Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

You are obviously aware that trade radio runs for 12 hours a day 5 days a week. So when guys like Morris or Cooney or god forbid Cornes put up their mega trade suggestions it’s only to rankle the great unwashed into becoming even more unhinged.

This is a great example of it.

How can Richmond be seen as unreasonable when there is no suggestion of an offer even being put forward by WC for Baker?

Why are so many upset with Richmond with the suggestion that their list manager Matthew Clarke was ok with giving away a pick in the teens for Baker?

We have heard from Hartley once this trade period when he attended the mandatory 2 minute press conference on Monday. He said nothing.

He isn’t whoring his messaging out to the media to manipulate deals like other clubs are doing.

The hate from some over at West Coast is both fascinating yet somewhat unhealthy.

Jay Clark isn't on trade radio, he writes for your major newspaper and is on some Fox shows

I'm not sure what the rest of your rant has to do with my post

You are correct, that poster was exaggerating

But the actual suggestion was only mildly less stupid

It was 3 for 12 and 14, and then giving Richmond 12 for Baker

That's brain-dead stuff tbh and far worse than just turning Barrass into Baker which we clearly didn't want to do either
In this draft, yes, it's stupid.

3 may be involved (may) but that would be for a pick swap and Baker.

Not sure exactly what WCE wanted to do but the supposed Hawks Barrass pick was going to be involved at some level.

I'm assuming Richmond fans have begun the 'Pick 3 for Baker' talk now? Guy who finished equal fifth in the bnf in a team that won two games and their fans want pick 3 for him. I'm howling.

Fail Oh No GIF by The Great British Bake Off

WCE should encourage Baker to choose Fremantle now, it has always been a better fit. We have Graham that is enough 26yo range B graders.
We cant win this trade now.
If we pay what Richmond want (1st round) it is too much for what he is worth to us (3rd round).
If we walk him to PSD Richmond will use this to get an AFL assistance package like the other perpetually failing clubs (GC, NM, Mel, Car, Ess, WB, GWS, Haw) and we will have to watch another engineered "dynasty" of handout players.

The talk that Hawthorn trading 14 to Carlton is some major stuff up from West Coast is bizarre. So they can no longer get pick 14 and then pay overs for an uncontracted Baker? Oh no!

Still looks like an easy trade for 26 to me with West Coast maybe throwing in a future 3rd as a sweetener after Richmond kick up a stink.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the talk of Carlton getting 3. 12 and 14 surely isn't enough, and they don't really have any other currency to give.
Desperate to bring in FoS, who's Walsh's cousin. Likely their only chance, as he's said at the combine he's keen to move to Perth if WCE pick him.

I don't get the talk of Carlton getting 3. 12 and 14 surely isn't enough, and they don't really have any other currency to give.
I just don’t see why west coast would do it. Hell bent on drafting Allen and Davis as WA boys like they did a few years ago? Surely they’d need another late first rounder to make it worthwhile and I couldn’t give a **** about points! We’d take that trade in a heartbeat.

I just don’t see why west coast would do it. Hell bent on drafting Allen and Davis as WA boys like they did a few years ago? Surely they’d need another late first rounder to make it worthwhile and I couldn’t give a **** about points! We’d take that trade in a heartbeat.
Would need a pick around 5/6 to even consider trading 3.

Vic media is lazy when it comes to player targets for WVE, because they assume we draft WA players almost exclusively, despite half our list being Victorian.
.we tend to pick up WA players later in the draft, unless there's similar talent around our earlier picks of course, which clubs from every state does.

We have never been hell bent on drafting WA kids

What offer have west coast put forward that Richmond have knocked back? I haven’t heard of any offer that west coast have put up???
Richmond want the 1st rd pick WC get for Barrass. It doesn't help the WC rebuild swapping out Barrass for Baker. If WC get both Carlton future picks from Hawthorn for Barrass, would Richmond accept the Carlton F1 for Baker plus Richmond's pick around 25?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back