News Labor promise $7 Million for the Olympic Park Precinct.

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS when did this become a political rally?

FOOTBALL - remember?????

Stick yer politics where the sun don't shine.

OK boss. No more political rallies.

Football - remember?

Ok, how about Heath Shaw. Did you see this year's grand final. Loved his smother. What about Sidebottom. Exceptional. Kicking skills are spot on. Is that better?

OK boss. No more political rallies.

Football - remember?

Ok, how about Heath Shaw. Did you see this year's grand final. Loved his smother. What about Sidebottom. Exceptional. Kicking skills are spot on. Is that better?
Better than endless sniping across the trenches about friggin pollies.

What do you reckon Ratten's chances are of holding on?

Football is politics in a different guise
Disagree

Politics is an occupation filled with overblown, self-satisfied, self-deluded, second raters whose only qualification (sic) is to be able to bullshit better than the other bloke.

Gimme a shirt front or hip and shoulder any day compared to trash talking, backstabbing, two faced turds.

Crocodile Tears

We had a bet that if either of our preferred parties didn't win they would ban themselves from the SPR Board for 6 months.

I haven't been back there since election day, but I notice you still post there.

How is that possible seeing neither party won?

So don't come on here talking about welshers, you are one of the biggest

Hmmm you even try and re-write history like a true lefty.

I offerd you a thousand dollar bet on the election outcome. You wimped out and came back and wanted a ban on posting. I agreed as long as the $1,000 was on the table.

Not surprisingly you backed out. So not only are you full of it, your lack of guts did you out of $1,000. Even when you win, you lose, such is the life of a born loser.

Hmmm you even try and re-write history like a true lefty.

I offerd you a thousand dollar bet on the election outcome. You wimped out and came back and wanted a ban on posting. I agreed as long as the $1,000 was on the table.

Not surprisingly you backed out. So not only are you full of it, your lack of guts did you out of $1,000. Even win you win, you lose, such is the life of a born loser.
this is exactly why I hate political discussions

this is exactly why I hate political discussions

Yeah, sorry for posting it but I am not standing by whilst Murray/Dawson does his ministry of truth and re-writes history. I have plenty of enemies on the politics board who would have attacked me non stop over welching on a bet but the only mention you will find of a bet being welched on relates to Dippers Doughnuts:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721423

Football is politics in a different guise
GRRRRRRRR.:mad::mad:

Stupid comment.:thumbsdown:

Maybe the way some clubs and leagues are run has similarity to politics, but once that ball is bounced in the middle of the ground in late March, FOOTBALL HAS NO SIMILARITIES TO POLITICS.

Football (Aussie Rules in this case in point) is still a pure, untainted sport where when the game starts, no fat cats or pollies can have any say on what actually occurs on the ground.

Sport, and Aussie Rules in particular is a great beacon that stands apart from religion and politics, and any suggestion otherwise, to me is an insult to what sport really stands for.

Maybe the way some clubs and leagues are run has similarity to politics, but once that ball is bounced in the middle of the ground in late March, FOOTBALL HAS NO SIMILARITIES TO POLITICS.

Football (Aussie Rules in this case in point) is still a pure, untainted sport where when the game starts, no fat cats or pollies can have any say on what actually occurs on the ground.

Sport, and Aussie Rules in particular is a great beacon that stands apart from religion and politics, and any suggestion otherwise, to me is an insult to what sport really stands for.
THIS ^:thumbsu:
The center half back doesn't hold a cabinet spill to get the pill away from you he charges straight at you with sparks in his eyes and fire in his guts and it comes down to who wants it most that wins.

FOOTBALL guys - gladiators on the field and mates over the white line again.

Totally disagree, not that I want it to be so.

We have Kennett who shoots his mouth off at anything both on and off field.

We have Eddie, who is the most seasoned, best without a doubt political operator with a smart board garnering successful responses from the masses, who are like the rats of Hamelin.

We have Caro the wannabee politics reporter who realised that she didn't have a face for TV, or the brains for true politics, so instead she imagines internal conflicts within stable footy clubs. And nothing on at Richmond haha.

