Judd to dees - J.Frawley to saints for pick 9 and picks 4, 9 and 21 to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
4 9 and 21. Royal Flush. They win
And now who do we pick at 1 and 3..

Hope we take Cotchin and Palmer or the big Kreuz!!
Trade Bower for Nickoski
Trade Russell for Symes
Trade pick 20 for Prismall from the Cats
Trade pick 36 for Meeson or get him the PS

Bring on next season!!

Could have beaten that if we wanted but it would have had an impact somewhere down the track. Happy for the Dees to get him.

Is Frawley worth pick 9?
Went pick 13 in the 2006 superdraft so guess pick 9 in the weaker 2007 draft is not a bad deal.

Went pick 13 in the 2006 superdraft so guess pick 9 in the weaker 2007 draft is not a bad deal.
I understand that but we are being told that Josh Kennedy isn't worth anything at all. A KPP 20 years old, taken at #4.

Our big offer seemed to be #3, #20 and Kennedy but it wasn't good enough. Now they may be taking #4, #9, #21 instead.

Well our picks are one higher and #3 has much more value than #4 if the Eagles have a player in mind. Based on that ... Kennedy + upgrading two picks is not considered as good as #9. I think that is ridiculous.

Quite simply, Carlton were not going to be in the picture unless we got reemed for Pick 1 and/or Fevola or an established gun. The fact that we had all the ammunition counts against us because we weren't willing to use it, while the others in contention didn't have the picks to begin with so they are looked upon more favourably for giving them all up.

Screw them, I wasn't looking forward to being anyones bitch in this trade.

Well, good luck to them. That is a huge price to pay for Judd. Just massive. I'm kinda glad we're not involved now. :)
You think? They have lost #4, #21 and Frawley. Fair to middling price to pay. The bigger impact will be in the salary cap down the track.

Brian Taylor: Hey Chris I'm Brian Taylor
Chris Judd: Who?
Brian Taylor: Brian Taylor. I'm a C-Grade media commentator, former G-Grade Collingwood hack footballer and assistant coach at one of the clubs interested in you.
Brian Taylor: So I heard your going to Melbourne. Probably for 4 and 21. Yeah they'll probably need another top 10 pick so they'll trade a youngster to the Saints for pick 9. Who'd they pick last year again? Oh yeah Danny's nephew. The saints are sure to be interested in him. They always select players based on their last names. Pick 9 it is. Thanks Chris!
*Brian wobbles away and Rebecca appears*
Rebecca: Who were you talking to Chris?
Chris: I have no idea.

You think? They have lost #4, #21 and Frawley. Fair to middling price to pay. The bigger impact will be in the salary cap down the track.

The Dees have this year lost top 5 draft pick, and last years top superdraft pick, and won't be participating in the draft until round 3 this year. That is a pretty big comittment. The Dees have some good young players, but not that many. In terms of high quality they have Mclean and Jones, but the rest are middle of the road and may or may not progress. They also have a lot of players approaching retirement without any clear replacements, especially the ruck and forwardline. They really needed those picks to plug up some holes. Anyway, I guess we'll know in a few years time. While Judd would have been great at the Blues, I was always worried about the cost. Picks #3, Walker and #20 was way too high IMO. I'm happy that we've kepy our picks and can now continue the rebuilding, that really only started a few years ago when we were allowed back in the draft. :)

Brian Taylor: Brian Taylor. I'm a C-Grade media commentator, former G-Grade Collingwood hack footballer and assistant coach at one of the clubs interested in you.
Brian Taylor: So I heard your going to Melbourne. Probably for 4 and 21. Yeah they'll probably need another top 10 pick so they'll trade a youngster to the Saints for pick 9. Who'd they pick last year again? Oh yeah Danny's nephew. The saints are sure to be interested in him. They always select players based on their last names. Pick 9 it is. Thanks Chris!
Absolute GOLD!!Hats off. I agree,when has Taylor had his finger on the pulse?
Long days and happy nights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still.. A lot of things can change between now and Oct2nd..Saints may reneg and want more from Melbourne...Also, Brian Taylor did say it was going to be announced tonight, but it wasn't..so something may have come up??
Judd might still be a Blue..
However, I'm happy keeping our picks...Our success may not happen as quick if we had Judd, but it will be more rewarding ..And Kennedy will be a Star!! He'll move forward, when everyone infront of him gets bigger and stronger as well and the team grows, so will he!!

Why was i expecting a different ending when Rebecca arrived:p

Well, good luck to them. That is a huge price to pay for Judd. Just massive. I'm kinda glad we're not involved now. :)

:D.... me too - the price Melb will pay for this is huge....one good player does not make a side - it will help but wont change the team too much.

I would be happy if it is Melbourne as I think this will have minimum impact compared to having him in the Blues or Pies teams. Wonderful news I say. :thumbsu:

Bad thing for West Coast is that they will not get any of the top rated kids in the Draft. Not sure they will be happy with that but hey the other 2 teams at the bottom will be very very happy! :p

I understand that but we are being told that Josh Kennedy isn't worth anything at all. A KPP 20 years old, taken at #4.

Our big offer seemed to be #3, #20 and Kennedy but it wasn't good enough. Now they may be taking #4, #9, #21 instead.

Well our picks are one higher and #3 has much more value than #4 if the Eagles have a player in mind. Based on that ... Kennedy + upgrading two picks is not considered as good as #9. I think that is ridiculous.

That's considering if we offered up picks 3, 20 and Kennedy for Judd. TBH, I'd be very surprised if we did. A player drafted as our future CHF, pick 20 + the third best player in the draft - too much to pay for a midfielder, I would have thought, as good as Judd is. We were risking potentially 350+ games between Kennedy and pick 3, (without considering the more speculative pick 20) for 150 games from Judd - considering the rarity of talented KPP with the presence that Kennedy will have when he fills out, I'm very happy we kept him.

I still maintain that if we were going to trade, our best option would have (or would be, if this is all BS) to trade Brad Fisher + pick 3.

Kreuzer and Cotchin.:thumbsu:

I'd be happy if Judd went to the dees,...:cool:

Fcuk, would I hate to see him at the filth or scum:thumbsdown:

Absolutely, I hate to see the havoc he could create at the Pies or the Dons (maybe not the Dons with their E Grade coach). Melbourne is a nice choice because it will make them competitive without being a flag threat!

Yeah I know the Deeees beat us twice this year, both games were who could give a rats a**e about the results games.

Kreuzer and Cotchin.:thumbsu:

I'd be happy if Judd went to the dees,...:cool:

Fcuk, would I hate to see him at the filth or scum:thumbsdown:

Yeah, not a bad outcome. The Dees were never going to become successful, and they look like they've paid a massive price in terms of their list management. I'm delighted we've managed to keep all our top draft picks. Having #1 and #3 this year is fantastic. :)

West Coast have struck gold on this deal
Saints have Got a great player
Melbourne have lucked out in terms of list management

Completely agree.:thumbsu: I never thought the Dees stood a chance against the Blues,Pies,bombers but they look to have him. Alot for them to give up considering long term list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd to dees - J.Frawley to saints for pick 9 and picks 4, 9 and 21 to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back