Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of fat, I noticed on Elliott's page that he was at the races with a big group of guys and Darcy Moore commented that his shirt was working a bit hard. Jamie replied with words to the effect that that is what happens after twenty beers. Hope that's not true. Jamie needs to make every post a winner.

For God's sake. Is this comment for real? First, it's the off season. Players are allowed to let their hair down.

And second, are you that insulated from social interaction that you don't understand banter between mates?

Last edited:
For God's sake. Is this comment for real? First, it's the off season. Players are allowed to let their hair down.

And second, are you that insulated from social interaction that you don't understand banter between mates?

In Sea fog defense Jamie does look like he has put a few kg’s on.......the photo doesn’t lie and Darcy quite rightly is stirring him about it. Darcy’s comment did make me laugh to be honest.

Just said I hope he's not overdoing the grog. Yes players can let their hair down, but Jamie needs to have a big year.

Reality is that anyone who says they've had 20 beers hasn't usually had precisely 20 beers.

Could've easily been 19 or 21.

Now that we've established that Elliott is a fat alcoholic and a liar, it's easy to see why we didn't win the Premiership.

Now that we've established that Elliott is a fat alcoholic and a liar, it's easy to see why we didn't win the Premiership.
If only we’d had an honest, sober anorexic in his seat at the Grand Final, I’m sure that would have gotten us over the line :(

Just seen footage of De Goey on the news, putting flowers at the cbd memorial for the man that passed away

Pretty popular spot to grab a great coffee any time of day. I'd imagine a lot of footballers would have frequented there.

If only we’d had an honest, sober anorexic in his seat at the Grand Final, I’m sure that would have gotten us over the line :(
Very true. I have it on good authority that the players lost energy in the last 5 minutes because fat boy Elliott ate all the three quarter time orange quarters and then concentration waned because the word spread that Elliott the alcoholic had emptied the after match esky, and then to top it all off the prick lied about it all. If you look closely enough at footage of Maynard complaining to the umpire after the Sheed mark, you can clearly lip read him saying, "Jamie drank my IPAs and he's denying it".

Was listening to a radio interview with him from around Derby Day, and he has been back training at the gym for a couple weeks now. He wants to do everything he can to prepare for pre season. It's a good start.

Haven't heard about him partying much this offseason... he could go to another level if he reduces the partying

Jordan De Goey channels James Bond after Collingwood teammates set star an unusual Oaks Day task
Scott Gullan, Herald Sun
November 12, 2018 7:37pm
Subscriber only

• BEING a star in the biggest team in town has its benefits.

In particular come spring carnival time as doors certainly open for AFL players who are keen for a flutter.

Marquees are keen to get the biggest names inside so they can claim bragging rights about being the best in the Birdcage.

The likes of Buddy Franklin and Dusty Martin have never had to pay for a drink this time of the year.

And we’re told the main man this year was Collingwood young gun Jordan De Goey who embraced the Flemington carnival much to the amusement of his teammates.

We hear they set De Goey a task on Oaks Day to gain entry to every marquee in the Birdcage but there was one condition.

He was only allowed to say one word to gain entry … his surname.

So like the great 007 would say, “Bond, James Bond”, the controversial Magpie could only go with “De Goey” to the clipboard holders at the door.

Not surprisingly, we hear the tactic had a very good strike rate.

fdfecb36b58de0ca9d12fa839c278820

De Goey ... Jordan De Goey.

Jordan De Goey channels James Bond after Collingwood teammates set star an unusual Oaks Day task
Scott Gullan, Herald Sun
November 12, 2018 7:37pm
Subscriber only

• BEING a star in the biggest team in town has its benefits.

In particular come spring carnival time as doors certainly open for AFL players who are keen for a flutter.

Marquees are keen to get the biggest names inside so they can claim bragging rights about being the best in the Birdcage.

The likes of Buddy Franklin and Dusty Martin have never had to pay for a drink this time of the year.

And we’re told the main man this year was Collingwood young gun Jordan De Goey who embraced the Flemington carnival much to the amusement of his teammates.

We hear they set De Goey a task on Oaks Day to gain entry to every marquee in the Birdcage but there was one condition.

He was only allowed to say one word to gain entry … his surname.

So like the great 007 would say, “Bond, James Bond”, the controversial Magpie could only go with “De Goey” to the clipboard holders at the door.

Not surprisingly, we hear the tactic had a very good strike rate.

fdfecb36b58de0ca9d12fa839c278820

De Goey ... Jordan De Goey.
Haha not sure how I feel about that one. Funny if true but I want us to stay humble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha not sure how I feel about that one. Funny if true but I want us to stay humble

Nothing wrong with milking it as much as you can...……...wait till he wins a Premiership mate :eek:

Going having fun; being responsible; preparing well for the season;

All power to him.

Fun and responsibility.
Our boy is growing up.

Well done Jordan.

I like how they have him as 002

That’s quite clever.

It sounds like they're taking the piss out of whatever notoriety he has, rather than revelling in it. It's all good.

The word 'irrepressible' comes to mind with JDG. He's confident. He's got a bit of a swagger. He knows he's capable of great things.

Let him enjoy his break, and his growing fame, and then put his head down and his bum up for the pre-season and get himself primed to dominate in 2019.

The word 'irrepressible' comes to mind with JDG. He's confident. He's got a bit of a swagger. He knows he's capable of great things.

Let him enjoy his break, and his growing fame, and then put his head down and his bum up for the pre-season and get himself primed to dominate in 2019.

I had to re-read "irrepressible" again as I thought you typed "irresponsible" :oops:

Along with Brodie I think he will be our most important player from here on.

I had to re-read "irrepressible" again as I thought you typed "irresponsible" :oops:

Yikes! I definitely meant "irrepressible"!

Agree CFC, there's a few vids going around showing JDG's highlights of 2018. My God he was good. I love the 'swat' - as in he swats away defenders, uses one hand to push them out of the way. I'll carry this happy thought through to next year.:D

Last edited:

Yes those two are vital.

Elite talent makes such a difference.

What the 'morally responsible' and 'diligently motivated' forget is that constant diligence has a burn out effect.

Let him take a break and relax completely and then reset refreshed and focussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back