Judd to dees - J.Frawley to saints for pick 9 and picks 4, 9 and 21 to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

nearly as sad as the Blues throwing everything they have in desperation - its certainly not the Tigers looking like gooses here ..... the funniest part is that if a deal is not done then he goes to the Tigers anyway - unless the desperates want to deal! ;)

Oh we're throwing everything ...yet refuse to trade pick one or Fevola? erm. If you say so :rolleyes:

Oh and good luck if you manage to pick up a player who has shown no interest in playing for your club :)

Can you explain why Barry Brooks was traded from Port to Saints 3-4yrs ago after 1yr?

Got a link for the rules? There might be a clause saying a player can leave after 1yr if he agrees to it?

Yep that is the case, you could even sign a contract to day and be traded in trade week if you are in agreeance with it. The rule is only in place to stop clubs from forcing a trade upon a reluctant player.

...its certainly not the Tigers looking like gooses here .....

Well, it's just a little sad when I hear the Tiges officials in the media continually saying they have been talking to Judd's manager, and yet he still refuses to talk with them. The reason of course is that your Club is a complete basket case with a list in tatters, 28 years of consecutive failure and still sitting solid bottom. No hope, no future plus a tradition of the ugly Richmond culture of supporters turning on their coach and players. It ain't exactly appealing I guess. :)

Can you explain why Barry Brooks was traded from Port to Saints 3-4yrs ago after 1yr?

Got a link for the rules? There might be a clause saying a player can leave after 1yr if he agrees to it?
He was drafted 2001, and traded in 2002.

Its possible that if all parties agree then it could be done.........but its also possible the rules have changed since then.

My impression was in the wake of the "Veale" deal, in which a second year player (yet to play a senior game) was traded against his will to the Dogs for their first round pick and a player...........to allow Jade Rawlings to go into the PSD....

Anyway after this they changed a lot of rule regarding trading of players........but yes, if they are in agreement then it may still be able to be done.

Well, it's just a little sad when I hear the Tiges officials in the media continually saying they have been talking to Judd's manager, and yet he still refuses to talk with them. The reason of course is that your Club is a complete basket case with a list in tatters, 28 years of consecutive failure and still sitting solid bottom. No hope, no future plus a tradition of the ugly Richmond culture of supporters turning on their coach and players. It ain't exactly appealing I guess. :)

..... hehehe - this will be the last post I make here as I really dont like to be in tanker territory.

... well you must be much better informed of the Tigers goings on than us supporters are Parrot - you seem to know a lot more about what is going on there than we do thats for sure.

Quite the contrary to what you have said Parrot, the Tigers have stated outright that they were not interested in chasing Judd unless he was on offer in the PSD - then we would maybe consider? You must have a secret interest in the Tigers there Parrot, to know details that none of us do? ;)

We at least admit our club is in tatters. The Blues have had quite a few early draft selections in recent years yet dont seem to be on the ladder rise at all in fact you still found a way to the bottom AGAIN! Thats is not what I call progress :thumbsu:

------------------------------------------------------
those that live in glass houses should not throw stones!

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Tiges actually finished bottom this year, and were awarded the Wooded Spoon. They also missed the #1 pick as well, just to add salt to the wounds. :)

yes we lost the #1 pick to a team that has done very very bad for 2 years in a row and more in need of a charity selection to get them back up the ladder. If we want to talk about adding salt to injury as you so delicately put it ..... the Blues if my memory serves me correctly, suffered a far worse indignity of being caught cheating some years ago. At least we do not have that hanging over our heads! Ciao :p

He was drafted 2001, and traded in 2002.

Its possible that if all parties agree then it could be done.........but its also possible the rules have changed since then.

My impression was in the wake of the "Veale" deal, in which a second year player (yet to play a senior game) was traded against his will to the Dogs for their first round pick and a player...........to allow Jade Rawlings to go into the PSD....

Anyway after this they changed a lot of rule regarding trading of players........but yes, if they are in agreement then it may still be able to be done.

Technically if a player is under contract the club cant make him leave anyway. Just like a player cant force a club to trade him if he is under contract.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Tiges actually finished bottom this year, and were awarded the Wooded Spoon. They also missed the #1 pick as well, just to add salt to the wounds. :)

oh - I forgot to ask - how many WOODEN SPOONS have the Blues won in the last 5 years?

Technically if a player is under contract the club cant make him leave anyway. Just like a player cant force a club to trade him if he is under contract.
Are you sure?

Veale was under contract and traded against his will.

Unable to find anything regarding the trading rules. Do you have any sources?

I suppose the club says "You won't get a game so if you want to play then you should take the trade".

..... hehehe - this will be the last post I make here as I really dont like to be in tanker territory.

I think it is a good idea that you run along as well.
You need to go back to the area where losing isn't about tanking.. it is about your whole culture...

