Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burst pace is important so Treloar /JDG rotate for me with Treloar prob 70 to 80 mid time, JDG 20 to 30 mid.

Not sure if it was a coaching move but thought in GF that Darling played further up the ground in the 3rd qtr to bring him into the play after quiet first half. This is how I’d use JDG – predominantly forward and providing relief minutes for Treloar as plan A. Up JDG midfield time if ball not getting down to him often enough.

If guys like Adams, Sier and Wills can be the big bodied mids providing most of the inside grunt for most of the match, guys like JDG can come in later in quarters and provide some relief minutes against 2nd string or tiring first stringers and maximise his burst speed, strength and ability to read the ball.

Did he play further up the ground or was the difference that he was able to impact in the 3rd which made it noticeable?

Did he play further up the ground or was the difference that he was able to impact in the 3rd which made it noticeable?
I remember him taking marks well outside the 50 so he was either playing up the ground in 2nd half or was doing it whole match and just not impacting first half. Not going to go over the tape to be certain given we lost and it was just an illustration of a point of how I'd use JDG - too important a player to leave deep forward if ball not getting there enough.

I remember him taking marks well outside the 50 so he was either playing up the ground in 2nd half or was doing it whole match and just not impacting first half. Not going to go over the tape to be certain given we lost and it was just an illustration of a point of how I'd use JDG - too important a player to leave deep forward if ball not getting there enough.

My memory (haven't re-watched it either) is that he was in the same sort of marking contests Q1 and Q2, just wasn't taking the marks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 573460

Few fat comments regarding this photo.
Three things in that photo. First is Ross Lyon above DeGoey (stay away away you filthy animal!) then something in the middle that looks nice, then the bloke on the right token on a hookah!!

My god what have we got on our hands.... he is unbelievable. He only really got going on the goal kicking front in the back half of the year.

His goals from the semi final onwards all took the roof off the G... big game players and his best is ahead of him. Just extend his contract now!

Just seen footage of De Goey on the news, putting flowers at the cbd memorial for the man that passed away

He probably met Sisto while he worked with the Salvation Army at nights.

A little off topic but they are thinking about renaming the street Sisto Street. A wonderful idea IMO.

Talking of fat, I noticed on Elliott's page that he was at the races with a big group of guys and Darcy Moore commented that his shirt was working a bit hard. Jamie replied with words to the effect that that is what happens after twenty beers. Hope that's not true. Jamie needs to make every post a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back