Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what we have offered Kurt is overs for what level of afl player is ATM , but taking considerations such as , u always pay overs a lil for kpf, he is probably the only kpf looking for a new club over the next couple of years, the cap is going up , the benefit Reid will get . I don't think it's too bad of a deal in swans behalf.

I know it's looking into the future ( and assuming we get him) , I'd hate for Reid and tippet not being able to perform well together and Reid looks for new pastures in a couple of year

I think what we have offered Kurt is overs for what level of afl player is ATM , but taking considerations such as , u always pay overs a lil for kpf, he is probably the only kpf looking for a new club over the next couple of years, the cap is going up , the benefit Reid will get . I don't think it's too bad of a deal in swans behalf.

I know it's looking into the future ( and assuming we get him) , I'd hate for Reid and tippet not being able to perform well together and Reid looks for new pastures in a couple of year

*5 years

Sheedy not letting the Swans get Tippett:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151516/default.aspx

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I wouldn't count on Tippett reaching your mob through the PSD.
Sheeds is starting to get a little embarassing. Every other club, when they hear someone doesn't want to play for them, come out and say "we are only interested in having players who want to play for the club". Look at GCS, as soon as Tippett said no they said "not interested" as they should. Good clubs don't spend time in the media trying to talk people into wanting to play for them.

Now, I'm sure Sheeds knows all this - he just likes getting in the papers :)

More hollow threats from the madman. Still not saying he'll take him, just saying he will if he wants to.

Will be hilarious seeing the crazy old fool wasting millions on a guy who isn't happy there, only for us to poach their young guns in a few years.

Do it, Sheedy. We dare you.

Sheedy not letting the Swans get Tippett:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151516/default.aspx

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I wouldn't count on Tippett reaching your mob through the PSD.
Gee GWS are in great hands ! Senile old fool has no place in the modern game. Has made his reputation on spruiking shit for most of his coaching career and the media being the fools they are have been silly enough to actually give him air time. Would hate to be one of those young players being coached by him. His pregame address to their players that was aired on Channel 7 Rd 1 this year was cringeworthy. Not one bit of instruction just an empty vessel making noise. Mark Williams who is one of the best developers of young talent in the game was no longer prepared to put up with his rubbish and moved on. If GWS thought the publicity Sheedy trys to attract with his crap was going to develop the outstanding young talent they have, they will be sadly mistaken. As much as people think they will be a powerhouse in 4-5 years you can add another 2 to that because the last 2 will have set them back. The Sydney market is a tougher market to crack than just paying an attention seeking hasbeen geriatric to bring publicity to your club. As sure as a Black Caviar wins every race she steps out in Tippett will be at the Swans.

Gee GWS are in great hands ! Senile old fool has no place in the modern game. Has made his reputation on spruiking shit for most of his coaching career and the media being the fools they are have been silly enough to actually give him air time. Would hate to be one of those young players being coached by him. His pregame address to their players that was aired on Channel 7 Rd 1 this year was cringeworthy. Not one bit of instruction just and empty vessel making noise. Mark Williams who is one of the best developers of young talent in the game was no longer prepared to put up with his rubbish and moved on. If GWS thought the publicity Sheedy trys to attract with his crap was going to develop the outstanding young talent they have, they will be sadly mistaken. As much as people think they will be a powerhouse in 4-5 years you can add another 2 to that because the last 2 will have set them back. The Sydney market is a tougher market to crack than just paying an attention seeking hasbeen geriatric to bring publicity to your club. As sure as a Black Caviar wins every race she steps out in Tippett will be at the Swans.
I remember that :) I spent the next 10 minutes thinking "why did he keep raising his voice to emphasise random words". I thought motivational speaking was about emphasising important points - not just yelling every 12th word ...

If Kurt is threatening the afl with supreme court action coz he gant get to Sydney, it's a fair indication he doesn't want to play for gws. They would be silly to draft him as it stands right now

who the **** would want Mitch Clarke
As opposed to getting nothing, missing most of this draft with potentially more penalties to follow,
I get your point, great clear thinking....your right not many teams want mobile big men who can play ruck and kick goals Vs nothing..
I apologize for my bellicosity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did any of u read the adelaidenow bout swans still keen on tippett.Did u think longmire has gone a little cold on tippett or just not blowing it up like sheedy.Your thoughts and do u think sheedy is talking shit or is he realy keen to get him cause know he is saying i cant wait to coach tippett next year also on adelaidenow.

I think he's just taking the sensible and professional approach

I think he's just taking the sensible and professional approach

agreed. also like to add that Kevin Sheedy is the biggest tosser in football. that right Eddie, you lost your #1 badge so move over. Sheedy reminds me of the younger brother who only wants something so desperately when his older brother does. had Sydney not been interested neither would GWS and sheedy. quit carrying on like a baby Sheeds.

As opposed to getting nothing, missing most of this draft with potentially more penalties to follow,
I get your point, great clear thinking....your right not many teams want mobile big men who can play ruck and kick goals Vs nothing..
I apologize for my bellicosity.
You are forgiven, as I said, I don't rate MC, and his price tag would of been big, I would of rather kept the cash and got the early pick.
But we didn't even get a pick :(

I think GWS will take him in the PSD, its always possible they are using him as a publicity stunt but i think they are keen.

Whoever recruits Tippett is taking a big risk with 3.5 mil over the next four years and a possible two years added onto that if rumours are to be believed. Salary cap space will get tight over the next four years for both teams and whoever recruits Tippett risks losing other players as a result.

I heard the Sheedy interview, he was selling GWS as an unstoppable team in 4yrs time when Tippett will be at his peak, and why wouldnt he consider that etc..
Does he really think all these number 1 picks that were basically kidnapped to play for a team that they didnt want to play for, wont be getting out the first chance they get?

Damian Oliver type deal done. Absoloute Disgrace. Then again Adelaide Football Club and Damian Oliver are not known for integrity or honesty which also underlines the lack of credibility both the AFL and Racing Vic have tarnished themselves with in last couple of months. Joke.

Yeah they were reporting Olivers 10 month ban on SEN 48hrs before the actual hearing. Its a joke.

Yeah they were reporting Olivers 10 month ban on SEN 48hrs before the actual hearing. Its a joke.
Goes to show how any situation in any orginization can be manipulated or contrived not to mention in two of the major sporting bodies in Australian sport. Sort of ruins the fantasy of the true believers who love those sports.:thumbsdown:

Goes to show how any situation in any orginization can be manipulated or contrived not to mention in two of the major sporting bodies in Australian sport. Sort of ruins the fantasy of the true believers who love those sports.:thumbsdown:

Yep, dont get me started on the non ranked Choc getting a shot at Geales world title before the constantly overlooked Soliman who was in training for the fight and next in line ready to unify his belt, fight changed at the last minute because he might not draw a huge crowd, he has been bent over for years.. Australian boxing can join those two sporting bodies you have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back