Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

By the by, last time we retro’d against Brisbane we smashed them by 113 points.

Boak best on ground with 41 & 1, and 3 goal assists. Schulz kicked 7. Gray had 29 & 2 with 3 goal assists.

And the likes of Wines, Westhoff, Ebert, Kornes, Broadbent, White, and debutant Sam Gray also filled their boots.

All told, 24 goals & 39 scoring shots from 63 inside50’s, and Wingard and Monfries didn’t even play.

In fact, Port’s team total of 22 goal assists that day remains the equal sixth highest for a single game since the stat was recorded in 2003.

The only games above it consist of:

• Geelong’s ‘Big Bang Game’ against Richmond in 2007,

• Geelong’s 186-pt destruction of Dean Bailey’s Dees in 2011,

• a pair of cakewalks by the Tigers and Crows over the baby Giants,

• and Sydney’s obliteration of West Coast last year.

And the revisionists say the 2014 team ‘overperformed’.
From memory we were down for a fair bit of the first quarter too, i remember being quite frustrated by that.

From memory we were down for a fair bit of the first quarter too, i remember being quite frustrated by that.

D17C8107-0FCC-4DD9-9D2F-583707F5968F.jpeg

Well remembered. It’s weird how gigantic avalanches sometimes occur seemingly from nowhere.

I am sure I went to that game. Classic photo of David Granger having a laugh at Peter Carey. I think Carey tapped the ball or handballed to a Port player that resulted in a goal.

That's right, Carey pushed Dave in the back at the boundary throw in, then tapped it to Craig Ebert who goaled. Dave stopped to congratulate him on his ruck work.

I like that they've tried to replicate the neck line, but that's all they've done. Honestly I reckon the 2014 effort was significantly better despite how 'teal' dominant it felt.

View attachment 2019239View attachment 2019242

View attachment 2019252

Nah this one is pure garbage. The spikes on the right hand side aren’t even the same shape and finish in the armpit instead of coming out of the side seam. Not even close.

The yoke position is better (still not perfect) but that’s about it.

Would the club have a inhouse graphic designer tick that off or would it be a contractor that the club didn't pay for enough revisions with?

Like all things at Port
It isn't right but close enough for the mass's so they don't care

Not to mention State icon, Studley Cornes, who decked little Kimmy Kinnear off the ball in the '77 GF.

And tried to rough up Jack Spry on the half time siren - but came off 2nd best :cool:
That dust up between Cornes and Spry at half time in the 1977 GF is the only time I ever saw Russell Ebert get involved in that sort of stuff, when he ran 20 plus metres just after the half time siren to pick up a glenelg player and throw him to the ground.

For a 100% ball player like Russell to lose his temper and flatten an oppo player like that was an indication of the amount of sniping being done by the bay players, culminating in that king hit on an unsuspecting Tim Evans by Fred Phillis.

As for Cornes taking on Jack Spry, Spry was a huge bloke and he just wrapped his hands around Studley's throat and lited him off the ground until the Stud began to turn blue, and as pointed out by another poster if he had held on for 5 seconds longer Cornes would have been in need of some serious medical attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah this one is pure garbage. The spikes on the right hand side aren’t even the same shape and finish in the armpit instead of coming out of the side seam. Not even close.

The yoke position is better (still not perfect) but that’s about it.
Youse white noise don't understand that no photos or video footage exists of pre 2012. They've had to go off the hazy memories of the 16 year olds they've got working for free in the social media and customer engagement department. They've done a bloody good job under the circumstances. There's no pleasing some people

"How do we incorporate more teal? There's not enough teal!" Screamed David Koch

"How about we make a throwback replica that's not exactly a replica?" Replied Matthew Richardson.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Just know that's exactly how it played out.

They've done the same thing to the current home jumper. Big fat, out of proportion chevron, so there's more teeaaal.

"How do we incorporate more teal? There's not enough teal!" Screamed David Koch

Every time I read something like this I think of Brad the Brain.

“I want Teal. More teal!!”

Club brings out teal guernsey.

“I don’t like it”

That was the last we heard of Brad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back