Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Looks like a swap of first round picks will get this done.
Pick 3 for bakes and pick 20.

That sounds fair it basically means they are getting Baker for Pick 17

Hmm, Barrett, Jenkins and Johnno now coming around to WCE using the PSD to bring Baker on board :eyes:

Without us doing a thing, the media narrative has gone from Baker for Barrass as a foregone conclusion, to Baker in the PSD makes sense

I'd bet anything it doesn't get to the PSD, but Clarke may well be a genius

Pick 23 for Baker I reckon :smirk:
nathan fillion castle GIF

Hmm, Barrett, Jenkins and Johnno now coming around to WCE using the PSD to bring Baker on board :eyes:
This rarely happens outside of the media and supporters saying the "why don't we?".

I think the answer is in this league without promotion or relegation, these clubs need to work with each other year on year in these trade dealings, and good and fair relationships go a long way. Otherwise, I don't think West Coast want to create a reputation of walking WA players to the PSD when it suits them, as if multiple VIC clubs wouldn't then be trying to do the same in coming years with their VIC players.

There's a difference between players getting picked up in the PSD in certain scenarios, vs the old screw the other club let's just get him for free, that really only ever gets threatened in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This rarely happens outside of the media and supporters saying the "why don't we?".

I think the answer is in this league without promotion or relegation, these clubs need to work with each other year on year in these trade dealings, and good and fair relationships go a long way. Otherwise, I don't think West Coast want to create a reputation of walking WA players to the PSD when it suits them, as if multiple VIC clubs wouldn't then be trying to do the same in coming years with their VIC players.

There's a difference between players getting picked up in the PSD in certain scenarios, vs the old screw the other club let's just get him for free, that really only ever gets threatened in the media.
Martin was walked to the PSD. Carlton still got Hollands for a song a few seasons later.

Not true, I think he'd be a very good get, but not at the price demanded. Richmond are being absolutely ridiculous with their valuations, hoping other clubs will supercharge their rebuild for them.
It's called negotiating. You start high, they start low. Then you meet in the middle somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back