Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

WC 3+26 -> STK 7+8
WC 7 or 8 -> RIC Baker + 20 or 24.

Roughly equal points with a slight points advantage to WC in STK trade, then RIC trade values Baker at around a pick in the mid 20s on points difference.

Of course, points don’t necessarily reflect the value clubs put on picks. Pick 24 is also the first pick on the second night which gives it a bit more cachet.
Why would St Kilda do that?

We already have a second round pick around the mark.

God I just hope WCE walk away from Baker
Richmond are just out to screw us over for a out of contract player
He is being so over rated its not funny

I would just offer 26 and a future 2nd/3rd and be done with it.
Honestly wce could get him at 3 in the PSD on a front loaded contract if it cane to that.

WC 3+26 -> STK 7+8
WC 7 or 8 -> RIC Baker + 20 or 24.
One step you've missed.
WC 8 -> GWS 15 & 16
WC 16 -> Rich Baker

I could probably live with that give that we retain picks 7 and 15, and that is more than equitable for Baker to Richmond.
Also I hope that a future 2nd (either ours or one we pick up in a trade with Hawthorn) is the pick we include to St Kilda, thus retaining pick 26 in this draft (though I very much doubt it).

Last edited:
I would just offer 26 and a future 2nd/3rd and be done with it.
Honestly wce could get him at 3 in the PSD on a front loaded contract if it cane to that.
I could understand if Baker was contracted you have to pay overs
Honestly he is worth a 25 to 30 pick so 26 should get it done
But Richmond are not out to do the right thing they are just trying to screw us down
Psd or he signs with Richmond for 1 year then becomes free agent and Richmond get free agency
that would be good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There really are some people with a very low IQ on here and I'm actually surprised they survive day by day.

Please be aware that Liam Baker is out of contract. This part is very important and it means that the Tigers have NO leverage as to what they receive in a trade.
West coast have stated that they think he is worth a mid/late 1st Round pick and also Fremantle have supposedly offered Picks 10,11 & 18 for Baker and Bolton but only picks 10&18 for Bolton so they value him at Pick 11?

None of this is the Tigers doing so STOP with the :poo: that we are trying to screw everyone over an uncontracted player.

Rant Over Happy Trading:cool:

There really are some people with a very low IQ on here and I'm actually surprised they survive day by day.

Please be aware that Liam Baker is out of contract. This part is very important and it means that the Tigers have NO leverage as to what they receive in a trade.
West coast have stated that they think he is worth a mid/late 1st Round pick and also Fremantle have supposedly offered Picks 10,11 & 18 for Baker and Bolton but only picks 10&18 for Bolton so they value him at Pick 11?

None of this is the Tigers doing so STOP with the :poo: that we are trying to screw everyone over an uncontracted player.

Rant Over Happy Trading:cool:
Wish Baker got some sense into him over the weekend & accepts to play for Freo.... who are way, way closer to a flag/finals than WC. Pick 11 is a steal if true.
I feel WC have offered him a decent contract which is much more than freo. Plus he was a WC fan growing up.

Oh look a Richmond fan getting generous all of a sudden, when the idea of pick 3 at a rival hits home. You have just revealed where you value Baker, as the packet of chips in a pick trade.

Bailey Smith (23 yo, 4years from FA, pick 7, star mid) is currently valued LOWER against the same draft crop as Liam Baker (26yo, 1 year from FA, Rookie draft discard, scrapped out a career). What would you get from Geelong, a Tim Kelly sock?

As for Allen, that should be a banned surname at the club after multiple fails, along with Kelly, Hansen, Pyke, Bond, Brockman and Natanui. I am probably forgetting some.....

R U OK?

Wish Baker got some sense into him over the weekend & accepts to play for Freo.... who are way, way closer to a flag/finals than WC. Pick 11 is a steal if true.
I feel WC have offered him a decent contract which is much more than freo. Plus he was a WC fan growing up.
We don't want Baker though so it wouldn't make sense.

Baker to Freo makes a million times more sense than Baker going to West Coast. Baker would be joining a team that'll be in finals contention every year until he retires.

West Coast are in zero position to be trading out first rounders with the shape the list is in. Especially for a soon to be 27 year old who won't affect winning in the slightest over the next few years.

There is no player at 3/4 that much better then the rest of the crop that you'd give up that much for. We are getting reemed in that deal.

Can guarantee it won't happen. We aren't here to do Richmond a favour.
Richmond fans seem to be of the opinion that every club should overpay in either players or trades to help out its rebuild. They seem rather upset when opposition fans aren’t interested in doing them a favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back