Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare the pair, this morning’s front pages:

50F4986A-C39E-419A-9818-05CA1E780E65.jpeg

72B26AF6-7103-4026-9800-E7C1F6ED212D.jpeg

45693E89-8C2C-4424-AF39-81FCD772D58B.jpeg

Now, I’m not suggesting Bailey Smith needs to be crucified and hounded out of the game but it is an interesting contrast on the handling of 2 different issues between different players and clubs. One is arguably much more serious given it involves illegal drugs with criminal penalties if caught in possession by police.

But hey, Collingwood … DeGoey … coz, you know, reasons … 🤪 It would be nice, just once, for a change, someone high profile in the incestuous world that is the AFL media ecosystem would drop the faux outrage and call this out for what it is.

View attachment 1427570

View attachment 1427571

View attachment 1427573

Now, I’m not suggesting Bailey Smith needs to be crucified and hounded out of the game but it is an interesting contrast on the handling of 2 different issues between different players and clubs. One is arguably much more serious given it involves illegal drugs with criminal penalties if caught in possession by police.

But hey, Collingwood … DeGoey … coz, you know, reasons … 🤪 It would be nice, just once, for a change, someone high profile in the incestuous world that is the AFL media ecosystem would drop the faux outrage and call this out for what it is.

This is exactly why Jordy made the instagram post that he made.

I expect the club to not only exonerate him ( in the absence of anything else coming to light) but I expect the club to take this message from him extremely seriously and back him to the hilt. They need to take on the media for their appalling ambulance chasing bullying behaviour.

I certainly don’t know or understand all the elements of this, but I would find it very difficult to accept the club sanctioning a player for something they allowed him to do.
Different if he has crossed a legal or societal boundary…but not if it’s a case of being irresponsible or not how others would behave

Like others have said, why do many in this generation feel that what they do should be posted on social media?
Whether that’s Jordy or his friends posting

I expect the club to not only exonerate him ( in the absence of anything else coming to light) but I expect the club to take this message from him extremely seriously and back him to the hilt. They need to take on the media for their appalling ambulance chasing bullying behaviour.
We have good managers - Graham Wright, Mark Anderson - to handle this - initially Fly shouldn't be involved - they should see it for what it is - DeGoey being a bit stupid (given his history) and the media being freakin idiots .. .yet again.

So you are basing your opinion on another double down click bait article from Rupert media?

How’s that quote at the end from this Foster person? Wowee. He’s now misogynistic for flirting around consensually with a woman? So that means he hates women?
Surely you understand that it has nothing to do whether what De Goey was doing was consensual or not. It is a terrible look that somebody is attempting to expose a persons breast in a night club. 50% of AFL supporters are female and the AFL has a brand to protect. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed is no longer an excuse for him

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely you understand that it has nothing to do whether what De Goey was doing was consensual or not. It is a terrible look that somebody is attempting to expose a persons breast in a night club. 50% of AFL supporters are female and the AFL has a brand to protect. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed is no longer an excuse for him

It is a terrible look - but in the hyper-sexualised environment that is a nightclub dance floor, similar and worse “acts” would have been everywhere.

The measure is whether the girl was worried by it. Appears not.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Speaking as a female, if the woman in question does not feel she has been victimised, harassed or assaulted by De Goey, then I would find it disrespectful for the AFL to say otherwise, because they are not listening too and believing the woman. To me that is almost as bad as not believing a woman when she says she has been victimised. I have no problem with the AFL seeking to make contact with the woman to check with her on what happened in that incident, but they should only take further action if she feels she has been victimised by the incident and she identifies De Goey as the perpetrator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm shocked that it's the broadcasters as well as the gossip columnists. My hope is that the club implement a media ban. Just say yes, no or no comment to every question from the broadcasters for a month.

Im till trying to figure out what he’s done so wrong for the dickhead media to meltdown like this. Not a great look heading to Bali I guess but what’s the difference between Bali and hundreds of other players heading to Cairns, Darwin etc?
You need to watch the video, this has come up way too often, this type of behaviour captured once again on social media, he’s embarrassed himself and the Club……………. he either needs to just stop or engage a dance teacher and commit.

You need to watch the video, this has come up way too often, this type of behaviour captured once again on social media, he’s embarrassed himself and the Club……………. he either needs to just stop or engage a dance teacher and commit.
Could we get him onto Dancing With The Stars for preseason?

Like others have said, why do many in this generation feel that what they do should be posted on social media?
Whether that’s Jordy or his friends posting
The reality of a place like Finns is that there will often be people there who monetise their social media accounts or want to.

Learning to surf
Lobster and a cocktail by the pool
Partying at Finns
Detox at a yoga retreat in Ubud
Hiking through the rainforest.
Etc. Etc

A night out in Kuta is part of the tourist circuit and the phones are out recording it.

Last edited:
De Goey lacks class. The finger, the tongue gesture, the groping.
If he was only dancing I’d be fine with it.

I've been thinking on this, since yesterday or so, that there seems to be a class element to the criticism of De Goey.

A lot of people calling him a bogan, and calling the people he's with bogans. Their fun doesn't seem to conform to what 'respectable' types think fun should be.

There seems to be a nasty condescension about it.

I noted the comments of the anti-domestic violence campaigner who called JDG sexist and misogynist, seeming not to care that the young woman was there as well with Jordan, making her own decisions --before and during and after the event-- and having fun in her own way.

I'm told we live in enlightened times, but the censoring of the 'wrong type' often feels like the worst of Victorian England or some other wave of puritanical madness.

---------------------------------------------------

Maybe Jordan doesn't lack class at all; maybe he's just not the class some other people want him to be.

View attachment 1427570

View attachment 1427571

View attachment 1427573

The Herald Sun is just a disgrace run by cretins. The Age now has JDG on the cover of it's article alongside Bailey Smith.
I just can't be bothered with these 'controversies - I do agree with you and The Age article.
The noise coming from the media and those who feed of it is just hyperbole.

Not compelled at all. Having footage taken of him and then someone publishing it was the only piece of stupidity/bad decision-making.

You only have to look to the Dees’ dinner at Entrecôte (not just May, they were surely all on it) to see that there is plenty of in-season drinking (they weren’t on their mid-season break). That is something between Jordan and club. We shouldn’t be critical of that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed, May drinking during concussion protocols is FMD level and exhibit A of the media hypocricy. If there is any corrective action it should be taken by the club behind closed doors.

I haven't lost track of what this incident is i.e. a media beat-up. As said, my first instinct would to be protect the player from this unfair scrutiny.

The sensationalism of it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone in my care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back