Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Being dropped is not the reason he'd leave.

Being somewhere you don't want to be with no faith it's going to get better would be a reason to leave.

Let's hope we're doing whatever we can to keep him out of that headspace.

Oh wait.
And other clubs can smell it so they go hard to get the player out. You invite them in. That also then can trigger a re-think in Josh..

And yeah it doesn't matter he's contracted.. not due to the trade part but once a guy is not happy.. it's like saying we're married so it doesn't matter what I do now.

Imagine Ginnivan, Weddle etc contacting and wooing Rash to sell him how things are there to get him the hell out.. hmm nah I'd prefer to have Loopy-kick Laird shit on me in the public space and cutting celebrations back (which he said in an interview this year he was doing, undoubtedly pushed onto him)

Surprised its taken him so long to sink the boots in

Opinion​

Scandals, a derailed rebuild and questionable drafting: Unpacking a seven-year AFL slide​

Kane Cornes

Firey Kane Cornes

AFL columnist
August 22, 2024 — 12.06pm

The Adelaide Football Club has been in disarray since the national anthem was sung before the opening bounce of the 2017 grand final.
It was during the anthem that the Crows adopted a “power stance”. The mind games backfired badly.
The Crows will be spectators in September again this year.

The Crows will be spectators in September again this year.Credit:Getty Images/Aresna Villanueva
As minor premiers, premiership favourites and the best team that season, the Crows failed on the

Well he can't really sink the boot in when we've beaten them the last 3 showdowns. Look at him now, they finally win 1. Plus the whole Hinkley tredrea straight sets exits talk, He's just bided his time. I'm not in denial about the fact we have problems, and I want nicks gone, but listening to Kane Cornes fake concern trolling is equally silly. He'll say anything to keep him relevant for another week.

Why do we pretend we're some sort of higher-standard club?

We're elite at junior player punishments. What I enjoy is posters that then bleat when players aren't held to the same standards at other clubs as they see with ours. "It's bull$h!t, why is Stengle playing this week, something stinks at Geelong, their culture sucks". No clue, just no clue at all.

The other thing you gotta figure out about players is whether they respond to the carrot or the stick.

To me, Rachele very much looks like the former.

Now, that doesn’t mean you let him get away with whatever the f*ck he wants, but it means you’ve gotta handle him a certain way to get the best out of him.

A wise head has to really put the time into this kid. It’s the only way he’s going to get better.

The AFC is renowned for completely f*cking up these delicate situations.
We are giving him the carrot alright, right up the backside.

I genuinely cannot believe this. We have come no where since the camp.

Really? The same culture drivers of the club remained. Chappy hand picked a replacement, Roo is still the footy go to man on the board, we employed a totally incompetent half moron as head of footy and a culture inhaler as CEO. It's totally unsurprising that absolutely nothing has changed.

The other thing you gotta figure out about players is whether they respond to the carrot or the stick.

To me, Rachele very much looks like the former.

Now, that doesn’t mean you let him get away with whatever the f*ck he wants, but it means you’ve gotta handle him a certain way to get the best out of him.

A wise head has to really put the time into this kid. It’s the only way he’s going to get better.

The AFC is renowned for completely f*cking up these delicate situations.
Good coaches and teams always know and they talk about knowing how to deal with and manage each player individually.

The AFC:

square-peg-round-hole-gif.gif.gif

I wish Rowie was on 5AA this week, I feel like he would go nuts tonight about all of this. Instead we will get Campo on their justifying the decision.
Campo on 5AA puzzled as to why you'd leave him out for the last game if it's disciplinary reasons given you could address it with him at his 2024 exit interview.

Andrew Jarman and Vince towing the club line on triple M saying he's not mature enough for this league and needs to play SANFL this week

I would 100% guarantee that Roo has fed them that narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campo on 5AA puzzled as to why you'd leave him out for the last game if it's disciplinary reasons given you could address it with him at his 2024 exit interview.

Why not drop him for the game his alleged offences occurred prior to? Why wait a week if they are so unbecoming?

Would we be having this conversation at all if we won?
Was his tooth celebration the straw that broke the Camels back, or was it that we choked?

These questions and more, in next week's episode of'- How to royally Roger a rebuilding football club.

Why not drop him for the game his alleged offences occurred prior to? Why wait a week if they are so unbecoming?

Would we be having this conversation at all if we won?
Was his tooth celebration the straw that broke the Camels back, or was it that we choked?

These questions and more, in next week's episode of'- How to royally Roger a rebuilding football club.
Because we wanted to win and know he's a talented player who can kick goals and win a game off their own boot

Andrew Jarman and Vince towing the club line on triple M saying he's not mature enough for this league and needs to play SANFL this week
Andrew Jarman who famously refused to play in his final year...

Ok last article…

The reasons why Josh Rachele has been dropped by the Crows for round 24 clash with Sydney
Adelaide is adamant its decision to drop Josh Rachele is not motivated by political correctness. And his recent numbers read well. So, what is it? MATT TURNER Has the answer.
Matt Turner
Matt Turner
Follow
@mattturner1986
2 min read
August 22, 2024 - 3:55PM

putting himself ahead of the team is a key reason behind Josh Rachele’s surprise omission.
Rachele is set to be dropped for the Crows’ last game of the season on the back of his Showdown celebration mocking Port Adelaide fans.

After Rachele joked Power supporters “don’t have many teeth” in his weekly radio spot leading up to the match, Adelaide was understood to have told the 21-year-old to focus on the game and not incite the crowd.

Running towards Port fans pointing to his teeth when he kicked a brilliant second-quarter goal was viewed internally as ignoring instructions and being yet another case of the small forward going against what was best for the side.

The Crows believed Rachele, who did not fully commit to a crucial 50-50 contest in the centre of the ground last Saturday night, needed to become more team-first.

They are adamant their decision is not motivated by political correctness over the Victorian’s radio comments and his axing has been on the radar for a while.

Form was part of Adelaide’s reasoning despite Champion Data player ratings ranking Rachele sixth among general forwards over the past five games.

Just three weeks ago, Crows coach Matthew Nicks described the game against Geelong Rachele’s best for the club.

The Shepparton product backed that up with two goals from 10 disposals in Adelaide’s home win over the Western Bulldogs, before his quieter 10-touch, one-major, two-tackle performance last Saturday night.

Rachele is one of just six players across competition to average at least goals, one score assist and six score involvements over the past five weeks.

Josh Rachele says Port Adelaide fans have no teeth
Continue watching
Click to unmute
He ranks first at the Crows and equal-19th in the AFL this year for goal assists with 18, as well as third at the club for majors with 30.

While Adelaide had weighed up dropping him earlier this season, Rachele had played every game this year.

He told this masthead last week he felt his form had improved since the bye on the back of improving his defending and playing closer to goals.

Adelaide is mindful Rachele – the club’s sixth pick in the 2021 national draft – is still young and learning.

He is contracted to the Crows until the end of 2029 and they are expected to knock back any rivals that come calling at season’s end.

not mature enough says BERNIE VINCE and ANDREW JARMAN!?

Article apparently going to be in the Advertiser.. club says he's dropped for putting himself ahead of his team and was on the cards for a few weeks to be dropped.

You mean after the Geelong game maybe when Nicks said it was probably his best game?

Nothing to do with this week people, was always on the cards. 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back