Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think pulling girls tops down is fine?
You need context here which none of us have. Short answer to your question is sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Speaking as a female, if the woman in question does not feel she has been victimised, harassed or assaulted by De Goey, then I would find it disrespectful for the AFL to say otherwise, because they are not listening too and believing the woman. To me that is almost as bad as not believing a woman when she says she has been victimised. I have no problem with the AFL seeking to make contact with the woman to check with her on what happened in that incident, but they should only take further action if she feels she has been victimised by the incident and she identifies De Goey as the perpetrator.
I understand where you are coming from. But what of AFL supporters in general, our supporters, female supporters, our AFLW players and Netball players and our Sponsors and the AFL who believe what De Goey has done was offensive, and who has a history of issues with alcohol/ women?

I actually think we are in agreement on this one...I am just surprised any Pies fan would not have looked at the video when they heard about it.
I have not watched it. Dont think i need to. I have no interest in what our players are doing in their own time. Watching it just feeds the fire. I do want to watch him play footy

I understand where you are coming from. But what of AFL supporters in general, our supporters, female supporters, our AFLW players and Netball players and our Sponsors and the AFL who believe what De Goey has done was offensive, and who has a history of issues with alcohol/ women?
You found it offensive. Fair enough.
How do you then come to the conclusion that all the other people you mentioned feel the same?

Actually cretin and cretinism refer to the consequence of congenital hypothyroidism with the physical, mental and growth issues it causes. It comes from the same grouping as spaz and mongol in referring to cerebral palsy and Downs Syndrome (trisomy 21).

Fortunately, unlike those other 2 conditions, congenital hypothyroidism is part of newborn screening every baby has on day 3. As such it is recognised, treated and prevented so we dont see kids with these issues in Australia. This is why the word has remained in common usage compared to the other 2 and a newer definition would be that stupid person.
The first definition of a cretin in the Oxford Dictionary is ‘a stupid person’. Many words have multiple meanings.

Surely you understand that it has nothing to do whether what De Goey was doing was consensual or not. It is a terrible look that somebody is attempting to expose a persons breast in a night club. 50% of AFL supporters are female and the AFL has a brand to protect. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed is no longer an excuse for him

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Context context context. A terrible look?? You see a few snaps of DeGoey and make your judgement. The MSM have accomplished their objective.

This may not be your cup of tea. However, this type of behavior is going on in most nightclubs everywhere. Todays boys and girls are pretty liberal with their interactions. That’s their choice. You may think it’s inappropriate, but that’s not your call to make. That young lady has also chimed in to exonerate any thoughts of inappropriate behavior. By all indications they were definitely very amorous. What ever transpired was between them. And if there was issues with it. I’m sure she only had to say so and DeGoey would have to answer for it.

“The AFL has a brand to protect because 50% of its supporters are female..”. What a ridiculous statement. Why do you think most of those women attend games. The AFL’s whole premise is to sell the celebrity of the male superstars. And what premise is it that you think they’re selling to the women. What talented good blokes they are?.

We as a society have laws and are protected from those who choose to break them. Unless DeGoey has broken some law that I’m not aware of. His condemnation from people who live in glass houses this past week is what should be stamped out. Along with those who want to encroach on others rights to live their own lives during their own personal times.

When he does do something that goes against the law. Throw the book at him.

Until then, viewing personal videos of someone, that were posted on personal accounts and subsequently trolled by disreputable journalists, when nothing has really taken place. Only to try and cause major damage to a club and it’s player. Is just ridiculous. And the AFL wants you to believe that the Mental Health of the players is one of their primary objectives with the focus of Spuds Game this week. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first definition of a cretin in the Oxford Dictionary is ‘a stupid person’. Many words have multiple meanings.
Have you been banging your pots again Ruprecht?

No worries. Do people think JDG has the nous to compose that text without guidance?

Yes, hence the use of the word “bias” when he meant “biased”.

Big test here for Jeff Browne...

Collingwood should come out clear as day and say we are not sanctioning De Goey.

Then if the AFL want to come over the top that is 100% on them, but then it is absolutely clear that it is an AFL sanction and Collingwood has nothing to do with it.

The AFL can go F$&@K itself if it decides to act on something where there is no action to be taken. They had their chance to make a real example of Bailey Smith but chose a wet lettuce leaf as their instrument. It’s hard to make an example of your poster child.

“The AFL has a brand to protect because 50% of its supporters are female..”. What a ridiculous statement. Why do you think most of those women attend games. The AFL’s whole premise is to sell the celebrity of the male superstars. And what premise is it that you think they’re selling to the women. What talented good blokes they are?.

Totally disagree with this. Not sure how you can presume to speak on behalf of females that go to the footy.

I have been a paid up member of Collingwood and AFL for decades and can assure you that neither I nor my female friends/family go to the football because of 'celebrity male superstars'.

The AFL can go F$&@K itself if it decides to act on something where there is no action to be taken. They had their chance to make a real example of Bailey Smith but chose a wet lettuce leaf as their instrument. It’s hard to make an example of your poster child.

The afl won’t take any action. It would create an unworkable precedent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl won’t take any action. It would create an unworkable precedent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They don’t mind making Collingwood the exception to the rule.

I know that. Just giving the actual history of the word. Congenital hypothyroidism effects had been described for a long time, thousands of years. The term cretin arose in and around the French Alps, I think in the 18th century, where iodine deficiency made it more common. That is the words origin.

Like *******, mongol, ****** it then morphed into being used to describe a stupid person. Like those words there has been a push to drop it but its less known because congential hypothyroidism essentially isnt seen in Australia anymore

I know that. Just giving the actual history of the word. Congenital hypothyroidism effects had been described for a long time, thousands of years. The term cretin arose in and around the French Alps, I think in the 18th century, where iodine deficiency made it more common. That is the words origin.

Like *******, mongol, ****** it then morphed into being used to describe a stupid person. Like those words there has been a push to drop it but its less known because congential hypothyroidism essentially isnt seen in Australia anymore
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back