Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Deal's dependent on Hawthorn and Tigers don't want to do a swap including our #3.

There's options if Tigers want them. There's also the PSD.

1. Baker and his team throughout have said PSD isn’t an option.

2. Richmond has pick 1 in the PSD.

Not quite the option some think it is.

1. Baker and his team throughout have said PSD isn’t an option.

2. Richmond has pick 1 in the PSD.

Not quite the option some think it is.
Well it is an option: Richmond pick up a player who doesn't want to be there in the PSD.

Also, where have his team said PSD isn't an option?

If Richmond wants picks, then pick 23 is more than reasonable for an uncontracted role-player.

Well it is an option: Richmond pick up a player who doesn't want to be there in the PSD.

Also, where have his team said PSD isn't an option?

If Richmond wants picks, then pick 23 is more than reasonable for an uncontracted role-player.

Sure it’s an option. But probably the least probable.

Also, Baker doesn’t not want to be at Richmond. He’d just rather be in WA.

What you’re suggesting that if it comes to Baker and the PSD, Richmond despite being able to select him first would sacrifice what is best for the club for the benefit of a player.

It’s been reported on Gettable etc. that Baker wants to see Richmond fairly compensated. Both Cal and Ralphy have now said that he wanted assurances from both Freo and WC could facilitate a trade (hence the 10 and 14 that we’ve heard from the start). You don’t do that if you’re always been willing to go to the PSD.

If nothing gets worked out between West Coast or Freo, my guess would be Baker signs a 1 year deal and goes via Free Agency next year.

What you’re suggesting that if it comes to Baker and the PSD, Richmond despite being able to select him first would sacrifice what is best for the club for the benefit of a player.

It’s been reported on Gettable etc. that Baker wants to see Richmond fairly compensated. Both Cal and Ralphy have now said that he wanted assurances from both Freo and WC could facilitate a trade (hence the 10 and 14 that we’ve heard from the start). You don’t do that if you’re always been willing to go to the PSD.

Players don't get to dictate their value. He ain't saying "pick 14 or I'm not moving".

If nothing gets worked out between West Coast or Freo, my guess would be Baker signs a 1 year deal and goes via Free Agency next year.

Very much hoping this is what eventuates.

Probably better for Richmond also.

Welcome back to the chat Freo

I hope this is not true. Baker is an out of contract role player. Our F2 is plenty. Let Richmond bundle picks themselves to move up.

i rate bakes and would love him at the club (for like an F2), but for us in our position right now as a rebuilding club, this is by far my preferred scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players don't get to dictate their value. He ain't saying "pick 14 or I'm not moving".

Very much hoping this is what eventuates.

Probably better for Richmond also.

No he isn’t going to say that, but he’d be aware of what Richmond would want to make the deal happen.

If West Coast can convince Richmond to take a second round pick for him, all power to West Coast.

Whilst I think it would be better for all clubs involved if Baker was to stay for one additional year (try to manufacture a band 1 comp pick and Wesr Coast/ Freo get him for nothing), think it’s more likely a deal gets done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back