Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow saints have four too. But apparently saints have accumulated heaps from being terrible & that's why our list looks better. According to your North mate anyway

Higgins pick 11 & Simpkin 12 almost sneak in too ;) I reckon you blokes would have more first rounders than saints tbh.............Edit saints have 5 on list.

Yeah, I know, you buggered up, but stuff a few round pegs in to square holes anyway. That'll bluff 'em!

I reckon you blokes would have more first rounders than saints tbh.

We have 2 top 5 draft picks of which one is a top 3 pick. We have never had a pick 1 player.

LOL at the all these St Kilda types running the Tassie line.

Going by that "logic" Josh muct be super keen to play in New Zealand if St Kilda are in the mix.

It's quality pickings around these parts lately mate.

We've got StKilda folks lecturing us on success, Carlton folks lecturing us on rebuilds, and Richmond folks lecturing us about finals probabilities.

Wow saints have four too. But apparently saints have accumulated heaps from being terrible & that's why our list looks better. According to your North mate anyway

Higgins pick 11 & Simpkin 12 almost sneak in too ;) I reckon you blokes would have more first rounders than saints tbh.

Edit saints have 5 on list, as do North (Ahern, Ziebel, Cunnington, Hanson, McDonald +Higgins p11 & Simpkin p12).
Going with 5? Or do you want to count again?

So who has more top 10 picks in best 22? Counting can be hard at times.

Going with 5? Or do you want to count again?

So who has more top 10 picks in best 22? Counting can be hard at times.

Did you read my post? Maybe read it again.

Best 22 top 10 picks:
North - Ziebel, Cunnington, McDonald
StK - Billings, Longer, Riewoldt

Just quietly, North supporters have a better idea about our list then oppo supporters. We know exactly where we're at.

Strong forwardline
Strong backline
Decent mids, missing Class & Speed

The Class and speed will be addressed by the additions of Kelly & Martin

The following year we have Tarren Thomas and potentially a couple of F/S coming in who will add even more Class.
Wow, with a list as good as you say it is it makes you wonder how you could ever be fighting it out for the wooden spoon.

Did you read my post? Maybe read it again.

Best 22 top 10 picks:
North - Ziebel, Cunnington, McDonald
StK - Billings, Longer, Riewoldt
So Brown and Armitage are not best 22?

You also posted you had 5 on your list. Just scroll up. Lol - read it again!!

Anyway, without getting into stupid discussions about lists and so on, the reality is that Josh Kelly was set to sign a two year extension in January, before - according to media reports, albeit not denied by North - we let his management know we are interested in a long term highly paid deal.

Since then Josh has not re-signed. The new pay deal between the players and the league has come and gone, so it is safe to assume he wasn't waiting for that to finalise details on a deal with GWS.

History shows us that when top shelf players who can command big money put off signing with their current club to the end of the season, it means they are leaving that club. This is even more pronounced when a player may be moving from one state to another.

Since January, and since the shape of the CBA was known, GWS have signed numerous players, but not Kelly.

FWIW multiple sources, independent of each other, have said to me (two of them have also posted here) that about a month ago, Kelly's management entered negotiations with North.

All the sources say that money is not the issue - North have the salary cap room to spare and more. All the sources indicate that the only real sticking point will be North being able to negotiate a trade that will satisfy.

It has also been said by these sources that some of the factors that will be informing Kelly's choice of club are cultural: he doesn't want to be a Big Name player with Footy Show contracts and the like. He's not driven to play for a "big club" with all that entails, both good and bad. It has been said by these sources that he doesn't want to go to a club with a "rat pack" culture. He does however want to return to Melbourne.

I am 100 per cent confident he's not staying at GWS. You can "bookmark that". If he does re-sign, I'll eat my hat.

He may end up going to another Melbourne club, but I'm very very confident he'll be at North.

Also, things that will NOT affect his decision:

- where his Dad played
- which club his mates play for
- whether GWS win the flag or not this year
- perceived media and BF wisdom about "where lists are at"

That he BFNAAK and that we were heavily into him in his draft year, and have been in his ear ever since, no doubt plays a role.

But it by no means we get him for him for unders.

We will pay him absolute top end of his market value. And we will trade fairly with GWS, which means we will be parting with very high quality picks and/or players.

There's been NO suggestion I've seen of St Kilda, Carlton or anyone else having any genuine skin in the game so far, expect salary cap room.

He's 22, not 28. If he were 28, then the idea of immediate onfield success would play a role. At 22 he has a decade plus ahead of him. And footy is more unpredictable than ever, teams rise and fall very quickly.

LOL at the all these St Kilda types running the Tassie line.

