Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

All sorts of trouble if three of our best players are still at the club next year?
Well their trade value goes down and it is supposedly not as deep of a draft. Therefore you will get less quality draftees into your team but will benefit from having more umm leadership and might sneak a couple extra wins? Better development of worse players I guess?

EAGLES EXPLORING NEW BAKER TRADE, WEIGHING UP LATEST BARRASS OFFER October 13th, 2024 12:51 pm

West Coast is exploring other ways it can land Liam Baker and is considering a revised offer for Tom Barrass ahead of the second week of the trade period.

The Eagles’ plans were thrown out on Friday when Hawthorn and Carlton completed a trade involving Pick 14, which West Coast had been eyeing in the Barrass deal to forward to Richmond for Baker.

AFL Media reports Baker’s management and the Eagles are discussing a new deal between West Coast and Richmond that would see the 26-year old make the move west.

The new talks would also ensure West Coast wouldn’t need to rely on trading Barrass before it can acquire Baker.

12 and 14 for 3

Heard it all now folks.

If the Eagles trade 12 & 14 for 3 their list manager should be sacked on the spot.

Jay Clark suggested pick 3 for Liam Baker

OTT is way too generous. Unhinged is it

Richmond wouldn't have knocked back 14. Richmond has not knocked back any offer for Baker unless WC have ambitly offered their second-rounder or F2.

Jay Clark is an idiot, but he suggested 3 for Baker and pick 12 (i.e. trade 3 to Carlton for 12 and 14). Still unlikely WC finds that agreeable.

Yeah he would.

From what I've heard Baker and Freo are on good terms. He was very impressed with your presentation, it's just that he's a West Coast fan, and his best mate has just gone there. I don't think you're out of the picture if Matt Clarke doesn't wake up from his potato-gorging stupor.

No way the Eagles would or should consider 12&14 for 3.

I could see Richmond easily beating that with Pick 10, Baker (-14) and 24 for Pick 3.

Pick 10 gets you in front of Freo if Allen is the target and 24 gets you a good look at Gerryn.

Daniels tweeted that the saints are involved in some talks.

What would the saints want back in addition to 3 if they gave up 7/8?
WC 3+26 -> STK 7+8
WC 7 or 8 -> RIC Baker + 20 or 24.

Roughly equal points with a slight points advantage to WC in STK trade, then RIC trade values Baker at around a pick in the mid 20s on points difference.

Of course, points don’t necessarily reflect the value clubs put on picks. Pick 24 is also the first pick on the second night which gives it a bit more cachet.

Have it on good authority the trades done

Saints
Out - 7, future first
In - 3

Eagles
Out 3
In - 7, future first, 20, baker

Richmond
In - 7
Out - 20, baker
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)