KFC Twenty20 International Game 2: Australia v England @ MCG (Fri)

Tipping

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 internationals are rubbish most of the time

You post this after 2 games in a row finish on the final ball :confused:

He has an excellent 20/20 record.

Two bad games does not warrant being dropped.

Exactly, Dussey is one of the finest T20 players in the world, to want him dropped from the team on the back of 2 not so good efforts with the bat is laughable.

Exactly, Dussey is one of the finest T20 players in the world, to want him dropped from the team on the back of 2 not so good efforts with the bat is laughable.

i said most of the time.

most games are rubbish, with commentators trying to make it exciting

Matt Prior made the wrong career move... he should know you don't get picked for your country when you perform well for Victoria ;)

Seriously... what has Davies got over him?

Yeah does seem a bit strange, Prior looks a much better batsman and he can smash it around as well.

Also have to wonder how Morgan didn't get picked in the test side ahead of Collingwood. Probably lucky for us as we might have been thrashed by even more than we were.

Went yesterday. Bored out of my brain. First T20 I've ever attended and won't go to one again. Not sure why I went really, I know full well I don't like T20s.

However, I took pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/straffo/sets/72157625822155702/

5354547604_0f0df6e13e_z.jpg

5354709104_3803fac265_z.jpg

5354091405_9a5439936f_z.jpg

5354732674_36bb08f1f3_z.jpg

:thumbsu: Exactly. Laughable. Unless you're going to be changing the team pretty much every game, with anyone who's had two average games getting the ass.
And the two games were hardly shockers. In the first one he made 28 at a run a ball, which is the same or better than anyone other than Watson, took a wicket and two excellent catches.
Then, in the second game, he had a bad one with the bat, (against high quality spin, on a very spin-friendly pitch) but then bowled three economical overs at a time when we badly needed someone to do that.
Who the hell would you be bringing in who's "bad" games are going to be like that? Do we have a couple of Kieron Pollards floating around in our domestic teams that I'm not aware of, that also have great experience and leadership qualities?

Australia need to change the order to

Finch
Paine (WK)
Watson
White
Hussey
Warner
Lynn

finch and paine opening the batting would be incredible.

a lot of cricketing snobs on this board. 20/20 is an excellent format. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant, or obstinate in their conservative views. The thrill of a close match, the roar of the crowd, the clatter of the stumps, and the smell of the grass is all part of the experience of 20/20 cricket.

a lot of cricketing snobs on this board. 20/20 is an excellent format. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant, or obstinate in their conservative views. The thrill of a close match, the roar of the crowd, the clatter of the stumps, and the smell of the grass is all part of the experience of 20/20 cricket.
If every game comes down to the last over it gets boring. Like every soccer game coming down to a penalty shootout. Ruins the thrill.

you must be a kfc rep or a bcci rep

lol, if you are getting tired of last ball finishes then you clearly do not love the game of cricket. I bet you cheer real loudly when a game of test cricket results in a draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not convinced that dancers bring anything to the experience... waste of money.

To me 20/20 is not a finished product yet. Maybe 30 30, 25 25? Not sure but to me just watching guys slog agriculturally every ball, and often results pretty clear cut fairly early on, well it is not exactly getting me super excited just yet. I had tired of 50-over stuff a bit with the boring middle overs, but it may just be me getting a bit older.

I like all forms of cricket - including 20/20.

It runs for as long as a football match - not 5 days, or 8 hours. It's very viewer friendly and designed to entertain. Fast paced action and attacking cricket.

I enjoy it and so do many others obviously - the crowd numbers more than emphasise this. Look at the amount of people who attend one Big Bash game in Adelaide?
It would probably equal more than the attendances of every single One Day and Shield Game combined at the oval over the course of the season.

60,000 last night - 32,000 in Adelaide. Great numbers.

Should be 3 20/20 matches and 5 ODI's. How did they **** that up so bad?

Yeah does seem a bit strange, Prior looks a much better batsman and he can smash it around as well.

Also have to wonder how Morgan didn't get picked in the test side ahead of Collingwood. Probably lucky for us as we might have been thrashed by even more than we were.
Prior really struggled for runs for England and was pretty shit at opening the batting in limited overs matches. But then again its only been since then that his test form has finally reached the level expected, early on he had some good runs against the Windies but struggled against other sides

I like all forms of cricket - including 20/20.

It runs for as long as a football match - not 5 days, or 8 hours. It's very viewer friendly and designed to entertain. Fast paced action and attacking cricket.

I enjoy it and so do many others obviously - the crowd numbers more than emphasise this. Look at the amount of people who attend one Big Bash game in Adelaide?
It would probably equal more than the attendances of every single One Day and Shield Game combined at the oval over the course of the season.

60,000 last night - 32,000 in Adelaide. Great numbers.

Should be 3 20/20 matches and 5 ODI's. How did they **** that up so bad?
Probably because there is a 50 over world cup coming up not a T20 plus the ICC put a limit on matches each country can host in a season and with Australia already playing Sri Lanka the had probably used up their allocation

lol, if you are getting tired of last ball finishes then you clearly do not love the game of cricket. I bet you cheer real loudly when a game of test cricket results in a draw.
Obvious troll is obvious.

Was about to say what a brilliant over from Tait, until that ball. That's as wide of a wide as you get.

The other 6 balls of that over were beauties.

slipped out...shit happens. atleast he was thinking which is kind of novel for an aussie quick these days

slipped out...shit happens. atleast he was thinking which is kind of novel for an aussie quick these days
Actually the over still had its faults, aside from the wide.

If the batsman didn't back away 1 or 2 of the other yorkers would've been close to legside wides. Maybe not quite but a couple would've been a good half a foot outside leg.

And you can see the difference between this Tait, and old, exciting Tait. If Tait in the past at top speed had bowled 4 or 5 deliveries in that zone during an over there's now way the batsman (lower order) would comfortably negotiate/make contact with them all.

He needs to find that extra yard again otherwise he's unable to be the wicket taker Australia want him to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

KFC Twenty20 International Game 2: Australia v England @ MCG (Fri)

Back