Justin Leppitsch sack watch

Who should coach the Brisbane Lions in 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

sonnywalters

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2014
Newcastle NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
We are now in his third year and the Lions have a % of 62.3 and dont look like getting another win anytime soon. They are simply not competitive.

With Hardwick and Buckley now safe in their positions, the only coaches on high alert are Leppitsch and Rocket Eade. Rocket Eade is only in his second year. This leaves Leppitsch as clearly the next coach to be sacked.

Anyone care to predict when this will happen?

We are now in his third year and the Lions have a % of 62.3 and dont look like getting another win anytime soon. They are simply not competitive.

With Hardwick and Buckley now safe in their positions, the only coaches on high alert are Leppitsch and Rocket Eade. Rocket Eade is only in his second year. This leaves Leppitsch as clearly the next coach to be sacked.

I gave my predictions in the 3 other "When will Leppitsch get sacked" threads that have been on the main board this year.

And would anyone else get more out of that list?

In fairness a lot said the same thing when we sacked Mick.

Favourite sons of clubs as coaches rarely end in fairy tales and actual footballing ability means SFA as to how they will perform as a coach.

Favourite sons of clubs as coaches rarely end in fairy tales and actual footballing ability means SFA as to how they will perform as a coach.

Agree I think he's a shit coach.

So much so I don't want him sacked until they have played us

Agree I think he's a shit coach.

So much so I don't want him sacked until they have played us

When Bolts won the job for us all and sundry on here were saying " R.I.P Bolts " / " What a shit list to inherit " / " His career will be over at CFC " etc etc

How things change though under a good coach the players actually respect and want to play for, while little changes are made which can make all the difference the previous bloke may have been unwilling to make.

4SCWf9L.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We matched it with the very best for 3qtrs yesterday. We've improved this year, bar the Collingwood, Port and Melbourne games and have had a pretty tough start to the year fixture wise.

Whilst I myself have doubt on whether he is the man to coach us going forward, Leppa is safe for this year, I'm very confident on that.

We matched it with the very best for 3qtrs yesterday. We've improved this year, bar the Collingwood, Port and Melbourne games and have had a pretty tough start to the year fixture wise.

Whilst I myself have doubt on whether he is the man to coach us going forward, Leppa is safe for this year, I'm very confident on that.

Depends, if say you lose to us by 90 points next week or a similarly mid table or lower team by a lot it could hasten the end

Agreed.

Somewhat ironically, Ratten wouldn't be the worst option for them either.

Ratten is a bad choice for us won't happen anyway we're likely to look at Chris Scott next year

Really?

I mean firstly another ex-player is surely a joke?

Secondly I can't see him leaving Geelong unless you paid him truckloads and Geelong tend to avoid knee jerk reactions so it's hard to see him getting sacked or not renewed unless the wheels completely fall off.

Ratten is a bad choice for us won't happen anyway we're likely to look at Chris Scott next year
Take another ex-player I quit and so will a lot of people, single dumbest thing that the club could possibly do.

Brisbane must appoint a coach who has never had any involvement with the club as a player or assistant coach at the club.

Really?

I mean firstly another ex-player is surely a joke?

Secondly I can't see him leaving Geelong unless you paid him truckloads and Geelong tend to avoid knee jerk reactions so it's hard to see him getting sacked or not renewed unless the wheels completely fall off.
Not a Joke he's a great coach could see the AFL getting involved and getting Chris to the Lions the same way they did with Roos and Melbourne the need a good coach Ratten wouldn't cut it up there can't see him being a crowd favorite the Lions need a draw card as a coach not someone no one in Queensland has heard of pretty much why we hired Leppitsch in the first place

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Leppitsch sack watch

Back