Let’s start again - Changes R18 vs Carltank

Remove this Banner Ad

I always hope we win. Doubly so when we play the team I hate the most. Whatever chance we had if at full strength diminishes by 10% for each of Astro, Jones and Cody out. Plus you can add another 10% for the cumulative effect.

So, we would be outsiders at full strength with all the above unlikely to play I am saying we are 40% less chance of winning. I know the coaches motto is one soldier out one soldier in but in reality that is just spin.

FB: Duryea, Lobb, Busslinger
HB: Dale, Keath if healthy, Coffield
C: Williams, Treloar, Freijah
HF: Vandermeer, JUH, Sanders
FF: Weightman, Darcy, West
R: English, Bont, Libba
INT: Garcia, Richards, Macrae, Bramble
Sub: Khamis

Out: Naughton, O'Donnell, Gallagher, McNeil
In: Weightman, Keath, Busslinger, Garcia

Khamis there as forward backup mostly, sub him in if shit goes wrong.

Last edited:
Assuming Weightman and Keath pass fitness tests I'd go -

Out: Naughton, JOD, McNeil, Gallagher
In: Buss, Keath, Weightman, Garcia
Freijah to full game and McNeil to sub.

Not ideal but I'd start Khamis on the bench and have him as the 3rd tall forward with option of moving him back if (when) things don't work and swap with Lobb or sub off and go smaller. Potentially move Williams back too and Freijah to a wing.

I'm sure whatever we throw down back isn't going to end well but haven't got many options.

Last edited:
It will be Keath coming in now instead of Buss, I know it :(

Keath / Lobb / Buku down back with a smaller forward line as Bevo hinted at in his post game presser. Would be very happy to be wrong.

Yikes at the thought of anyone playing on Curnow. Lobb, Keath, Buku or Buss are terrible matchups for his athletic profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes at the thought of anyone playing on Curnow. Lobb, Keath, Buku or Buss are terrible matchups for his athletic profile.
Not too many defenders can match him athletically. Our only hope is to dry up the supply, which on the weekends performance seems a forlorn hope

Hey guys. Not a dogs supporter but my kids are (they love Tim English and Bont).

Surely Buss gets named. Kid has busted his butt this year and had some solid games.

Like Lewis Hayes for us, yet we keep persisting with Laverde.

You guys will finish strong I reckon.
The thing with Buss is that it’s a terrible week for matchups when he’s had much better weeks to debut.

Keath is a solid option to try and matchup on someone like McKay. I don’t think we could expect Buss or a Khamis type to do any reasonable job on Curnow & McKay.

Is anyone else worried that it seems like we are rushing Keath back for this. Was listed 2-4 weeks away just last week. His body breaks down a lot, I’d be giving him more time to get right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The thing with Buss is that it’s a terrible week for matchups when he’s had much better weeks to debut.

Keath is a solid option to try and matchup on someone like McKay. I don’t think we could expect Buss or a Khamis type to do any reasonable job on Curnow & McKay.
It would a tough week to come in. If he does I'd potentially play Lobb on McKay and have Coffield play on Curnow. Try to free up Buss to intercept and help double team.

Please explain what McNeil did or didn’t do.
He applied great pressure had 5 tackles. Kicked a goal and 13 possessions.
He give great effort as a supporter or a Coach that’s all you can ask for. I’m sure most of our supporter's watch the game blindfolded.
From what I saw, nearly every time the ball was kicked to him, he fumbled it, didn’t gather it cleanly and let his opponent influence the contest by not being clean. His goal was a good one but it had zero impact on the game as it was so late

He could should have stayed in Adelaide because he’ll be back in the SANFL next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back