Recommitted Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a very poor understanding of this years draft. It's shallow, not "weak". The top end talent is there, how could a whole years draft contain nothing but spuds. There's not a lot of potential late second/third round gems.

With respect I don't think any recruiter or supporter would entertain anything in the first round for Watts. He was a bust, it happens.

Fair enough, but when you look at some of the players around the mark like Jade Gresham, Kieran Collins, Harry McKay etc... Are they honestly going to be better AFL footballers? If I were a top 4 side i'd be considering Watts, because he has a lot more upside than what people think.

Late 1st round. Would be a very handy pick up for a strong side. Elite by foot, good decision maker, very good pace when he decides to use it. Considering how much of a lottery the draft is, and the fact this particular one is not considered to be strong, there's no way he's only worth a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick.

Bwahhaha Late first round pick? Are you serious? Which club is going to give a top 20 pick for Watts? A top 20 pick is a walk up starter and he'd struggle to get a gig at Carlton or Melbourne..oh wait

Any pick below 40 is crazy talk

Bwahhaha Late first round pick? Are you serious? Which club is going to give a top 20 pick for Watts? A top 20 pick is a walk up starter and he'd struggle to get a gig at Carlton or Melbourne..oh wait

Any pick below 40 is crazy talk
Surely a troll? A top 10 pick is far from a walk up start, let along a top 20! And Watts isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he could certainly play a roll in a good team. I would probably put him in the 15 to 25 draft pick range.

Any pick we had between 25 - 40 I would happily give to see if he could take it up a level. People saying he has good decision making skills should watch him pinpoint Jack Redpath v Dogs at CHF. Perfect pass to a Dogs forward surrounded by 3 other .... Dogs players....

He's a coach killer. Needs a fresh start.

Late 1st round. Would be a very handy pick up for a strong side. Elite by foot, good decision maker, very good pace when he decides to use it. Considering how much of a lottery the draft is, and the fact this particular one is not considered to be strong, there's no way he's only worth a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick.
Not a chance

A pick between 20 - 30 would be about right.
Let him play as a winger or third tall either forward or back and he would be good.
I think that's about right. Wouldn't get any higher. Finished 18th in B&F and was dropped for last game. I don't think he's that highly rated by the coaches. In saying that as I've previously said he would be a handy pick up for a contender or team there abouts

My data has Watts value as pick 14 at the end of 2015.

However, I tend to agree with the assessment of a second round pick given in this thread.

My data is based on performances in senior games. Being a number one pick might have meant that he has been given extra games where lower draft picks may have been dropped. There is no way to measure something as subjective as that.

Surely a troll? A top 10 pick is far from a walk up start, let along a top 20! And Watts isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he could certainly play a roll in a good team. I would probably put him in the 15 to 25 draft pick range.

Umm, he is getting dropped by Melbourne due to poor form. He even dropped himself mid-season. Watts knows he isn't up to it but obviously wants to hang on for as long as possible. The salary is to die for. Once he leaves Melbourne (which is inevitable), he will pitter out over the course of another 2 seasons and be lost to the AFL for good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo just asked if Roos could guarantee that Watts would be a Demon in 2016. Roos of course couldn't.

I've seen him shirk enough contests this year and in years gone by to know what type of player he is and the harsh fact is he will never make AFL grade...
No clue mate. Buy in to everything you read in facebook comments. Bigfooty is for people who watch footy. Hes got plenty to offer. Most efficient userat dees.

Any pick we had between 25 - 40 I would happily give to see if he could take it up a level. People saying he has good decision making skills should watch him pinpoint Jack Redpath v Dogs at CHF. Perfect pass to a Dogs forward surrounded by 3 other .... Dogs players....

He's a coach killer. Needs a fresh start.
Someone watched one dees game all year when they played your team....

Wouldn't give a pick in the first 30 for him.

Great, now my nightmares are going to return.
Melksham's leaving
1536.gif

And Jack Watts is replacing him

1010.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back