Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are (mostly) all in the boat right now. Still love the PAFC, but finding it increasingly hard to get to excited or too passionate about it right now. So many decisions go against what we are, so much has been compromised that it doesn't have the same feel as following the club back in the day. I'm even getting pissed off at all the soft teal thats around at every home game, that's how bad it's become....
We need alot of change.. The club is at the crossroads maybe even moreso than 5-6 years ago..

We are (mostly) all in the boat right now. Still love the PAFC, but finding it increasingly hard to get to excited or too passionate about it right now. So many decisions go against what we are, so much has been compromised that it doesn't have the same feel as following the club back in the day. I'm even getting pi**ed off at all the soft teal thats around at every home game, that's how bad it's become....
We need alot of change.. The club is at the crossroads maybe even moreso than 5-6 years ago..
The only way this club survives is if we are a competent side. We've arguably only been that in 2 or 3 of the last 14 years.

The only way this club survives is if we are a competent side. We've arguably only been that in 2 or 3 of the last 14 years.
We have the list to be a competent side. We just need that list brought out of its shell.

It starts with playing to win. I'd almost take a 100 point drubbing in a game where we at least pitched up and gave it a crack.

We are (mostly) all in the boat right now. Still love the PAFC, but finding it increasingly hard to get to excited or too passionate about it right now. So many decisions go against what we are, so much has been compromised that it doesn't have the same feel as following the club back in the day. I'm even getting pi**ed off at all the soft teal thats around at every home game, that's how bad it's become....

Yup.

This is the tipping point for the Club's future I reckon.

The next 6 months will define whether the PAFC continues to exist, or spirals into nothingness and gets replaced by Norwood in 5 years.

I really think our situation is that dire. Please may I be wrong, but...…….sheeesh!

Yup.

The next 6 months will define whether the PAFC continues to exist, or spirals into nothingness and gets replaced by Norwood in 5 years.

I really think our situation is that dire. Please may I be wrong, but...…….sheeesh!
Yeah the big problem is back in the 2010s era the club lost the casual I follow port power planet teal supporter, but now the long time I've supported the club for 40-50 years type supporters are losing interest, it's a massive concern for the club.. There are various obvious reasons for this,way more than just being a boring semi competent sometimes side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup.

That is a huge overreaction, things aren't that bad mate. We aren't Gold Coast.

New article on AFL.com ranks our U23 crop as the 3rd best in the competition

and the Crows' crop as the single worst :)

Removing emotion for a second:

Given that, and our likely bomb out of the finals race this season, it would be best for our club to finish as low as possible this year.

Removing emotion for a second:

Given that, and our likely bomb out of the finals race this season, it would be best for our club to finish as low as possible this year.
We will finish 9th, we all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back