Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes:

4 wins and 11 losses this year.

- 5 losses under a kick
- Only a 109 point total season points differential
- 9 new players blooded
- 7 debutantes

We will bounce back in half the time it takes StKilda to nudge back towards the finals. HALF!
it is looking grim for north i agree, you know your in trouble when jarrad waite is your best player

:rolleyes:

4 wins and 11 losses this year.

- 5 losses under a kick
- Only a 109 point total season points differential
- 9 new players blooded
- 7 debutantes

We will bounce back in half the time it takes StKilda to nudge back towards the finals. HALF!
I don't think you realise how hard it is to rebuild these days. Speak to any clubs supporters who've done it and they'll tell you it's not like 15 years ago where you just sat on the bottom of the ladder for a while, collected some priority picks, hit the draft and then you're back

The landscape has just changed so much now with FA and the change in the draft with academies and the introduction of two more teams

I don't think you realise how hard it is to rebuild these days. Speak to any clubs supporters who've done it and they'll tell you it's not like 15 years ago where you just sat on the bottom of the ladder for a while, collected some priority picks, hit the draft and then you're back

The landscape has just changed so much now with FA and the change in the draft with academies and the introduction of two more teams

What do you think it was that we were doing between 2010 and 2013?

Lol

You do know what multiple means right?

FMD is there a North supporter out there that can explain to old mate here the difference between one game and multiple games and how 4 > a singular game I.e. 1

Your orifinal post talked about the AFL moving towards North being the sole team in tassie as if some sort of relocation was on the cards, and that somehow affecting Kelly's decision.

Neither of those things is happening.

Also, the "He'll want to win one at GWS" thing is such bullshit.

He's been at GWS four seasons. He has no attachment to the club. He clearly isn't deeply committed to them or he'd have signed by now.

Guys like Shiel and Cameron who were there from the very get go, yeah, I can see why they really want one there.

Also, if Kelly was at the end of his career like Deledio or getting on like Griffen and hadn't won a flag, sure, this is their big chance.

Someone like Ward would want one to even up for the one he left.

Heath Shaw would love one at GWS to stick up Buckley.

Kelly is 22, wasn't there for the "formative years" and his whole career ahead of him.

It isn't like 2017 is his only shot at a flag. That thinking doesn't get mentioned with Devon Smith or Jacob Hopper.

LOL yep has no emotional attachment to the club, but it took the club he followed as a kid to offer an over the mil a year for 9 year contract to get him to possibly move on.

If he had no attachment he would of left before this year and it wouldn't of taken a contract size and length like that to get him there.

My feeling is he is gone, but knock off that rubbish.

LOL yep has no emotional attachment to the club, but it took the club he followed as a kid to offer an over the mil a year for 9 year contract to get him to possibly move on.

If he had no attachment he would of left before this year and it wouldn't of taken a contract size and length like that to get him there.

He's being offered a big contract because that is his worth. If GWS don't want to pay his worth North will.

He's being offered a big contract because that is his worth. If GWS don't want to pay his worth North will.
No doubt North think that. The largest deal pretty much of all time.

And thats fine. Good luck to them.

But it took that deal to get him there.

So can we end the no attachment to Giants, always wanted to be at North garbage. As it clearly isnt the truth.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well reasoned.
What sort of money is "top end of his market value" do you think or have any perceived ideas. I've seen media "reports" of supposed offer. Is that close to the mark, leaked by your club (dunno why) or his manager? Or just media click bait?

I reckon a mil to one point two a year. Obviously they'll write into the deal stuff that it can be renegotiated next time the CBA is worked out.

The main thing is the security of the longevity of the deal. By all accounts Kelly is pretty level headed. He'd know that one injury could cost him his career.

If someone is guaranteeing you ten million bucks, you're mad not to take it.

Look at Jaeger O'Meara. Could have named his price three years ago - in fact is the perfect comparison to Kelly- and now there's every chance he'll be a unable to play at 27.

What do you think it was that we were doing between 2010 and 2013?
You didn't even make a GF FFS let alone win a flag

You punched above your weight and got to some prelims. With talent acquired before then

The game has changed mate. It's not as easy as you think

So can we end the no attachment to Giants, always wanted to be at North garbage. As it clearly isnt the truth.

