Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton is sitting 16th.
My guess ( like your opinion )
Is that north will trade well 2017 and move ahead of Carlton.

That's a very distinct possibility, and it won't get them any closer to a flag. Either the club will embrace the philosophy of rebuilding and bite the bullet, or go down the Collingwood path.

On the other hand, we've drafted better recently and been shrewd with our trading. Our kids are also promising, we could have a breakout season and get that 13-15 wins.... Signs are positive and it really hasn't taken that long to turn things around.

Bah ha ha, old Carlton, new Carlton.. it's the same Carlton. you've just brought the spin that's coming out of the club that's all.
Wait till the shiny new toy syndrome wears off and you'll be even more bitter.

At present you sit 16th on the ladder with a group of GWS rejects. Let that sink in for a second..

I think there's bitterness somewhere else don't you?

Also, you are confusing spin with having a plan and buying into it.

Any North supporters think his fathers club and club he barracked for is why he DEFINITIVELY will go to North??

Wouldn't want others making up stories to suit their argument.

Nope, but it would certainly be a factor.

As for the 9 x $1 mill, I expect it to be considered a modest price by the mid to late 2020's.

Any North supporters think his fathers club and club he barracked for is why he DEFINITIVELY will go to North??

Wouldn't want others making up stories to suit their argument.
I am probably a bit different from a few north posters in thinking that other club's have a strong chance, due to similar cap space, similar reported deals and at this stage, their list is either better than North's at this stage (st kilda) or at least as equally talented and appealing at this stage (Carlton, although others will argue differently about Carlton's list). Although list strength is not as strong a factor as it is made out to be, I.e. Hamling going from a premiership team and those wanting to go home.

The father playing for the club is an underrated factor and goes beyond the simple barracked as a kid factor. Long story short, the father/family angle will help us, but definitely not the ultimate factor.

Last edited:
Wow North supporters are a joke, there is a reason not ONE single neutral in this thread rates your list, because it is complete rubbish.

Can't see Kelly going to North where although he may attract less money from Saints or Carlton atleast they have some quality youth coming through.

For all the North supporters who are ever so confident they will land Kelly please state the players on your list you would take over:
Billings, Gresham, McCartin, Acres, Steele
Weitering, Docherty, Cripps, Curnow, Marchbank, Petrevski-Seton

Delusion and arrogance at it's absolute finest.

Wow North supporters are a joke, there is a reason not ONE single neutral in this thread rates your list, because it is complete rubbish.

Can't see Kelly going to North where although he may attract less money from Saints or Carlton atleast they have some quality youth coming through.

For all the North supporters who are ever so confident they will land Kelly please state the players on your list you would take over:

Brown

Or was that too easy

Also when you post and try take the high ground please don't sound like a whiny teenage girl because then you become the joke.

Cheers

Those clubs have those players because they've had an extended history of being bottom of the table, can't blame North for their overall cattle because this season is the lowest we've been in over a decade. We've got money we need to spend and if our list managers think we can use it to not have to rebuild over a few seasons then I won't begrudge them.

I personally think Carlton should keep doing what they've been doing, they're going to have an awesome list in the coming years. Same with the Saints but I rate their mids, a big fish is a nice luxury but maybe not a necessity.

Those clubs have those players because they've had an extended history of being bottom of the table, can't blame North for their overall cattle because this season is the lowest we've been in over a decade. We've got money we need to spend and if our list managers think we can use it to not have to rebuild over a few seasons then I won't begrudge them.

I personally think Carlton should keep doing what they've been doing, they're going to have an awesome list in the coming years. Same with the Saints but I rate their mids, a big fish is a nice luxury but maybe not a necessity.
Spot on. We are chasing the top midfield talent we need with a lot of money. Midfield aside, which is stuffed ATM, the other two ends and rucks are largely sorted.

Agree with your assessment on the other two lists, Carlton in particular have been very good in their pick use and cheap pick ups and the Saints wins this year speak for themselves.

Spot on. We are chasing the top midfield talent we need with a lot of money. Midfield aside, which is stuffed ATM, the other two ends and rucks are largely sorted.

Agree with your assessment on the other two lists, Carlton in particular have been very good in their pick use and cheap pick ups and the Saints wins this year speak for themselves.