Going by that "logic" Josh muct be super keen to play in New Zealand if St Kilda are in the mix.
You understand the difference between one game and the AFL moving towards making North the sole Tassie team that plays multiple games there right?

You understand the difference between one game and the AFL moving towards making North the sole Tassie team that plays multiple games there right?

You do understand the difference between fairies and unicorns?

North play four games a year in Tassie. That's it. Anything else is in your head or Hutchy space filler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armitage certainlg isn't.
You can have brown who went pick 10. What about Higgins at pick 11. This discussion is absolutely point less

Higgins was an RFA!

Keep stretching and it will eventually snap.

Anyway, without getting into stupid discussions about lists and so on, the reality is that Josh Kelly was set to sign a two year extension in January, before - according to media reports, albeit not denied by North - we let his management know we are interested in a long term highly paid deal.

Since then Josh has not re-signed. The new pay deal between the players and the league has come and gone, so it is safe to assume he wasn't waiting for that to finalise details on a deal with GWS.

History shows us that when top shelf players who can command big money put off signing with their current club to the end of the season, it means they are leaving that club. This is even more pronounced when a player may be moving from one state to another.

Since January, and since the shape of the CBA was known, GWS have signed numerous players, but not Kelly.

FWIW multiple sources, independent of each other, have said to me (two of them have also posted here) that about a month ago, Kelly's management entered negotiations with North.

All the sources say that money is not the issue - North have the salary cap room to spare and more. All the sources indicate that the only real sticking point will be North being able to negotiate a trade that will satisfy.

It has also been said by these sources that some of the factors that will be informing Kelly's choice of club are cultural: he doesn't want to be a Big Name player with Footy Show contracts and the like. He's not driven to play for a "big club" with all that entails, both good and bad. It has been said by these sources that he doesn't want to go to a club with a "rat pack" culture. He does however want to return to Melbourne.

I am 100 per cent confident he's not staying at GWS. You can "bookmark that". If he does re-sign, I'll eat my hat.

He may end up going to another Melbourne club, but I'm very very confident he'll be at North.

- where his Dad played

That he BFNAAK and that we were heavily into him in his draft year, and have been in his ear ever since, no doubt plays a role.

We will pay him absolute top end of his market value. And we will trade fairly with GWS, which means we will be parting with very high quality picks and/or players.

There's been NO suggestion I've seen of St Kilda, Carlton or anyone else having any genuine skin in the game so far, expect salary cap room.

He's 22, not 28. If he were 28, then the idea of immediate onfield success would play a role. At 22 he has a decade plus ahead of him. And footy is more unpredictable than ever, teams rise and fall very quickly.

Far too well thought out for this board. Needs more "Norfs".

Also, the "He'll want to win one at GWS" thing is such bullshit.

He's been at GWS four seasons. He has no attachment to the club. He clearly isn't deeply committed to them or he'd have signed by now.

Guys like Shiel and Cameron who were there from the very get go, yeah, I can see why they really want one there.

Also, if Kelly was at the end of his career like Deledio or getting on like Griffen and hadn't won a flag, sure, this is their big chance.

Someone like Ward would want one to even up for the one he left.

Heath Shaw would love one at GWS to stick up Buckley.

Kelly is 22, wasn't there for the "formative years" and his whole career ahead of him.

It isn't like 2017 is his only shot at a flag. That thinking doesn't get mentioned with Devon Smith or Jacob Hopper.

Uh ok. So we aren't including Longer (pick 25 to Brisbane for him after they picked him at 8) nor Brown (free agent just like Higgins). So you have 3, saints have 2 (in best 22).

You are mixing up your discussions. Less clen, more thought.

Armitage certainlg isn't.
You can have brown who went pick 10. What about Higgins at pick 11. This discussion is absolutely point less
So when discussing top ten picks you want to include pick 11? Maybe when discussing premiership teams we include the Saints in 2010? Close and all.

You do understand the difference between fairies and unicorns?

North play four games a year in Tassie. That's it. Anything else is in your head or Hutchy space filler.
Lol

You do know what multiple means right?

FMD is there a North supporter out there that can explain to old mate here the difference between one game and multiple games and how 4 > a singular game I.e. 1

Why are the tigers disrespecting Dusty?
They know h

- where his Dad played

Well reasoned.
What sort of money is "top end of his market value" do you think or have any perceived ideas. I've seen media "reports" of supposed offer. Is that close to the mark, leaked by your club (dunno why) or his manager? Or just media click bait?

Well that explains the 11 wins and 4 losses this year

:rolleyes:

4 wins and 11 losses this year.

- 5 losses under a kick
- Only a 109 point total season points differential
- 9 new players blooded
- 7 debutantes

We will bounce back in half the time it takes StKilda to nudge back towards the finals. HALF!

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back