Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are more taking issue with the fact that his comments on our trading position weren't really helpful or needed.

I agree that of all his faults this is way down the bottom of the list.

Sure, not saying necessarily the people commenting here but have seen the suggestion on social media.

So we lose Sali off the board - a bona fide business leader, and replace him with a bloke who is a management consultant. Not even a Partner at the firm he works at, but he’s from tassie and played a few games for us so it’s ok. Hardly a coup.

why aren’t there corporate leaders putting themselves forward to do it? Don’t want to or Jeff doesn’t want them?

So we lose Sali off the board - a bona fide business leader, and replace him with a bloke who is a management consultant. Not even a Partner at the firm he works at, but he’s from tassie and played a few games for us so it’s ok. Hardly a coup.

why aren’t there corporate leaders putting themselves forward to do it? Don’t want to or Jeff doesn’t want them?

Credentialed 39 year old who is fairly well through the ranks at PWC despite his corporate career only starting in his 30s. Really weird of you to shit on his CV - he has both footy and business experience and is exactly who I would want to see at board level.

Credentialed 39 year old who is fairly well through the ranks at PWC despite his corporate career only starting in his 30s. Really weird of you to sh*t on his CV - he has both footy and business experience and is exactly who I would want to see at board level.

the PWC who handed the club a report once giving only merging with Melbourne as a viable option

Credentialed 39 year old who is fairly well through the ranks at PWC despite his corporate career only starting in his 30s. Really weird of you to sh*t on his CV - he has both footy and business experience and is exactly who I would want to see at board level.
I wish I could get to Director at a Big 4 after finishing my elite sporting career...by the age of 39

Can't believe this level of success is being scoffed at.

the PWC who handed the club a report once giving only merging with Melbourne as a viable option

And what does that matter about Taylor's position with the company in 2021? Say what you will about the Big 4, and I have done my time in and around them - you're not exactly an idiot if you are at the level Taylor is with them.

Simon Taylor would have to be our first Big Footy whipping boy to make it to the board.

Hope for the long lineage in his footsteps!

Because you have to be in the Kennett click.
[/QUOT
If you think Jeff Kennett is making list management decisions you are sorely mistaken. There are many legitimate problems that you can take issue with him on but that isn't one of them.
well then…….shut the f..k up. Simple but he can’t.
The footy dept have told him to shut the f..k up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think Kennett's comments would have any impact of rival club's list management decisions is ludicrous.

The media went into hyperdrive today.....but for what? That we are entertaining offers for our players? This is far from new information to the normal pundit, so I suspect other clubs have been aware for weeks.

Calm down guys. Most of it is going to go down on Tuesday and Wednesday.

To think Kennett's comments would have any impact of rival club's list management decisions is ludicrous.

The media went into hyperdrive today.....but for what? That we are entertaining offers for our players? This is far from new information to the normal pundit, so I suspect other clubs have been aware for weeks.

Jeffrey obviously has no role in player management but you would think he has some nous in media management given that has supposedly been his working life - that he continually puts his foot firmly in his mouth everytime he speaks has been to the detriment of the Hawthorn Football Club and it's members.

In the last twelve months alone he has undermined the granting of state government contributions to Dingley, undermined the contracted 2022 coach in Clarkson to the point we are paying him to sit on his arse for 12 months, and now comes out and telegraphs the list management position to other clubs because he is shit scared of the members and the amount that have not renewed due to his stewardship.

He is showing that he as president is much the same as he was as Premier - much shouty, shouty and backslapping but never having had an original idea form in his mind.

It's time to go.

Jeffrey obviously has no role in player management but you would think he has some nous in media management given that has supposedly been his working life - that he continually puts his foot firmly in his mouth everytime he speaks has been to the detriment of the Hawthorn Football Club and it's members.

In the last twelve months alone he has undermined the granting of state government contributions to Dingley, undermined the contracted 2022 coach in Clarkson to the point we are paying him to sit on his arse for 12 months, and now comes out and telegraphs the list management position to other clubs because he is sh*t scared of the members and the amount that have not renewed due to his stewardship.

He is showing that he as president is much the same as he was as Premier - much shouty, shouty and backslapping but never having had an original idea form in his mind.

It's time to go.
If I could double like your post I would. This is a bit of fun Beside the Yarra: The Jeff Kennett Gargoyle (marvmelb.blogspot.com)

It doesn't show a great deal of emotional intelligence, or business savvy though, does it? It's also pretty stupid from a sales and acquisitions POV too.

In business you explain things in past tense, particularly when negotiations are confidential. No successful organization in the world operates this way, no matter how widespread knowledge of an impending transaction or acquisition/sale might be. 'No comment' would be the standard response, even if someone was asked.

I get that what you're saying is likely correct, in that these things have likely been flagged with other clubs a long way out, and it likely doesn't affect things. It definitely doesn't strengthen our position though. And it's bad PR if nothing happens (let's hope it does, and the Footy Department gets what they want).

The Hawthorn way is to make the announcement when there is something on the table. Jeff knows media well enough to know what was going to transpire he the wrote that letter.

Last edited:

I’ll start by saying I want Jeff gone.
I agree with this post.

Most on here are sheep. You are in a feeding frenzy over FA.

There is absolutely nothing new in anything Kennett has said that none of us didn’t know, meaning EVERY other AFL club knew too

Let’s just follow the leader
Jeff needs to fu** off.
Classic example

Very well thought out post

There is absolutely nothing new in anything Kennett has said that none of us didn’t know, meaning EVERY other AFL club knew too
Let’s just follow the leader

I think there are plenty of sheep on the other side. Do you know for a fact that we're getting a deal done, and this announcement will come to something?

Let's hope it does, but you just don't make announcements prior to something happening, it's dumb from any business standpoint.

This is not some guy in the outer speaking his mind. It's the club President.

Worse still, he's worked in media long enough to know exactly what was going to happen.

I think there are plenty of sheep on the other side. Do you know for a fact that we're getting a deal done, and this announcement will come to something?

Let's hope it does, but you just don't make announcements prior to something happening, it's dumb from any business standpoint.

Worse still, he's worked in media long enough to know exactly what was going to happen.
I don’t think Jeff has many sheep anymore.

As for your question.

No one, not even Mackenzie know for FACT what will happen in trade week.
Stupid question when you sit back & think about it properly

Trade week is ‘fluid’

As for your question.

No one, not even Mackenzie know for FACT what will happen in trade week.
Stupid question when you sit back & think about it properly

Trade week is ‘fluid’

So you agree that you and I know this, but Jeff doesn't?

You don't come out and publicly explain why players are leaving/traded before it's happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back