Yeah I wouldn't suggest he doesn't have any attachments to GWS. It would be as silly as suggesting that his father playing for North has nothing to do with his decision.

Your orifinal post talked about the AFL moving towards North being the sole team in tassie as if some sort of relocation was on the cards, and that somehow affecting Kelly's decision.

Neither of those things is happening.
Mate it's not my fault your comprehension is poor. Re-read my post... looks like those fairies must be real after all

I reckon a mil to one point two a year. Obviously they'll write into the deal stuff that it can be renegotiated next time the CBA is worked out.

The main thing is the security of the longevity of the deal. By all accounts Kelly is pretty level headed. He'd know that one injury could cost him his career.

If someone is guaranteeing you ten million bucks, you're mad not to take it.

Look at Jaeger O'Meara. Could have named his price three years ago - in fact is the perfect comparison to Kelly- and now there's every chance he'll be a unable to play at 27.
Josh doesn't have to look that far, Phil's career ended at age 28 because of injury.
Although if you believe Josh, he hasn't spoken to his old man about any of this..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I keep saying, that he BFNAAK doesn't mean we get him cheap.

You're the one saying that.

I'm saying he's been at a club four years. He was a high draft pick, not like you guys took a punt on him when all the other clubs had written him off.

Not like you stood by him over four knee recos.

He isn't a foundation player like Shiel.

He's leaving for a variety of reasons, one being GWS unwillingness to pay him what h is worth.

If he did have any attachment to GWS he'd stay for unders to win the flag. Like Geelong and Hawthorn guys did.

And he would have said as much when he signed months ago

He didn't have a choice about where he plays.

Now he does and guess what, it isn't GWS.

As I keep saying, that he BFNAAK doesn't mean we get him cheap.

You're the one saying that.

I'm saying he's been at a club four years. He was a high draft pick, not like you guys took a punt on him when all the other clubs had written him off.

Not like you stood by him over four knee recos.

He isn't a foundation player like Shiel.

He's leaving for a variety of reasons, one being GWS unwillingness to pay him what h is worth.

If he did have any attachment to GWS he'd stay for unders to win the flag. Like Geelong and Hawthorn guys did.

And he would have said as much when he signed months ago

Actually North fans been saying it all thread.

He has been at the club his whole career and he was about to stay. Until 1 of the biggest deals of all time.

Supposedly he has been grappling with staying for months prev but no doubt no way could he knock that contract back.

He is leaving because basically he has been offered a deal to set him up for life with 1 of the biggest deals of all time. No more no less. Good luck to him.
Hope the roos dont put the pressure on him to much because of it expecting hin win the whole thong on his own.
He is a good kid.

I saw 7 pages of new 'info' on this thread and thought something had happened.....

The question i ask myself is why i keep coming back.

I want that 20 mins of my life back. I suspect i would waste it again anyways

Yeah I wouldn't suggest he doesn't have any attachments to GWS. It would be as silly as suggesting that his father playing for North has nothing to do with his decision.

I don't believe Josh wants come to North because Phil played for us.

Lol yep. Though its almost the biggest deal in the history of the game to get him down there.

It will be the biggest deal until next year.

And as we have seen, plenty of other Melbourne clubs will match it.

Actually North fans been saying it all thread.

I'm not saying it.

Also, his whole career. Four years. This isn't Ablett to Gold Coast or Barassi to Carlton.

I honestly thought GWS fans would have accepted this happens now after Treloar and so on.

Though i suppose that's easier to rationalise than a bloke who is better than anyone to leave so far wanting to go to poor old North

I'm not saying it.

Also, his whole career. Four years. This isn't Ablett to Gold Coast or Barassi to Carlton.

I honestly thought GWS fans would have accepted this happens now after Treloar and so on.

Though i suppose that's easier to rationalise than a bloke who is better than anyone to leave so far wanting to go to poor old North

Im fine with it. He has been offered 1 of the biggest deals of all time to get him there. Would be nuts to turn it down.
He was about to sign for much less with us.
So dont blame him at all for taking it if he does.

Any North supporters think his fathers club and club he barracked for is why he DEFINITIVELY will go to North??

Wouldn't want others making up stories to suit their argument.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back