Recommitted Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

No, because he has the backbone of a jellyfish
That may well be the case but when you have been kicked from pillar to post from day one from arriving in the AFL it is bound to take its toll. He has to be given credit for wanting to stay at the Dees & turn his career around but it's time for a fresh start for him.. Surely. His kicking & knowledge of the game alone warrants a spot on someone's list. Put him in a team that he is around 12-20 in the best players where he has a small expectation & can focus on his role without any mounted pressure & I think he could end up as a 6-12 player. I'd take that for a 3 or 4 round pick

Rumours Richmond are interested. Hope we pass on him personally. Could only get one of him or Yarran (hopefully none). We need characters who step up when the big games need to be won. That needs to be our focus this trade period.

I would have Watts at the Bulldogs. But for him I think he needs to get out of the AFL fish bowl, that's why I think any of the 4 northern states teams would be a good fit

That may well be the case but when you have been kicked from pillar to post from day one from arriving in the AFL it is bound to take its toll. He has to be given credit for wanting to stay at the Dees & turn his career around but it's time for a fresh start for him.. Surely. His kicking & knowledge of the game alone warrants a spot on someone's list. Put him in a team that he is around 12-20 in the best players where he has a small expectation & can focus on his role without any mounted pressure & I think he could end up as a 6-12 player. I'd take that for a 3 or 4 round pick
A 3rd or 4th round pick? Why exactly would we trade him for that in the shallowest draft in history? Especially since he's contracted. Will need to be way overs if he's to be traded.

A 3rd or 4th round pick? Why exactly would we trade him for that in the shallowest draft in history? Especially since he's contracted. Will need to be way overs if he's to be traded.
I'm sure he's probably worth more & a sufficient trade could be done. If you couldn't admit that the guy needs a fresh start your kidding yourself. He didn't even finish the year in the best 22 did he??? Paying "way overs" for a guy who isn't in the best 22 is something you might want to reconsider... He was a number 1 draft pick a long time ago now with not much to back it up at Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he's probably worth more & a sufficient trade could be done. If you couldn't admit that the guy needs a fresh start your kidding yourself. He didn't even finish the year in the best 22 did he??? Paying "way overs" for a guy who isn't in the best 22 is something you might want to reconsider... He was a number 1 draft pick a long time ago now with not much to back it up at Melbourne.

People keep saying this but it isn't the case, he showed improvement in attitude and workrate but illness hit him later in the year and he dropped off form-wise.

He's still easily best 22 and there's no reason to trade him unless we get an over the top offer.

Had his best season to date this year and is best 22, hence why he played 20 games, worth more to us than we'd get in a trade. You should be enjoying the flag in stead of posting about Jack Watts :$

Had his best season to date this year and is best 22, hence why he played 20 games, worth more to us than we'd get in a trade. You should be enjoying the flag in stead of posting about Jack Watts :$

That aint saying much Ox. Watts is a dud, finished 18th in the B&F after playing 20 games, if you average out votes for games played he finished 27th, that's abysmal, would be happy to swap him for a $2 scratchie. Christian Salem polled more votes than Watts and he only played 10 games. I'd take whatever we can get and run, same with Dawes

Can he play a leading full forward? Does the guy have a tank? If so, maybe there is a spot for him at the Pies. Only concern I have is whether he has any grunt. I don't think he has and it's not something that can be developed.

Can he play a leading full forward? Does the guy have a tank? If so, maybe there is a spot for him at the Pies. Only concern I have is whether he has any grunt. I don't think he has and it's not something that can be developed.

Leading from Full Forward you'll probably see him get pushed out of the way by a slight breeze...

Id take him. Plays well in every demons win. Just needs some high end talent around him. Certainly not saying thats kangas but just in general

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back