Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that on the day this was worn with white shorts but we will be wearing black shorts in this game. Essentially it will look nothing like GF day '04.
Why was the team that finished higher wearing white shorts?

File under 'its the vibe'

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
The design is objectively better.

It has less “information”. It’s simpler. The colors don’t clash, but cooperate with one another.

The design is objectively better.

It has less “information”. It’s simpler. The colors don’t clash, but cooperate with one another.

Good observation.

The lack of intersecting horizontal line where the shapes reverse in colour is a huge benefit for the away (Wings) guernsey. It's a simpler design and has the balance of colours right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facebook nuffs with the standard bring this guernsey back full time nonsense. It’s nice to see once a decade but the current guernsey is a lot better.

We really should’ve went a traditional design right from the start. I would’ve done a silver or teal bars on black from the start but i’m in a small minority with that view I believe.

Why was the team that finished higher wearing white shorts?

It was a coin toss back then but it shouldn’t have needed that because it’s common sense that the team with white in its colours wear the white shorts.

Brisbane wearing white shorts against Collingwood last year was brain dead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Facebook nuffs with the standard bring this guernsey back full time nonsense. It’s nice to see once a decade but the current guernsey is a lot better.

We really should’ve went a traditional design right from the start. I would’ve done a silver or teal bars on black from the start but i’m in a small minority with that view I believe.
The silver/battle ship grey wasn't good enough for the AFL which is why teal came into the picture.

Silver bars wouldn't get ticked off now let alone back then.

Original plan was the bars with silver instead of white. AFL (collingwood) said no - go and find another colour and, while you're at it, a funky modern design.
If they'd just gone teal on the bars from the start it would have been accepted by the old schools (maybe reluctantly) and saved so much grief

Original plan was the bars with silver instead of white. AFL (collingwood) said no - go and find another colour and, while you're at it, a funky modern design.
If they'd just gone teal on the bars from the start it would have been accepted by the old schools (maybe reluctantly) and saved so much grief

And actually would’ve looked a lot better than those original guernseys.

And we wouldn’t have needed to change our strip multiple times over and wearing the traditional black and white strip once a year would be more accepted too.

The bars design doesn’t need to be black and white to look good in my opinion.

Missed a trick with that a bit

And actually would’ve looked a lot better than those original guernseys.

And we wouldn’t have needed to change our strip multiple times over and wearing the traditional black and white strip once a year would be more accepted too.

The bars design doesn’t need to be black and white to look good in my opinion.

Missed a trick with that a bit

They look best in black and white - but the continuity in design should have been a non negotiable. It would have prevented a lot of the 'not the real Port Adelaide' bullshit

It was a coin toss back then but it shouldn’t have needed that because it’s common sense that the team with white in its colours wear the white shorts.

Brisbane wearing white shorts against Collingwood last year was brain dead.

No it's not.

If the guernseys and socks don't clash then it's logical the shorts shouldn't either. Why are maroon tops and socks ok with black and white (and teal if you use Port instead) and black socks but for someone reason maroon shorts and black shorts are not allowed?

No team should have needed to wear white shorts more often than it is.

In 2013 Fremantle got told to wear white shorts but they could wear their normal top, they said no, if you want us in white shorts then we will wear the white top with it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back