Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been a member for several years because of some family health reasons.

Had been a member since 1992. Went on the cheer squad bus to Melbourne as a teenager. Went to several away games with my family as well as nearly all home games.
When living overseas for 8 years from 2001, I still paid for the membership every year, and let my brother in law go to the games.

When we came back, I started going again.

In recent years I have also paid for memberships to be donated for charity.

I'm 48 years old now, and rarely seem to get much joy from the club any more. These idiots have run it into the ground.
Serious question for you though. This is not about the club or how it’s run. Compared to say your 20’s how emotionally invested are you these days? I’ve been a silver seated member since 98. About 6 years ago something changed. I went from never missing a game ever to “if nothing else is on” I’ll go to the footy. I’m around the same age, and was wondering did priorities in life change for you also?

Question, why do people think "it was a leadership group decision" is at all better then it being a Nicks decision?

Isn't that infinitely worse? Just a confirmation of the maddening fact we all already know. That the senior players have way too much say in the selection of this team. And anyone who isn't a complete Crowbot is under threat of being dropped (and apparently thrown under the bus).

TBH Nicks being totally incompetent is the lesser of 2 evils in that scenario. You can fire a coach, but you can't fire a rotten system.

It always is Nicks decision. The leadership group get a say. For all we know, the leadership group tried to talk to Rachele privately, maybe he gave some feedback of his own. Hard to respect some of the players in that group. Some finished, some useless.

I mean frankly there are some very average players in that leadership group who really shouldnt be telling others what to do. Smith, Fogarty and Murphy are 3 examples of players who need to worry about themselves.

"Body of work?"

As in, kicking 30 goals as a small forward, winning a game off his own boot a month ago, and playing "the best game of his career" a fortnight ago?

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Must admit I was feeling really positive after the Western Bulldogs game but then back to earth with a thud. This club really knows how to kick the supporters in the guts with its "rinse and repeat" mistreatment of promising youngsters. We, unlike those running this shit how, know that at the end of the day it's all about talent.

I said a while back that Rachele needed to be dealt with, and some of you bastards jumped on me from a great height (I forgive all of you except skam85 )

This club has a habit of letting things get way out of hand and then coming in with the WRONG solution.

Rachele is an uncut diamond, he needs mentoring, he’s clearly not getting what he needs.

Same way Stengle wasn’t.

A public humiliation isn’t what he needs. Proper mentoring and guidance is what he needs.

It’s what Stengle needed.

He got it somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a "body of work" issue now, quick pivot excuse leaked out.

LOL - body of work. How come them Murphy starts every week when his body of work is below average. That just completely blows apart that bullsh** rubbish from the club. A journalist worth his alt might ask exactly that, how come Murphy stayed ion the side and on the field every week when he was getting less than 10 touches a game regularly and not impacting the scoreboard AND he is supposed to be a leader as he is in the leadership group? how do you justify that? I'd like to hear it from Nicks' mouth

Dropping Rachele for disappearing from the game in the second half would have been way more rational than the "Body of Work" argument.
I mean that would also mean admitting the form of a certain someone in the leadership group who has had one disposal in either the third or fourth quarter in his last six of his last seven games, including a whopping zero touches against the saints in round 18, with that only other one game being where he got two touches in the third. I mean, "body of work", right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back