Leo and Ablett for Grundy and Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy was alright on the weekend, but I can't see him having the experience to travel with the likes of Brown for a while (if ever).

Absolutely - which further emphasises the medium to long term importance of a fit LRT. If Grundy makes it as a key backman, I think it will be more as a FB than a CHB. The FF types tend to be a little shorter and not quite so powerful as the best CHFs. And nor do they cover quite the same ground as players like Riewoldt and Brown. One of LRT's assets is his endurance and his pace is just about adequate enough too. Grundy's going to have to rely on his ability to read the ball in flight and develop the smarts to know when to play in front, when to leap from behind, when to mark, when to spoil - ala Andrew Dunkley. And he was a player who took several seasons to develop into a quality full back, albeit in a team where there was less pressure to perform right from day one given the general crapness of those around him in the early 90s.

Come on Nat, and Liz,LRT aint ready. If he gets a re-call and plays like shit,you
guys are gonna cop so much shit,it aint funny,you guys are just putting pressure
on the guy.If he is as talented as you claim,let him prove it!!

I am not advocating bringing LRT back into the team now. I watch the reserves games when they play in Sydney (and occasionally in Canberra) and he's not currently playing good enough football to warrant a call-up. I think confidence is a pretty important factor for LRT to play well - and he won't if he has any doubts about his own readiness.

My comments were addressed at his medium to long term importance to the team - ie from 2008 onwards. I was surprised at those suggesting he has no place in the team.

Come on Nat, and Liz,LRT aint ready. If he gets a re-call and plays like shit,you
guys are gonna cop so much shit,it aint funny,you guys are just putting pressure
on the guy.If he is as talented as you claim,let him prove it!!

WTF?

How am i putting pressure on him? I'm not putting pressure on anyone.. Do you think LRT is going to come into this thread and think 'oh no, natlovestheswans thinks so highly of me.. now i have to perform'?

All i'm talking about is what LRT has done in the past considering people like swannykika are saying stuff about LRT being rubbish and asking what's so good about him.

Leo will not come back into the team this week.
Grundy should not be dropped.
Richards should be dropped.
If Ablett is over the flu (And not carrying any injuries) then he should be brought back, hopefully for Mathews.
Looks like Bevan won't be dropped this year. They brought him back for the finals last year and it's nearly that time again..Hopefully though if Crouch can go again he'll come in for Bev.

yes missed an easy goal but that's only because of his confidence being a bit down..

No, it's because he's a shit kick.

Leo will not come back into the team this week.
Grundy should not be dropped.
Richards should be dropped.
If Ablett is over the flu (And not carrying any injuries) then he should be brought back, hopefully for Mathews.

For Mathews!? No way, he is vital to our team playing the tagging role on tuff opposition players.

WTF?

All i'm talking about is what LRT has done in the past considering people like swannykika are saying stuff about LRT being rubbish and asking what's so good about him.

ahum. never said LRT was rubbish, just average at best. The thing with him is, you can never really be confident about what the hell he is gonna do. he's not consistent, hes not a player of high skill, his decisions are 50/50 or maybe 60/40 at best, and look, he just doesnt shape up as the kind of player who at this stage, deserves to be in the team. Let him prove me wrong, but to do that, he needs to at least be a cut above other players in the 2's, and at the moment he cant even achieve that.

whats so good about LRT. You keep harping on about his return, but he really aint that good.

ahum. never said LRT was rubbish, just average at best. The thing with him is, you can never really be confident about what the hell he is gonna do. he's not consistent, hes not a player of high skill, his decisions are 50/50 or maybe 60/40 at best, and look, he just doesnt shape up as the kind of player who at this stage, deserves to be in the team. Let him prove me wrong, but to do that, he needs to at least be a cut above other players in the 2's, and at the moment he cant even achieve that.

You saying that 'he really aint that good' is as good as saying that he's rubbish.

I have no idea what you have againest LRT and why you can't remember what he has done for the team in the past.

You saying that 'he really aint that good' is as good as saying that he's rubbish.

I have no idea what you have againest LRT and why you can't remember what he has done for the team in the past.

He is right in part. LRT gives us flexability and height down back. Vital to our defensive structure when fit. However, his skills and decision making are pretty poor overall, but that is not really why he is in the team. He is there are purely a stopper, and nothing else.

The reason the likes of Bevan get a lot of stick, is because he is the type of player that is required to rebound off his opponent. He just does it quite poorly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo and Ablett for Grundy and Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back