Confirmed Jake Stringer - the package rerouted to Western Sydney (for pick 53)

Remove this Banner Ad

the package essendon GIF by AFL

Hi kids - bye kids.

I reckon that's the entire reason the deal was "called off". The contract, not the trade. Hope the triggers are sufficient enough!
Pick 53 in trade, triggers involved.
He gets himself right is a gun and the talent is there. Will kill it.
Doesn’t? And he enjoys retirement early.

Like the Hogan trade, zero risk on the Giants.

Pick 53 in trade, triggers involved.
He gets himself right is a gun and the talent is there. Will kill it.
Doesn’t? And he enjoys retirement early.

Like the Hogan trade, zero risk on the Giants.

Fingers crossed...hopefully doesn't result in Hogan and Stringer eiffel towering drug influenced ladies prior to match days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed...hopefully doesn't result in Hogan and Stringer eiffel towering drug influenced ladies prior to match days.
Nah Jessie is headed in the right direction in his life and is happy.
Obviously as a Giants fan this makes me happy but anyone would be happy for him and what he has gone through in his past.
Stringer a different kettle of fish. He has the opportunity, the talent and now he has to show he has the will. Away from prying eyes.

Good get for the Giants. Cost nothing, he’s got 40-50 goals in him if things go right, opposition absolutely has to respect him with a good opponent or he’ll kick a bag - he remains a tough matchup as he’s brutally strong and good both on the ground and in the air.

Still has the ability the win a game off his own boot, which he’ll do once or twice at least - could even happen in a big final which will make this a masterstroke.

Paying him very little, if it doesn’t work out then just play in the VFL. No risk.

Farewell Jakey, I enjoyed your work for us.

Good get for the Giants. Cost nothing, he’s got 40-50 goals in him if things go right, opposition absolutely had to respect him with a good opponent, and he still has the ability the win a game off his own boot, which he’ll do once or twice at least - could even happen in a big final which will make this a masterstroke. Paying him very little, if it doesn’t work out then play in the VFL. No risk.

Farewell Jakey, I enjoyed your work for us.
It’s a very high reward low risk deal …. Pity we couldnt get Shiel over the line

Stringer is a very good player, far too often he is injured or being played injured though.
Managed a full season this year, looked to run out of gas mid season after we relied on him to play too many midfield minutes.
He makes things happen, and is an absolute bull at the contest. His lack of pressure is way over stated.

Essendon forwardline and entries were a complete mess, not because of Jake. If he plays as many games next season as he did this season, he will kick 50+.

I’ll definitely miss watching him play for Essendon.

Happy with this at that price.Amongst other things mentioned by others if he and Toby can pinch hit at centre clearances it will really help as we are still a pure mid short.. His overhead marking and strength up forward will also help us and make it harder to match up on Toby as well.

This is literally a no lose trade, they weren’t using 53 and they are in a window. He had a “bad year” yet still kicked 40+ goals

It’s a punt but you get the good stringer you’ve just got an AA calibre player for a packet of used Twisties

Bombers supporters must be ecstatic he’s off the books
Some are happy, some are sad. Most are somewhere in between, where we agree with the decision but were happy with what he gave us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Jake Stringer - the package rerouted to Western Sydney (for pick 53)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back