed up the trade if it would've panned out any better. Probably not

I think its gone beyond keeping
the relationship is severed
What ?
I doubt it . It's not about the extra $ its about the extra years . He is our vice captain and from the yeo interview on the radio the other day the boys are keen for him to stay .

I don't get the he is worth more than his contract .
If he was injured long term would he return money from his salary ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back