Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I get this is sarcasm but Massimo should be in the team.
If picking true wingmen, yeah possibly. Was dropped for form early in the year so recency bias might contribute to that.

But since when do the AA team pick wingmen?

Seriously, if you were picking an AA team, this kid should be one of the first picked. Can play anywhere. Turns games off his own boot. Devastating acceleration out of the middle. Strong AF 1-on-1. Strong in the air. etc etc.

I realise I am preaching to the converted...

Seriously, if you were picking an AA team, this kid should be one of the first picked. Can play anywhere. Turns games off his own boot. Devastating acceleration out of the middle. Strong AF 1-on-1. Strong in the air. etc etc.

I realise I am preaching to the converted...
Maybe they should use playground rules.

What does that mean?
Essentially like the draft.

Would work like this,

Allocate all eligible players into positions (can be nominated for two if hybrid role)

Pair off selectors into two.

Flip a coin for who goes first.

Then you take turns filling your own AA team, in the structure of a team (wingmen, half forwards, etc)
I’ll take Bont at centre
- I’ll take Gawn at ruck
I’ll take Cripps at first rover
Etc
Etc

Would make selectors pick for team balance,
Also forces a comparison between players
And picking players for position, not making them up.

Then sum all created teams together and work out how to select a first and second AA team based on votes received per position.
Top 4 vote getters not getting a position, go on the bench.

Just a thought.

Never understood why people actually want the AA team to include wingmen. Wingmen are usually wingmen because they're not good enough to be proper midfielders.
Hah I had a post like this written out but didn't post. Just dump the best mids everywhere. AA chat every year is so inane because like it's not a real team. Remember that. Don't get me started on the "AA Vice Captain" position, maybe the dumbest and most pointless accolade in all of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky to miss as AA microwave 2018

7e208471-e617-42b2-a572-b10f0027258f.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back