Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes it even easier for DeGoey to tell him to get him out of the Pies
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the club factored in several of De Goey's hidden indiscretions to come to a magnitude of this punishment. You should probably stop to think about.

No I dont think they need to. If they offer it and people want to take it up fine but my personal well being outside of work is something my work has no right or need to be involved in. Its not their job.

CFC still needs to provide players with a duty of care and advice and education and even a plan if they require transport home after a night out.Happens in the NFL.

I’ve thought a lot of your posts have hit the mark.

Not this one, sorry.

He can only now suck it up, learn from it, play well, become a top shelf player.

Want help him spitting the dummy. Regardless of fairness of extra penalties, chucking a wobbly isn’t an answer in my view.

Best answer, play great football.
I would aim to play good footy elsewhere. The club has overstepped the mark big time, it’s not there place to punish him for that. It’s not up to the club to tell him who he can or can not see. The club has put there perceived image in front of themselves and the player. The numbers show this is the second worst Collingwood side in our history and we should be doing everything we can to make finals and not have club management tear us down from within.

I have one question does Jordan DeGoeys job require him to drive? No therefore they have no need to act on it

Rubbish decision by our Club today.........yeah that's right Jordan agreed to it all.

On the face of it I agree, but as I said, I think there is a lot under the surface. This makes sense as a reaction to an accumulation of problems, not a single incident (albeit this incident has brought things to a head). I think Jordan's position in the club has been more precarious than has been apparent in public. Got the feeling Goldy was a bit too honest in public based on what was going on inside, hence Walsh walking it back for public consumption. Not any more.

Some of the stuff in there, particularly these

- Jordan has made a commitment to enlist the assistance of medical professionals to help him improve his decision making.

- Jordan has agreed to make significant changes to his social life and associations, a pledge the club supports and will monitor.

- An indefinite suspension from AFL selection. When Jordan has convinced his peers and coaches that meaningful change has occurred, and that his standards have risen to those of the group, he will become available for selection.

Tells the story pretty well IMO.

No I dont think they need to. If they offer it and people want to take it up fine but my personal well being outside of work is something my work has no right or need to be involved in. Its not their job.

I agree.

But they do have a responsibility to cover their own asses - and there is a point where your private life crosses that line.

In this case - it reads to my like the playing group have been quite concerned about the impact on his training and his football - to the point that Goldack called him out in public - thats pretty significant.

And as a very public club, there as impact from the media side of it which can't be ignored.

There seems to be more issues with Jordan than just drink driving offence.
Maybe more going on behind the scenes than we know.

Yeah judging by the penalty I'd say they are pretty fed up with his antics or attitude or both.
Next time a kid says "I wont let you down" to Bucks on draft night, Hine should stand up & say can we please change our pick.
The kid will have many fingers pointed at him by fans if we lose early games by very small margins.

I would aim to play good footy elsewhere. The club has overstepped the mark big time, it’s not there place to punish him for that. It’s not up to the club to tell him who he can or can not see. The club has put there perceived image in front of themselves and the player. The numbers show this is the second worst Collingwood side in our history and we should be doing everything we can to make finals and not have club management tear us down from within.

I have one question does Jordan DeGoeys job require him to drive? No therefore they have no need to act on it
And that is a very fair counter point.

My view is he knuckles down, sucks it up, learns from it, play good football.

All other decisions can be made at seasons completion.

CFC still needs to provide players with a duty of care and advice and education and even a plan if they require transport home after a night out.Happens in the NFL.
Or the big Dunny can take him home each night.

And if Jordan steps out of line the Dunny can dump a load on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been lot of Talk around about his Poor Attitude at the Club and he could done something we will never hear about.

Where there is Fire

I think you mean where there is smoke there is...

Bit hard to be first in last out when you are working full time training with the 2s and having to do community work. Where will he find this time to train?
I find your stance here, and really anything illicit related, pretty jarring. You must appreciate you’re not the only one with some experience in the less than squeaky clean side of life, but not everyone wears it as some sort of badge. You come across as a boss of the Naughty Player’s Union at times.

If he doesn’t like it, he can **** off and get a 9-5 and play local footy. If you want to be paid well for playing footy and have the media and other ancillary opportunities, you will do what’s required and you will accept that you’re a 24/7 representative of your employer. People can argue the merits of this reality until the cows come home but this is the reality and it’s not going to change.

People have asked if a ‘normal’ employer would care if their employee lost their licence outside of work hours. A footy player is free to go and seek out employment like this at any time he wants. Or he can stay and meet the requirements, it’s his personal decision.

If I had someone working for me, on contract, and they were being a dick at work, and upsetting the harmony of the office, and putting in middling work, and I found out he lied to me and blew 0.095 on his P’s, I’d seriously consider ****ing him off when his contract expired, if I saw him as unwilling to help himself. I think this purported dichotomy between ‘normal’ employment and the unreasonable requirements of AFL employment is horse****.

On the face of it I agree, but as I said, I think there is a lot under the surface. This makes sense as a reaction to an accumulation of problems, not a single incident (albeit this incident has brought things to a head). I think Jordan's position in the club has been more precarious than has been apparent in public. Got the feeling Goldy was a bit too honest in public based on what was going on inside, hence Walsh walking it back for public consumption. Not any more.

- Jordan has made a commitment to enlist the assistance of medical professionals to help him improve his decision making.

- Jordan has agreed to make significant changes to his social life and associations, a pledge the club supports and will monitor.

I have just contacted someone via PM that Scodog10 also knows.

I hope he replies because he knows a lot more than some of the posters here who are throwing horse shit at a 21 kid that likes to party........excuse the pun Bad Horse.

He got his rightful whack from the law...........this is way over the top by our Club IMO.

He probably needs to play out the year to get a decent deal elsewhere but I would cut ties with Collingwood

And I would say that this attitude is what has got him into trouble in the first place.

- An indefinite suspension from AFL selection. When Jordan has convinced his peers and coaches that meaningful change has occurred, and that his standards have risen to those of the group, he will become available for selection.

I agree. Does have a Feeling that things have been Building Up. Done stuff they could not Really Punish and this is a Chance to get his Punished and get him to Grow Up.

The Club thinks(Though I agree) they doing the best thing for De Goey to get his Life and Career back on Track

The 'indefinite' suspension sounds quite draconian but really it's entirely open-ended which means the club decides when it finishes (in other words once the heat has died down) - the cynic in me would suggest he'll likely be available for round 1

I hope whatever decision is made it is the leadership group involed (see Stevie Johnson).

Once Pendles and co come up to Bucks and say - yep, we've really seem him go all in for the club over these last x number or weeks and were are ready to give him that chance again to repay our trust.
---

I think the wording of the statement suggests theres a hole lot more happening outside of the public domain that we don't know about. The fact that the playing group is raising concerns and were involved in the meeting is the most telling thing in all of this. I dont think we are talking about just isolated incidents here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back