I love watching both of them play. There's a bit of jealousy but knowing some Blues and Saints fans as close friends and acquaintances and seeing their 'going through the motions' support of the game I've got no interest in experiencing it. Seeing them up and about is also great, generally two of the better quality supporter groups there are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ a pick 18 , pick 19 and a second rounder. Them bottom out picks :drunk:

A pick 1 that's been a non factor in our current position.
I'll give you billings.

You've drafted well but you didn't lose early picks, you traded them.

The Saints have been supreme traders recently actually, even more credit where due.

Let's say we don't land any big names in this trade period, then we set off to the draft and land Davies-Uniake/Cerra & another good player like Garner/Spargo/Brayshaw/Higgins and re-sign the likes of Gibson/Thompson/Hansen for another year to pick up the excess coin, then free up that money next year and have another crack.

There are a few quality RFA/UFA players coming on to the 2018 market:

Rory Sloane
Marc Murphy
Cameron Guthrie
Isaac Smith
Robbie Gray
Andrew Gaff
Luke Dahlhaus
Mitchell Wallis
Thomas Liberatore

Then we snap up the father-sons & Tarryn Thomas and make off like robber barons at the 2018 draft.

Adds another couple of years to the window opening, but its all win.

Last edited:
7Wow North supporters are a joke, there is a reason not ONE single neutral in this thread rates your list, because it is complete rubbish.

I actually think North Melbourne have a very good crop of young players. They have done significantly better than most expected and are in a lot healthier shape going forward than they were this time last year. Carlton probably has a slight advantage but I'd say their development is further ahead than North's youth, purely through lack of exposure which is changing this year. North are definitely on the right track.

Blake acres at the same age as Ryan Clarke averaged 11.9 disposals, compared to Clarkes 16.0

Jack Steele averages 1.6 more disposals per game than Trent Dumont.

Simpkin would be compared to Gresham. Simpkin has played 7 games in his first year after coming off a broken leg, which meant he played almost no football last year and missed the championships and did light duties majority of preseason. Has showed he has serious talent and long term I'd easily have Simpkin > Gresham.

McCartin has done/shown sfa, and looks a serious mistake at pick 1. Still early days but the kid is struggling, even heard rumors of Mccartin to Geelong.

Preuss is probably considered the best up and coming ruckman in the league.

Billings definitely miles ahead of Mcdonald, but will be comparing Joshy boy Kelly with Billings when Kelly is running around at north next year.

We also have Dusty too.

Blake acres at the same age as Ryan Clarke averaged 11.9 disposals, compared to Clarkes 16.0

Simpkin would be compared to Gresham. Simpkin has played 7 games in his first year after coming off a broken leg, which meant he played almost no football last year and missed the championships and did light duties majority of preseason. Has showed he has serious talent and long term I'd easily have Simpkin > Gresham.

McCartin has done/shown sfa, and looks a serious mistake at pick 1. Still early days but the kid is struggling, even heard rumors of Mccartin to Geelong.

Billings definitely miles ahead of Mcdonald, but will be comparing Joshy boy Kelly with Billings when Kelly is running around at north next year.

We also have Dusty too.
Your 17th. We get it, you have the best list in the comp.

I don't understand why people keep saying we have a history of being at the bottom of the table. It's only the past 2 years where we have had extremely high picks. The rest were traded in or picked after 10. We did make finals regularly from 2009-2013.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We also have Dusty too.

I now see why we are languishing in 17th with no decent players wanting to play for us, year after year... no matter how much money we throw at them.
Thanks.

I now see why we are languishing in 17th with no decent players wanting to play for us, year after year... no matter how much money we throw at them.
Thanks.

Well, you have come off a recent run of 16th, 18th & 14th on the trot, so you should know a thing or two about this.

Unbiased and although I'm a fan of Marchbank, Pruess over any on that list.

That's a very distinct possibility, and it won't get them any closer to a flag. Either the club will embrace the philosophy of rebuilding and bite the bullet, or go down the Collingwood path.

On the other hand, we've drafted better recently and been shrewd with our trading. Our kids are also promising, we could have a breakout season and get that 13-15 wins.... Signs are positive and it really hasn't taken that long to turn things around.
Hey man, hasn't taken that long to turn things around? Really 16 years seems a long time to me.
Agree Carlton is looking it's best in 16 years.
Not all teams do a Carlton or Melbourne length rebuild , and north are definitely not in that position.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back