The "almighty" tigers...

I wonder if your wonderful record is why Judd had no interest??

Since the tigers last played in a Grand Final they have been a real powerhouse club...

Home and Away
Seasons: 25
Games:550
Won: 211
Drawn: 2
Lost: 337

Winning %: 38.36 (over 25 years!!!!)
Average games per year won: 8.44!!

Finals
Campaigns: 2 :)eek:)
Played: 6
Won: 2
Lost: 4
Winning %: 33.33

Yes you are right you do not belong here...

Carlton has been terrible in the years 200* but still we have had more finals campaigns than Richmond and played in more finals... This is in the single darkest era of the Carlton Football Club...

Yes I am sure Richmond had the luxury of saying "no" to Chris Judd..
I am guessing you could not find room for him in your 22...

Seriously you should just shut up in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure most of you watched the Ch 7 News:

Reported Melbourne have put up the following for consideration:

Pick 4 ND - WC
2nd Round ND- WC
Travis Johnston to Sydney in exchange for Pick 11 - WC

Judd - Melbourne

IMO in this draft Pick 3 and Kennedy trumps that. The Top 3 are a level above the rest and once you get to the 2nd round it will be very hit and miss.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe - seems nerves have been well and truly struck here. Two more spoons for us hey Parrot - then we may equal your latest efforts! 9th is a lot higher than your team have seen in a very long time and if this year is any indication, for many years to come!

Lets see if the Blues are all that and can attract Judd - what excuses will you use if that doesnt happen - that you didnt want him? Like right! "whatever!"

My job is complete .... with one last comment - how many flags did you win as a re**** of your cheating? That is something to be very very proud of indeed ..... we cant top that one ... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

no more - promise - I will leave this thread to the real Blues fans. I get enough about the Blues at home so I dont need to be caught up in it here too. Off to the Tigers posts - cya all .... and in all seriousness - good luck in 2008! :)

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe - seems nerves have been well and truly struck here. Two more spoons for us hey Parrot - then we may equal your latest efforts! 9th is a lot higher than your team have seen in a very long time and if this year is any indication, for many years to come!

Lets see if the Blues are all that and can attract Judd - what excuses will you use if that doesnt happen - that you didnt want him? Like right! "whatever!"

My job is complete .... with one last comment - how many flags did you win as a re**** of your cheating? That is something to be very very proud of indeed ..... we cant top that one ... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just like to add something: only a Richmond supporter would brag about finishing 9th. This is the culture you and your supporters have developed and it has infected your team for the last 25+ years. There is only one prize and Carlton is working on winning that in the future, while your team tries to rationalize it's lack of success by saying "near enough is good enough"!
Go back to your board where the "tooth to tatt" ratio is a little more comfortable for you.

And as for the swipe about the Salary Cap: the AFL investigated the years we won the Flag and found nothing was out of the ordinary. Also, have you ever heard of the saying "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house".

Good to see some spunk from a Richmond fan - I thought it had all dissipated with your 25 years of nothingness. I encourage you to keep it up, and deny all knowledge about being the woeful, spineless, future-less team that you are.

If we lose Judd you have to accept it - we never had him in the first place. If he chooses elsewhere then so be it, we'll just need to move on with the top picks.

And as for this Carlton-cheating conspiracy that only lives on BigFooty, check the facts. We were done over, good & proper, and have suffered the penalty. While no one actually asks for the amount we were over (miniscule), a number of clubs were penalised in the 1990's. From the records we were not penalised / found guilty about 1995. Even if you strike out the entire 1990's we're still 5 premierships ahead of that floatsam of a club you barrack for.

Are you sure?

Veale was under contract and traded against his will.

Unable to find anything regarding the trading rules. Do you have any sources?

I suppose the club says "You won't get a game so if you want to play then you should take the trade".

Nup, I dont have a source.

Veale wasnt forced to be traded, he was just pushed, he could have said no if he wanted. He either wanted to go in the end or his manager wasnt advising him very well.

Nup, I dont have a source.

Veale wasnt forced to be traded, he was just pushed, he could have said no if he wanted. He either wanted to go in the end or his manager wasnt advising him very well.

Uh........o.k.

"Lochlan.........you have to go to the Bulldogs"

"No"

"If you don't agree then you'll be playing reserves in Box Hill next year and peeling potatoes at your local chipper the year after"

"Sons of the West..........Woof Woof"

Yeah......it was a real negotiation.:cool:

Wow, this all looks really spot-on, now, doesn't it?

Whew. Lucky everyone's got these great, reliable inside sources! :rolleyes:
I you are going to do this to all "I have an inside source about Judd" threads......you'd better get started.

There's a whole sub-forum on the main board..............it could take you weeks.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd to dees - J.Frawley to saints for pick 9 and picks 4, 9 and 21 to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back