Jesse White to Collingwood - Mike Sheahan 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to get excited about something.
Or what else do we have?.
He showed some promising form late in 2013. Look at it this way, we're not going to draft a kid in the 3rd or 4th round that will be better than Jesse White.

He showed some promising form late in 2013. Look at it this way, we're not going to draft a kid in the 3rd or 4th round that will be better than Jesse White.

especially if the draft depth is as shallow as hine thinks. i've haven't been too sure on a deal for white, but i'm comfortable about throwing in one of our late picks after hearing hine's take on the draft.

Why are people excited about White? He is a big spud.

He's nothing amazing, but is surely an upgrade on Lynch, is only 25 and odds are we're getting him cheap.

What's the issue?

Have you guys just simply forgotten all the wasted picks and trades we used on ACTUAL spuds under Malthouse?

Even Buckley's failed experiments didn't cost us anything.

especially if the draft depth is as shallow as hine thinks. i've haven't been too sure on a deal for white, but i'm comfortable about throwing in one of our late picks after hearing hine's take on the draft.

Spot on.. After the second round it gets a bit touch and go, a bit of a lucky dip. I'd be happy to get a KPP, mid 20's and see what we can make of him.

He's being recruited specifically for the Leigh Brown role, still have to run 2 pure key forwards with him

So we get White meanwhile Sydney get some guy call Lance Franklin.

This league is really equal.
yeah but i would much rather him at Sydney, maybe we can end our mini losing streak against hawthorn.

Slightly off topic by me for once, but I heard that Tony Sheahan for the first time on SEN before talking about Buddy, god he's a flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, I'm White and I want to go to club X if you don't agree to a trade with club X then I will enter the ND or PSD and you will get Dave's empty packet of twisties for me.

Hey White, well as I was saying, since I've got no use for that third rounder that Collingwood is offering, and there are no other buyers, I'll just let you go into the PSD if you wanted to play hard-ball about where I wanted to send you.

With Sydney now making a pitch for Buddy, I dont understand why we are not going for Sam Reid?!? Much better player than White, we have currency and it will relieve salary cap for Buddy. Reid is on a lucrative 5 year deal with Swans.

Surely he would be 3rd in line with Buddy and Tippett!
Not a fan of Sam Reid. Injury prone and kicks worse than Cloke. Having Cloke miss relatively simple shots is painful enough, having two forwards spray them everywhere will be intolerable.

Jeez If some people on here got there way, then all footy Department would be sacked :mad:

I don't think I said the footy department should be sacked Dave. Just that White is an average footy player and is nothing to get too excited about. I would have thought you may have learnt from the experience of recruiting Lynch. At least he had played at a reasonably consistent level. What has White actually done other than put a few half decent games together?

He's nothing amazing, but is surely an upgrade on Lynch, is only 25 and odds are we're getting him cheap.

What's the issue?

Have you guys just simply forgotten all the wasted picks and trades we used on ACTUAL spuds under Malthouse?

Even Buckley's failed experiments didn't cost us anything.

The issue is that we have been reduced to begging at the table for Sydney's scraps.

So i bet he comes cheap now with Buddy gone.

Good day for us i'd imagine, and trading hasn't even started.

He literally needs to leave Sydney in order for them to clear some salary cap space.

They ain't touching our second rounder, in fact could see them accepting a 4th rounder just to get him off their hands.

He had a very good second half of the year, there were a few games where he kicked bags of 3 and 4 and looked very lively. If you take that form, and the fact he is 25, it could be an astute pick up.

The issue is that we have been reduced to begging at the table for Sydney's scraps.

That's an...interesting perspective.

When did it become begging? White announced he wants to be traded to Collingwood. Sydney's cap would now be bursting at the seams which means they'll be begging US to take him off their hands.

That's an...interesting perspective.

When did it become begging? White announced he wants to be traded to Collingwood. Sydney's cap would now be bursting at the seams which means they'll be begging US to take him off their hands.

Excuse my use of figurative language. It is hard not to feel a little flat about a guy like White when Sydney are able to recruit Tippett and Buddy in succesive years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back