Recommitted Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Did not watch Melbourne much this year. I did see the Geelong game which was probably them at their best. It confirmed some thoughts regarding Watts. I suspect his best position is half back. Given our loss of Shaw and Jetta I think he could be a good fit for us. Meantime we have Craig Bird looking for a new home. Had some injury problems this year but has previously placed well in our best and fairest. Unfortunately Horse seems to only play three out of Kennedy, Parker Mitchell and Bird leaving Bird without a game. Given Melbourne have lost Cross I see a spot for Bird. Talk on our board is that Bird will only attract a late second or third round pick which is similar to watt's being said here.
Every coach we've had has tried to find a position that suits Watts. The problem is that every position on the ground requires a level of toughness and endeavour, which Watts still hasn't grasped. When it's his turn to go, he rarely does.

Watts' manager confirmed that he loves the club and wants to stay. I get the impression that the club have put out feelers for a trade, but no other club is interested.

Did not watch Melbourne much this year. I did see the Geelong game which was probably them at their best. It confirmed some thoughts regarding Watts. I suspect his best position is half back. Given our loss of Shaw and Jetta I think he could be a good fit for us. Meantime we have Craig Bird looking for a new home. Had some injury problems this year but has previously placed well in our best and fairest. Unfortunately Horse seems to only play three out of Kennedy, Parker Mitchell and Bird leaving Bird without a game. Given Melbourne have lost Cross I see a spot for Bird. Talk on our board is that Bird will only attract a late second or third round pick which is similar to watt's being said here.

Post on Demonland thinks that Watts for Robinson and more (perhaps Bird, perhaps someone else) on the cards.

Watts reminds me of Rhys Stanley. Has good physical attributes and many good qualities but lacks guts or something. It was win-win for Rhys to go to Geelong because there's still hope that a different environment will get the best out of him. Same applies to Watts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back