We have Demetriou who talks politics like it's Greek.

We have Conroy who is involved in the game (through weakening siphoning laws) - enough said - he wants involvement in any area of enjoyment in our life. Go away mate.

We have Brumby who has made the most political decisions by offering to fund North Melbourne's long term future through a white elephant Ballarat "BOUTIQUE" stadium, and giving us $7m when we could get it from 5% of Eddie's salary (or our merchandise profits...)

We have Bartlett who just wants to tinker with the rules, particularly those that give Collingwood a perceived advantage. So he quotes rubbish stats on interchanges leading to more injuries when it's clearly provable by club doctors that it's the reverse more likely to be true.

Sorry there's way too much politics in the game.

I wish it were not true, but the fact the game is so popular, the enjoyment experienced by so many (particularly Melbournians) that like my old History teacher used to say "politics is inescapable, it's like the air you breathe"

As for the split between religion and politics, for many AFL IS a religion. And therefore that ensures politics will result haha.

Enjoy your vote tomorrow, enjoy the fact that we can discuss it openly (until Conroy's filter gets me locked up), enjoy the fact that we don't get cut up by machetes Zimbabwe style, and enjoy the fact that regardless of who wins, Collingwood is still the reigning premiers and will be for another 10 months at least. And no one from Greg Barber, John Brumby and Ted Bailieu can take that off us.

(And even if we did dodge the salary cap I'm sure we wouldn't cop a Melbourne Storm rogering either!)

Lgarth you are talking about INDIVIDUALS in footy, high powered ones and non players to boot.
The GAME has nothing to do with politics - once inside that white line all affiliations bar club ones are no existant, there's no room or time but for the contest.

so who is favorite to win tommorow?

Who cares. They have the same policies, are spending the same money are both short of talent and niether of them will fix any of the problems.

The only thing that matters is that whoever wins, wins outright so we don't have the Greens or some ******** independent calling the shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally disagree, not that I want it to be so.

We have Kennett ...)

Really?

You want to use Kennett in an argument about sport and politics?

Just weird.

He has no impact on what 15 other clubs do in the AFL, let alone how the AFL runs things in every other state in Australia (except for Tassie) and he has no impact whatsoever on our actual game, or sport in general in this country.

The AFL and Politics do not mix, and never will, we get very little funding from any form of government, and therefore the game has to thrive and develop on it's own, which is a huge advantage.

The AFL as a game, and competition is about as non-political as you get, anywhere in Australia, and maybe the world.

And all those extra names you mentioned, they are journos, they write shit for a living, it's not politics, it's more like marketing and promotion for the AFL.

And as for tomorrow, who will win, NO ONE, the match will not be decided till at least Sunday (we are talking about the only important "clash" on this week, the Ashes aren't we?).:confused:

I said if a government does a good job they are warranted a long term...but there are few govts - very few - less than 10% that deserve long terms.

The fact is
1) corruption 2) incompetence 3) excess spending 4) arrogance are usually the product of what happens for parties that have been in power for 2 or more terms.

If you can think of one that hasn't met this criteria (the four points above) in recent years - labor or liberal - i am all ears.

NSW Labor have been in power for yonks up there and they make Bracks look ...well better than them, which is difficult. They have crossed off everything on the list - 1)corruption -tick 2) incompetence - tick 3) excess spending - tick-4) arrogance - tick...but guess what ? they keep getting voted back in ...hilarious in a way.

Vic Labor heading the way of NSW Labor. They are complacent as they know they will win yet again at next election. In the paper they pretend to be all frightened about the result...oooh, it will be close, one seat ladidididadda nonsense. Rubbish, they have won already. and again it is funny as they are hopeless.

Liberals that should have had less time in power:-
1) Fraser - complete rubbish was Fraser.
2) Howard - last term was nonsense.

and quite frankly I can't think of many others that have been in power long enough to complain about...well not recently anyway as Liberals rarely win.

Harmesy, collingwood backed a loser and for once I'm happy about it. I bet you're also happy you were dead wrong. Gonna love watching Eddie suck up to Ted on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back