Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, it seems to be generally known.

He may be one of those that knows he is good and he doesn’t need to do the hard yards. Thinks because he is talented he should be treated differently. Don’t know this for sure but there are whispers.

No more than Rankine though. Lots of whispers regarding his off-field level of professionalism. Surely you can’t discount JHF value for it and flatly ignore it with Rankine.

I must have gone to the wrong places.

Mind you, I hate pizza you have to fold.

I like a stiff base!!
I'm not a big fan of the fold but their slices are the size of our large pizza so I can see why they do it. The flavours are the best I've had.

Last edited:
I don’t understand people saying a 19yo kid has a reputation for this, or that, and therefore we shouldn’t pursue.

He’s 19. He doesn’t know shit from shoe polish. He is waiting for someone to take him under his wing and help him forge the reputation he doesn’t yet have.

You know, like a certain Geelong premiership player?

F*ck me.

North would likely jump at our 2 high end 1st round picks but that's not happening.

We've committed to Rankine so this years pick 5 is a non negotiable, we're not backing out of that deal...it's time everyone got real and got their head around that.

Finding it scary I keep agreeing with you.

Organisations always go on about how they have great culture. Well having culture means you follow thru on decisions, you don’t screw people over who you have given a commitment too.

Rachele is going nowhere, Rankine will be got with pick 5.

And JHF I don’t care, his attitude stinks. One year into a two year contract and he has thrown his toys out the cot. Show me some resilence and suck it up.

Huh?

We weren't getting Rachele if North had taken out purported offer reported in the media. Not that the club has ever said what we actually offered up officially to my knowledge.

I thought it was reported several club's had interest in Rachele though we were obviously the favourites to take him...it would appear NWM was our fall back option from what Hamish has said since.
That’s my point. And for the record I’m not saying we should trad rachellr

But assuming the reported offer was real (as yiu say club hadn’t confirmed it but it seems to be generally accepted) and it seemed clear a long way out rachelle was coming to us with that pick, then at that point we rated it effectively worthwhile to trade him and this years 1st rounder along with a downgrade of a late 1st

I’m just making the point that while most here agree they wouldn’t trade rachelle, pick 5 plus anything, we can’t be so clear the club wouldn’t based on history.

Having said that it’s different for the culture trading a player we don’t yet have to one who is seemingly invested in us a year in

JHF actually played mostly midfield and did better than most year 1 mids I have seen in a long time.
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Not trading for massive need because it might upset harmony is one of the worst arguments that gets trotted out. A nice cosy happy culture of not being good enough does nothing for the club.

If the players wouldnt support ruthless list management in pursuit of a premiership, they're not the players we need.

I don't believe that though. Everyone loves a star player.

I don’t understand people saying a 19yo kid has a reputation for this, or that, and therefore we shouldn’t pursue.

He’s 19. He doesn’t know s**t from shoe polish. He is waiting for someone to take him under his wing and help him forge the reputation he doesn’t yet have.

You know, like a certain Geelong premiership player?

F*ck me.
The crows aren't big fans of extra work. Unless they fit into a particular mould they aren't allowed in or if they somehow infiltrate their way in (Stengle) they don't stay long. It's why we have many well adjusted spuds from great families. The club should rename itself the "Adelaide Optics."

Last edited:
Finding it scary I keep agreeing with you.

Organisations always go on about how they have great culture. Well having culture means you follow thru on decisions, you don’t screw people over who you have given a commitment too.

Rachele is going nowhere, Rankine will be got with pick 5.

And JHF I don’t care, his attitude stinks. One year into a two year contract and he has thrown his toys out the cot. Show me some resilence and suck it up.

Culture means if you're making a mistake you continue to make it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not trading for massive need because it might upset harmony is one of the worst arguments that gets trotted out. A nice cosy happy culture of not being good enough does nothing for the club.

If the players wouldnt support ruthless list management in pursuit of a premiership, they're not the players we need.

Do you think Port went to water when Wingard and Polec were shipped out?
Didn't happen.

Do you think Port went to water when Wingard and Polec were shipped out?
Didn't happen.

Of course they didn't, and in any event 'playing groups' transition so much, or should, that it really doesnt matter. Our premiership in five years time doesn't depend on whether a locker room the majority of whom won't be there likes what's necessary to get there now.

Of course, us being us we won't get there and we'll cap out at a 6th-8th place beaten by teams with elite midfields but with a happy clique of well remunerated experienced seniors. It's what the AFC does best.

Are you referring to trading in or trading out

agree that is no on...

its all crap these stories about horne to drive ports price up
Port paying massive overs is going to help the Crows get talent in the short term at least.

The bigger the price they pay for JHF, the better for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back