KFC Twenty20 International Game 2: Australia v England @ MCG (Fri)

Tipping

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

after watching the last two T20's I really think its going the way of the one day game, as the objectives are the same: try and hit big at the start and end, and consolidate in the middle while the spinners are on. I'm not really sure how long the popularity of T20's will last, especially with more and more of them being played both on an international and domestic level.

That was actually a shit last over from Lee. Last ball was there to be hit.

Got away with it, but you have to ask what he was thinking with that last ball, or is he just not good enough to execute the skill to bowl a yorker?
Lee has bowled many great yorkers over his time, and bowled some nice ones tonight, he certainly has the skill to do it.

Mate, Japes pulled your pants down and gave you a agood old fashioned spanking.

Best just to slink off into the shadows after that.

:D

Haha. :thumbsu:

The amusing part is that I could have quoted a lot more from him, too.

He's even described Watto in the past as someone "who can't bowl". :D

It seems like he has now slunk off, though. I'm certainly not holding my breath waiting for an apology from him after his embarrassing "guarantee".

I don't think they will last on the international level because the standard doesn't improve enough from domestic to international. I'd rather watch the Big Bash than Aus v Eng.
Yup, same here. Tbh, I think T20's should only be played at a domestic level, like the IPL, Big Bash, Champion's League etc.

Was about to say what a brilliant over from Tait, until that ball. That's as wide of a wide as you get.

The other 6 balls of that over were beauties.

but overall he was pretty crap once again ..keep defending him ..you are the lone voice in the wilderness ..Tait is not bowling well enough to retain his spot in the team .

Tait and Hussey need to be replaced by players who can actually contribute.

Yup, same here. Tbh, I think T20's should only be played at a domestic level, like the IPL, Big Bash, Champion's League etc.

Pretty much, it should be like soccer. Players make their names for their franchise clubs, every so often they represent their country in a World Cup, they play the occasional friendly and there should be a version at the Olympics to promote the real thing.

but overall he was pretty crap once again ..keep defending him ..you are the lone voice in the wilderness ..Tait is not bowling well enough to retain his spot in the team .

The absolute tripe you hear on this forum at times.

Tait hasn't contributed in his 20/20 career? You're kidding? Looked at his career before dribbling crap. Right now he needs overs for the World Cup because he was underdone. Worked that out? Not hard. He got better tonight as the game went on. Bar that one ball that over on top of his ability to bowl 155km at the start are the reasons why he's in the side.

I don't think I'm the lone voice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else get the vibe Paul Reiffel was trying overly hard not to be biased tonight? It was almost like he went aww thats close I better give it or they will think I am helping out the aussies.

Made some poor calls I thought.

The absolute tripe you hear on this forum at times.

Tait hasn't contributed in his 20/20 career? You're kidding? Looked at his career before dribbling crap. Right now he needs overs for the World Cup because he was underdone. Worked that out? Not hard. He got better tonight as the game went on. Bar that one ball that over on top of his ability to bowl 155km at the start are the reasons why he's in the side.

I don't think I'm the lone voice.

After tonight:

Shaun Tait

T20 Career (international numbers in parentheses)

Bowling Average - 20.04 (17.78)
Bowling Strike Rate - 15.7 (15.3)
Economy Rate - 7.61 (6.94)
IPL - Rajasthan pays US$300,000
Australian T20 Team - 19 games (58 T20 games total)

One Day Career (international numbers in parentheses)

Bowling Average - 23.27 (23.04)
Bowling Strike Rate - 27.4 (26.8)
Economy Rate - 5.08 (5.15)
Australian ODI Team - 25 games (88 One Day games total)

Still has a great record as a wicketaker in both limited overs forms of the game.

Did anyone else get the vibe Paul Reiffel was trying overly hard not to be biased tonight? It was almost like he went aww thats close I better give it or they will think I am helping out the aussies.

Made some poor calls I thought.

I thought the White lbw was a bit high but side angle showed it was going to hit the bails off so not the worst call. The 'wide' from Pietersen was inside the line so that was fine and the two bouncer no-ball call was just. What did he get wrong?

Great match by Aaron Finch. Watto had another good game, Lee Paine and Warner all put in a bit too. I thought the fielding intensity was excellent and really helped defend a subpar total. Dussey and Smith did their best to lose us the game with the bat though, I think a combined 21 off 34 balls, just no where near good enough.

looked like he was actually in charge of them this time, instead of on Wednesday where it seemed like neilsen directed them

(them being bowling changes)

Agree with that - when they panned on Neilsen sitting behind the team, he looked clueless. Hopefully White was having more of a say than the 'coach'.

After tonight:

Shaun Tait

T20 Career (international numbers in parentheses)

Bowling Average - 20.04 (17.78)
Bowling Strike Rate - 15.7 (15.3)
Economy Rate - 7.61 (6.94)
IPL - Rajasthan pays US$300,000
Australian T20 Team - 19 games (58 T20 games total)

One Day Career (international numbers in parentheses)

Bowling Average - 23.27 (23.04)
Bowling Strike Rate - 27.4 (26.8)
Economy Rate - 5.08 (5.15)
Australian ODI Team - 25 games (88 One Day games total)

Still has a great record as a wicketaker in both limited overs forms of the game.

LOL, even on the Cricket board you will take any opportunity to whip out stats.

Matthew Knights was sitting in the row behind me at the game, seemed pretty subdued tbh.

He has an excellent 20/20 record.

Two bad games does not warrant being dropped.

I think perhaps you should research your opinion before presenting it. Otherwise you could end up looking foolish.

Btw - I'm assuming you're advocating Hilfenhaus' removal from the test team then? +5 bad tests in a row, average of > 30, had a terrible series against England. You at the front of that bus as well?

No, of course you're not. Which exposes the contradiction and exposes you.

Remove this Banner Ad

KFC Twenty20 International Game 2: Australia v England @ MCG (Fri)

Back