We can’t drop everyone

Out Naughton, O’Donnell, VDM

In Buss and Garcia and ? Jones hopefully is ok,

Move Lobb forward

Weightman may be a few weeks
Harmes didn’t play VFL ?

Bevo will want Anthony Scott in after 5 kicks and 10 handballs in vfl

Last edited:
I would be amazed if we won this one. JUH should be dropped no doubt but gets a get out jail card because Astro is out. Another half hearted performance going for marks one handed like we have been getting and he gets dropped even without Astro.

Outs McNeill, Astro, JOD
Ins Jones, Cody, Busslinger

Last edited:

Out: JOD, Naughton, McNeil, Khamis, Gallagher
In: Jones, Busslinger, Garcia, Cleary, Harmes (If fit any update on why he didn't play VFL?)

I have booked my ticket for the game. I want to be there for Buss's first game (if he doesn't get selected I'll spew).

I would love to say English and JUH out. Both dropped to the VFL for a severe kick up the arse.

But where does that leave us? Without English, unless we bring Smith straight in, that potentially takes Lobb out of defence and I’m not sure I like the idea of our backline without him and possibly without Jones as well if he misses again. Khamis just isn’t it. Lobb might not have much defensive experience but he has the body to at least provide a contest and he has done really well in recent weeks.

Without JUH in the side that leaves Darcy down there on his own as a tall and without Naughton and possibly Weightman again….leaves us with very limited options and we go in I think far too small.

Free passes again for both of them unfortunately which is an undue reward for poor form. De Koning is going to murder Tim in the ruck 😩

Last edited:
OUT: Naughton, O'Donnell, McNeil (Sub)

IN: Clarke, Jones, Freijah

Aware some people on this board want Clarke delisted off the back of one game but if you watched the VFL once in a while maybe you'd keep your mouth shut.

If Jones is unavailable Busslinger comes in.

FB: Taylor Duryea, Liam Jones, Buku Khamis

HB: Nick Coffield, Rory Lobb, Bailey Dale

C: Joel Freijah, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Williams

HF: Jack Macrae, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Laitham Vandermeer

FF: Charlie Clarke, Sam Darcy, Rhylee West

FO: Tim English, Ed Richards, Adam Treloar

I/C: Harvey Gallagher, Tom Liberatore, Ryley Sanders, Lachlan Bramble

SUB: Lachlan McNeil

Out: Naughton and JOD (inj), McNeill

In: Busslinger, Garcia, Daniel

JUH - last chance and we'll need something special to win. After that he's going back to Footscray and a serve of humble pie.

Gallagher - really deserves to be dropped on form but is always there at the end of the game still running and making tackles.

English - my feelings on this guy are well known. We simply won't win a flag with timid Tim in the middle, but Lachie Smith is probably not ready for a debut.

I'd send Khamis forward and keep Lobb back.

Assuming they won't rush L.Jones back if he has knee soreness, nor Flea.

B. Duryea Lobb Dale
HB. Williams Busslinger Bramble
C. Gallagher Liberatore Richards
HF: Macrae Khamis Vandermeer
F: Darcy Ugle-Hagan West
FOL: English Bontempelli Treloar
INT: Sanders, Coffield, Freijah, Garcia
Sub: Daniel

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freijah to SUB was one of the more bewildering MC selections .....

McNeil should never don the colours again. I'd like to add VDM to that list, as he is a deadset liability in the forward half.

But with BevoBall, who the F knows... Go Dogs.

Freijah to SUB was one of the more bewildering MC selections .....

McNeil should never don the colours again. I'd like to add VDM to that list, as he is a deadset liability in the forward half.

But with BevoBall, who the F knows... Go Dogs.
VDM has been playing ok the last couple of weeks. Playing a tough position. No way he'll get dropped considering our lack of pace.

McNeill on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Out: Naughton and JOD (inj), McNeill

In: Busslinger, Garcia, Daniel

JUH - last chance and we'll need something special to win. After that he's going back to Footscray and a serve of humble pie.

Gallagher - really deserves to be dropped on form but is always there at the end of the game still running and making tackles.

English - my feelings on this guy are well known. We simply won't win a flag with timid Tim in the middle, but Lachie Smith is probably not ready for a debut.

I'd send Khamis forward and keep Lobb back.

Assuming they won't rush L.Jones back if he has knee soreness, nor Flea.

B. Duryea Lobb Dale
HB. Williams Busslinger Bramble
C. Gallagher Liberatore Richards
HF: Macrae Khamis Vandermeer
F: Darcy Ugle-Hagan West
FOL: English Bontempelli Treloar
INT: Sanders, Coffield, Freijah, Garcia
Sub: Daniel

Not saying this an unreasonable team if Jones and Cody are not available. This line up against an angry blues team with Cripps 200 will get decimated. Lobb(even though he has been pretty good the last weeks) on Mckay, Busslinger on Curnow they would be licking their lips.

Surely it’s Buss time - not an ideal first up against the best tall duo in the comp. But that’s certainly one way to learn..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What number concussion is JOD up to now?
Not sure on the number of concussions he has had but I would be interested in how many games of footy he played before coming to us. Maybe I am reading it wrong but he just seems to charge into situations without protecting himself. Lack of experience or just unlucky????

What number concussion is JOD up to now?
I have a feeling it’s his third playing with the WB. No idea if he had any before that.

Concussion is a serious issue and not to be lightly dismissed. Just in case posters here hadn’t been following some of the sad and even tragic cases of CTE (or suspected CTE in more recent cases).

There are mandatory protocols for responding to head knocks so we don’t have a lot of discretion in whether or not to remove a player from the game. Some clubs may disregard those protocols when it suits them but it may be that independent doctors get involved if that continues to happen.

I’m proud of the club if it takes a responsible approach to handling head knocks. No footy game is worth a risk that you’ll destroy the rest of your life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s start again - Changes R18 vs Carltank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back