Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Has this already been posted?

Its a huge relief to know Rach still loves the club, but unsurprisingly Nicks contradicts himself with his actions as opposed to his forked tongue saying "we love his energy, we love his enthusiasm, he brings an incredible passion to our group"....but yeah, lets ****ing knock that shit right out of him by teaching him a lesson for being that way:mad:

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 12.35.45 PM.png

This is a bit settling, at least

I know it could just be a script they gave to him but I’ll try to be optimistic
Honestly, Rachele isn't the type of player to follow "script". I thought the pointing to the teeth was funny as but if he broke a promise to the playing group and has own up to it and want to move on then he will do this, he has proven to be mentally strong given he still had an excellent season despite the media attention.

I thought the pointing to the teeth was funny as but if he broke a promise to the playing group and has own up to it and want to move on then he will do this …
If that’s the reason for his omission from the side:

A. Why can’t Nicks just clearly state that instead of denying it and giving an incoherent explanation (ironically, to provide “clarity”) that puts even more pressure on Rachele?

B. Why don’t the playing group face criticism for making such a feeble request?

It just sounds as though Rachele is being made to wear responsibility for both the unhinged reactions by Port fans at the game and the fact the team fell apart after Rankine went down.

Again, if we’d won, what are the odds of similar action being taken, given all of the same circumstances would have still been relevant (the joke and the subsequent goal celebration)?

It’s all nonsense and scrambling to provide some veneer of legitimacy to boneheaded, knee jerk decisions.

So no one there from the club to support him as he speaks to the media? Had to do it by himself again? There's no senior player that's taken him under their wing this week to better show and explain what they are wanting from him?
Because it wasn't "scripted", Rachele wanted to have his say with the others on their flight to Sydney?

My first thought too. Love how every time he needs to front the media and defend himself he's wheeled out to do it on his own. Same thing happened when he "had to" front the media and take responsibility for shirking against Essendon.

From the leadership group we've got Smith and Milera still in SA, even ex-captain Sloane is still here in some capacity. Someone alongside him to show he has the club's support wouldn't kill them.
The excuse was "he got door stopped" like it's a fantastical surprise reporters would be camped outside West Lakes this morning.

So even if you don't have a Godden/Wright/Magden arrive with him at the club, you tell Rachele don't answer questions, we'll send you back out after training once some backup arrives.

So why exactly do supporters need to know every conversation that goes on …. do you want a camera with a live feed ?

There are some things which deserve to be private ….. unless your happy with a live feed into your workplace
Mate, the club has made it public all week. It's the way they have always controlled the narrative.

Disappointing that Jase Kemp didn't use the term "break his silence".

Along with “embattled” and “amid rumours”

Just about anything sounds plausible if you include all those in a sentence.

Embattled Adelaide forum posters Samcro24 and skam85 have broken their silence amid rumours they’re more than just friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rash liked a comment I left on his instagram. I suggest everyone get in there and back him as our shitty club can’t.

**** Rory laird. Maybe start trending that on twitter it something.
Did you accidentally get trolled?
1724385688426.png

Hang on a moment

Rachele says he was dropped for not "prioritizing others"

So he can't have been dropped for not attacking contests hard enough, because that has nothing to do with prioritizing others

The only obvious actions he made last week that weren't necessarily prioritizing others were the public comments and celebrations which Nicks claimed weren't the reason he was dropped

:think:

Imagine hanging out a bloke to dry, dropping him and then making him front the cameras to fake a smile because the supporter base are angry.

I thought our humiliation of Curtin was bad but this is something else.

Both lads need to get out of this rotten, gaslighting club asap.

You know, it would be a lot easier to understand what is going on if they actually told us, rather than talking in circles around the issue. Rachele is apparently super clear about it all, shame none of us supporters are allowed to be.
The supporter experience would have been very different if the dropping and Nicks/Rash presser order was reversed. I feel a little better but still shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back